• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
This sounds like a GREAT idea.
Can't wait!

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Dis actually sounds so cool! I love playing Sg1, Sg2 and Sg3 but I never get a chance to because all the new players even want to play is Breeze and Sg4. It also creates this awesome suspense before finally getting in the game which is going to be awesome =D Props to Chad and the Devs.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
As others on the first page have said, I think it would be a lot better if it's
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Random

TheManeEvent

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of people on here by saying that 5 other maps is way too much. There's an extremely high chance that one those 5 maps is going to be an overplayed map. I think 3 other maps would be good. Maybe even 2 other maps if you really want to go the Black Ops route.

xBros4Eva

Experienced
Reaction score
I think this idea sounds great! I would love a random map vote, it would spice things up a little :p

ulthar

Diamond
Reaction score
YES YES YES
I <3 u chadd soooooo much (No Homo)
Plus can we add
*A cannon can be heard in the distance*
and
*Now now, President Snow doesn't like it when his tributes run...*

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
With this setup, there will be no skip.
There's the catch. I love the idea of a random voting, but no skip? This does make sense, but I'm still not sure if this is what I want...

Even with my doubts, I'd rather experience this change before automatically going into my decision.

Jadarko

Career
Reaction score
Hello MCSG'ers and MCGamers! We wanted to start an opinion thread discussing our current voting system and how we have our players pick maps. We would like get some of the high quality underplayed maps more chances to be picked plus an overall increase variety so we can avoid overplayed ones. So our devs and I brainstormed ways on making it better and had come up with this option based on other games multiplayers system like Black Ops 2 or CoD. What if we have 5 map choices but the six option be an unknown random selection? So how it would be as a mock up:

Vote for a map to play on:
Map1
Map2
Map3
Map4
Map5
President Snow's Pick (or Random Map, working on text ideas)

With this setup, there will be no skip. So how do you all like this idea to be added via our future core update? What are your thoughts? If you vote no, please state your opinions below so we can continue a discussion on this. Just for a FYI, the community already has voted against random in general when we asked that in the past.
I think this is a great idea. Nobody really uses skip anymore anyways. Adding a random button would insure a map if theres no map that I like. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci