• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

We need change. Cause it.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Hello it's Noah again; this should be a fairly long rant but a very meaningful one to me and hopefully you. So if it's too long and you don't care, just leave now instead of saying TL;DR. That would show immense immaturity and seriously disappoint me to see. Now to explain
I have gone all throughout my life being told by my family, friends, and other loved ones that sexual interests are entirely up to the individual and that being homosexual will always be an option and completely ok. Gays are people just like any other person and honestly tend to be nicer people on average in my opinion. I have been friends of homosexuals, pansexuals, bisexuals, heterosexuals so on and so forth. Due to this, I have come to know what great people they are and how nice they can be. I have also gone throughout my life being among friends who make gay references... even I have participated some of the time... some examples may include saying "hah GAYYY!!!" or "fgt, fegget, fabulous person, other uses of the word" "queer, gay kid" too many more... I've looked back and realized what we have done, what we could've done, and what we can do. I hate these actions for multiple reasons such as:
1. It can truly hurt people. If people all around you constantly use gay as an insult like this even as a joke, how can they be able to tell anyone or be confident in themself? I haven't gone through this but would expect coming out to be a very difficult experience and much much worse with these terrible conditions and surroundings. They could become scared they would be outcast, hated, or put in a situation that is undesirable for no good or fair reason. A homosexual could easily be offended by just one person saying "wow what a fag." even about someone else INSTANTLY. Why would you risk saying it to begin with? You could be talking to someone who just hasn't come out because they're too scared and it's because of people. like. you. It just isn't worth it.
2. All it does is encourage it among others. If you express these things, you could arise anti-gay opinions among other people and spread it more. Are you aware that even governments have attempted to pass laws making gays unable to participate in public events, eat at certain restaurants, go to certain schools, etc. This familiar at all? How about 1920s-1970s with segregation laws against blacks followed by mass racism that followed for decades? How about the holocaust? That's right homosexuals were victims too; not just the Jewish. Do you want to help cause this? Another segregation or even another HOLOCAUST?! May be that's out of proportion. Maybe calling someone gay won't make a difference in the long run. Maybe it will. But most definitely, it's capable of hurting at least one person. Is that your goal?
3. Loss. That's a bit vague; allow me to specify. People have ended their lives over people discriminating against them for their sexual preferences. Are you aware that 3x the amount of people who are murdered actually kill themselves? Are you aware that approximately 4/5 of it is due to bullying? And finally... are you aware that 1/2.5 of this is bullying involving homosexuality? Let's do the math here. Nearly the same amount of people who are murdered every year kill themselves (precisely .96 times the amount) due to hatred toward their sexual standpoint. Now let's take our focus off of those who actually did pass away and direct it toward those who grieve. Families have lost their children, friends have lost their friends, siblings have lost their brothers and sisters. Do you know how it must feel to cry every night wishing you could just see them again? To tell them it's ok? To feel like there is something they could've done but didn't? Do you know how their parents felt thinking they did something wrong or forgotten to do something right? Same to their friends and loved ones... do you want this? Do you want to be the reason people cry every night unable to forget what happened? I hope not.
That was my reasoning and now you must see my point. I don't want you to say sorry, to tell me or anyone else you'll do better. Saying this will not help anyone by any means at all EVER. What you need to do is take action and prove you can be better. Never joke about gays or the element of homosexuality. If someone does, you step in and help this person from being the reason people cry THE REASON PEOPLE DIE! If someone comes out of the closet, you support them no matter what you believe. Show that you care about them and that their feelings are ok and always will be. Show them you love and care about them. Show them they belong and are loved. Don't hate them don't bully them don't make them feel unwanted. I am not homosexual myself but decided in a way to be when I made this thread. By that, I mean that I put myself in the shoes of a suicidal gay, an unconfident gay, one who has "friends" that make him feel unwanted, or even the loved ones of any of these. I had to understand TO FEEL their pain and other negative emotions, and I swear it was terrible. I understand now. So I finalize, take action. Make them feel loved, make them feel wanted, and Damn it don't make people have to cry!
Typed on a kindle this took nearly an hour ;-; still worth it

Last edited:

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
I don't get why people just can't all be nice to eachother.
If they could, lives wouldn't be lost to hatred. There wouldn't be war, there wouldn't be mass murders. And so many more...
Cannot agree with my man Noah here more, great job on this thread and people really need to see this because it is very deep.
Thank you attackdog I appreciate it.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
I don't think that others realize how saddening and hurtful it is to be called out and constantly made fun of for something that they are completely entitled to be. People just need to use common sense and realize that not everyone is exactly like them.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Honestly, you have always been a hateful person and I don't care that you have no interest in helping others. You may feel this way and leave guilt free, but just know this small post could've hurt someone Shawn. Have fun living with that.
I don't think that others realize how saddening and hurtful it is to be called out and constantly made fun of for something that they are completely entitled to be. People just need to use common sense and realize that not everyone is exactly like them.
Human nature is scared of different and it makes me sad

Cheetuh

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, you have always been a hateful person and I don't care that you have no interest in helping others. You may feel this way and leave guilt free, but just know this small post could've hurt someone Shawn. Have fun living with that.

Human nature is scared of different and it makes me sad
Your dramatic xD

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello it's Noah again; this should be a fairly long rant but a very meaningful one to me and hopefully you. So if it's too long and you don't care, just leave now instead of saying TL;DR. That would show immense immaturity and seriously disappoint me to see. Now to explain
I have gone all throughout my life being told by my family, friends, and other loved ones that sexual interests are entirely up to the individual and that being homosexual will always be an option and completely ok. Gays are people just like any other person and honestly tend to be nicer people on average in my opinion. I have been friends of homosexuals, pansexuals, bisexuals, heterosexuals so on and so forth. Due to this, I have come to know what great people they are and how nice they can be. I have also gone throughout my life being among friends who make gay references... even I have participated some of the time... some examples may include saying "hah GAYYY!!!" or "fgt, fegget, fabulous person, other uses of the word" "queer, gay kid" too many more... I've looked back and realized what we have done, what we could've done, and what we can do. I hate these actions for multiple reasons such as:
1. It can truly hurt people. If people all around you constantly use gay as an insult like this even as a joke, how can they be able to tell anyone or be confident in themself? I haven't gone through this but would expect coming out to be a very difficult experience and much much worse with these terrible conditions and surroundings. They could become scared they would be outcast, hated, or put in a situation that is undesirable for no good or fair reason. A homosexual could easily be offended by just one person saying "wow what a fag." even about someone else INSTANTLY. Why would you risk saying it to begin with? You could be talking to someone who just hasn't come out because they're too scared and it's because of people. like. you. It just isn't worth it.
2. All it does is encourage it among others. If you express these things, you could arise anti-gay opinions among other people and spread it more. Are you aware that even governments have attempted to pass laws making gays unable to participate in public events, eat at certain restaurants, go to certain schools, etc. This familiar at all? How about 1920s-1970s with segregation laws against blacks followed by mass racism that followed for decades? How about the holocaust? That's right homosexuals were victims too; not just the Jewish. Do you want to help cause this? Another segregation or even another HOLOCAUST?! May be that's out of proportion. Maybe calling someone gay won't make a difference in the long run. Maybe it will. But most definitely, it's capable of hurting at least one person. Is that your goal?
3. Loss. That's a bit vague; allow me to specify. People have ended their lives over people discriminating against them for their sexual preferences. Are you aware that 3x the amount of people who are murdered actually kill themselves? Are you aware that approximately 4/5 of it is due to bullying? And finally... are you aware that 1/2.5 of this is bullying involving homosexuality? Let's do the math here. Nearly the same amount of people who are murdered every year kill themselves (precisely .96 times the amount) due to hatred toward their sexual standpoint. Now let's take our focus off of those who actually did pass away and direct it toward those who grieve. Families have lost their children, friends have lost their friends, siblings have lost their brothers and sisters. Do you know how it must feel to cry every night wishing you could just see them again? To tell them it's ok? To feel like there is something they could've done but didn't? Do you know how their parents felt thinking they did something wrong or forgotten to do something right? Same to their friends and loved ones... do you want this? Do you want to be the reason people cry every night unable to forget what happened? I hope not.
That was my reasoning and now you must see my point. I don't want you to say sorry, to tell me or anyone else you'll do better. Saying this will not help anyone by any means at all EVER. What you need to do is take action and prove you can be better. Never joke about gays or the element of homosexuality. If someone does, you step in and help this person from being the reason people cry THE REASON PEOPLE DIE! If someone comes out of the closet, you support them no matter what you believe. Show that you care about them and that their feelings are ok and always will be. Show them you love and care about them. Show them they belong and are loved. Don't hate them don't bully them don't make them feel unwanted. I am not homosexual myself but decided in a way to be when I made this thread. By that, I mean that I put myself in the shoes of a suicidal gay, an unconfident gay, one who has "friends" that make him feel unwanted, or even the loved ones of any of these. I had to understand TO FEEL their pain and other negative emotions, and I swear it was terrible. I understand now. So I finalize, take action. Make them feel loved, make them feel wanted, and Damn it don't make people have to cry!
Very powerful message. Its amazing these days what people do to each other not realizing the pain and suffering it causes each other. And what they don't realize is, It all stops with yourself, how can you expect people to change, if no one does anything? It may seem like such a small amount, 1 person changing, but trust me, it will spread quickly. The more people we have being nice, and not being heartless, will limit the amount of Inconsiderate teens, and in some cases adults! Great points.
I don't get why people just can't all be nice to eachother. :c
Its the world we now live in, it's the world we call earth, and we did this to ourselves

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Did you really have to...

Anyways, I could not agree more. Those phrases are getting tossed around so casually these days, and they can be extremely hurtful to some people. Lives are being lost due to just simple everyday sayings, that have huge negative repercussions. Thanks for bringing this topic up, it is really important that people get reminded of this as often as possible.

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
He is not dramatic, he is being serious. And if you cannot respect that please stop trying to start fights on this thought out thread.
Did you really have to...

Anyways, I could not agree more. Those phrases are getting tossed around so casually these days, and they can be extremely hurtful to some people. Lives are being lost due to just simple everyday sayings, that have huge negative repercussions. Thanks for bringing this topic up, it is really important that people get reminded of this as often as possible.
Thanks to both of you. I appreciate the support but however would appreciate if none of us respond to again. I've known him a good bit of time and know he takes enjoyment from being hateful. If he responds again, please do not respond. It only encourages him; I'd rather him leave as an asshole than stay here as one.

Lucidictive

Diamond
Reaction score
Just saying, this is not necessary.. I'm sure people realize calling other people names is hurtful.

I didn't read the whole thing, I skimmed. It's just the same point stated over and over again.

Oh, am I supposed to act like this: YOU'RE A GREAT PERSON FOR POSTING THIS HERE'S A LIKE, AND HERE'S A FOLLOW THANKS FOR BEING A HERO.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci