• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Voting for maps, should this be changed?

Do you like this voting improvement?

• Yes

Votes: 280 90.6%
  • No (please explain why below!)

Votes: 29 9.4%

• Total voters

sonnie

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello MCSG'ers and MCGamers! We wanted to start an opinion thread discussing our current voting system and how we have our players pick maps. We would like get some of the high quality underplayed maps more chances to be picked plus an overall increase variety so we can avoid overplayed ones. So our devs and I brainstormed ways on making it better and had come up with this option based on other games multiplayers system like Black Ops 2 or CoD. What if we have 5 map choices but the six option be an unknown random selection? So how it would be as a mock up:

Vote for a map to play on:
Map1
Map2
Map3
Map4
President Snow's Pick (or Random Map, working on text ideas)

With this setup, there will be no skip. So how do you all like this idea to be added via our future core update? What are your thoughts? If you vote no, please state your opinions below so we can continue a discussion on this. Just for a FYI, the community already has voted against random in general when we asked that in the past.
sure

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
I'll be honest I like the voting system. With how things are it's already difficult for maps to be overplayed. I would take the amount of votes needed to skip down, that's my opinion anyway.

Master_Mushroom

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I think it will be rarely used, if ever used and will just go mainly un-noticed like the skip option. If this was to be introduced, maybe make it like:
Map 1
Map 2
Map 2
Random

RagingApplez101

Spectator
Reaction score
I like the idea, but I think it will be rarely used, if ever used and will just go mainly un-noticed like the skip option. If this was to be introduced, maybe make it like:
Map 1
Map 2
Map 2
Random
I agree with Master. We have the skip option, but it's barely used. I don't think the random vote will stop the people that over-enthuse playing the overplayed maps, by shouting things like "PLZ VOTE 1!!!" in lobby. Me. xD But even at that, maybe it will work. I'll certainly use it! There are so many maps that are unplayed, so it would be nice to have a different map once in a while. :)

It's a great idea, and I really hope it will work out! It's a yes from me. ^-^

MrWhiteShadow

Platinum
Reaction score
Why not have one server with 24/7 of a certain map and rotate it everyweek? Since were talking about CoD something like "NukeTown 24/7" Instead rotate it with maps, & have it a random map? Or hold a thing such as, who ever wins the most on the 24/7 server gets to choose the next weeks map? But make sure the choices get minimized so that maps can't be replayed?

chrisoca24

Experienced
Reaction score
Why not have one server with 24/7 of a certain map and rotate it everyweek? Since were talking about CoD something like "NukeTown 24/7" Instead rotate it with maps, & have it a random map? Or hold a thing such as, who ever wins the most on the 24/7 server gets to choose the next weeks map? But make sure the choices get minimized so that maps can't be replayed?
dat signature ;)

Reaction score
I get what you're trying to do but the reason maps are overplayed is because the majority of the community like them and the reason maps are underplayed is because the majority of the community don't like them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci