• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

MaxTheKokiri

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that is a good idea but with 5 maps and a random, the overplayed maps will still be played. I think it should be just 3 maps and a random. That would be the best in my opinion.
i like this guys idea :)

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
I do think in theory, this sounds like a wonderful idea.
The main problem I see with it though, is amounts of people leaving.

Even I am guilty of this, if I map comes up that I don't like to play on I'll often leave, and I know a lot of other people do the same thing. With a random map thing, I can see a map that not too many people enjoy being the one randomly picked, follow by many members of the lobby leaving causes a game short of 24 players. Sure this isn't a big deal, that's just how I see this panning out.

I wouldn't mind to see this take place, it would be interesting to see what ensues.

BritishShoop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If we do add this idea, what would then be the number of maps maybe would be best and why? 5? 4? 3? (not including the random selection)
I personally would say two, plus the random one, like in CoD.
I guess that many would disagree, but it would mean that a greater variety of maps would be played, not just the most popular.

Blake43215

Some guy
Reaction score
You cant call it President snow's pick.
1. President snow is already (edited out becase some people probs didnt read the last book)
2. that would be totally ending all thoughts about if the survival games is a rip from hunger games, and then we would be sued.
like the idea of random map though :D
Edit* how about instead of having it be President SNOW's pick, have it be President Chad's pick,

Or maybe even make the random map selector name random so the devs get a pick to :O

Last edited:

Neonblaze2

Spectator
Reaction score
I think It would be a great idea but no one will really vote for it... There will always be those maps that everyone wants to play compared to a randomly generated map... It might work if you reduce the voting options or somthing like that but otherwize I don't think it would end up doing a whole lot though.

EzSp

Career
Reaction score
The idea is great, although I think there should only be 3 or 4 maps and then random.

DatJuanGuy

Survivor
Reaction score
I'd love to vote for random maps
It'd be a bit more fun, this way you can get any map :D

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like there will be 4 options + a random.

LuthexColbark

Spectator
Reaction score
Great idea, this will definitely speed up voting for maps.

Edit: Will the random pick be just the maps in voting or all the maps in MCSG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci