• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you guys think of SG5?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lululioness

I'm not that fond of the floating snow, the corn and the fact you can only get to the bottom floors of most buildings :( I love the corn, I nearly always get something from it, but overall, it's my least favourite Vareide map and I think Team Vareide can do better.

Sownd_Efekt

Spectator
Reaction score
This map is all right, I've only played it three times (won once). I played with my friend Agameofscones the first time and we got to the airplane, beginning to run out of food, and were shocked to find that the chest at the nose wasn't tier 2. We then proceeded to die a quick and painful death. My second game I won because I got two diamonds at corn and slaughtered just about anyone after collecting some decent armor. Honestly, this map doesn't lag my computer but the large amount of space makes it easy for those who got great stuff at the corn continue to dominate and chase down anyone easily. Chests are relatively easy to find but really don't pay for the distance you have to go to find them. I find food to be a real problem on this map. Otherwise, this map is pretty good but not the best.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
My favorite map out of all the ones on the server. I love the theme, the buildings, and the innovative corn. However, the lack of tier two chests does detract from its appeal just a bit.
I agree with Zeno. The lack of tier 2 chests mean that anyone can make their own route, like I did. Even though they are now tier 2 chests in the map. Still, an overall excellent map. Good job, TeamVariede

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with what everyone else has been saying.

The map is good and I enjoy playing it with the exception of lag. But that's to be expect with a new map.

The one thing I don't like is the fact that only Tier 2 chest are at the corn. I know the idea was probably to make people come to the middle at refill, but, they aren't going to do that if they can't defend themselves or else they die.

It just seems like if you don't get a good/great chest at the beginning, you are screwed. And that is no fun lol. I will see players log out 2 minutes after the game start just cuz they got nothing at the corn. God knows there are plenty of places for Tier 2 chests.. like statue of liberty.. the plane..ship.. bridges.

I'm sure you guys will figure it out :p. Great job on the map tho. Looks incredible.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Everyone is saying that the lack of tier 2 chests is the main problem with this map.
First of all, thats not team varide's fault, they don't have as much power over what happens in the servers a you would expect.
Second, I love the lack of tier 2's and im sure a lot of you do too. The lack of tier 2 chests allows for the players who dont do well to get the potential upper-hand in some fights and even possibly get wins they wouldnt have gotten on any other map.
Plus, one game on SG4 i played when it was first released, the tier 2 spawning system had some sort of heart attack as it spawned only diamonds.There were people with almost full diamond armor and by the time there were 10 players left, everyone, even the new players that started on the servers that game, had a diamond sword. If that were to happen with SG5, only corn would be affected, even though that is still an extrem advantage over everyone else, that is still better than everyone getting 12+diamonds from other tier 2's.

Sup3rT0nyRocks

Survivor
Reaction score
Great Aesthetics, awesome scenery, lots of chests, Who wouldn't love it, The one fact is, The map is a bit big and lack of vibrance in it is uncanny, I would give it a 6/10. Its a great map though!

NewieLordAbiter

Tribute
Reaction score
No offense, I know all of your maps take a long time to do, but the unneccesary lag and lack of tier 2's outside of corn make it my least favorite map. I do love the theme and buildings however :)

gotsteve

Platinum
Reaction score
It is a good map, but if you don't have 64 bit java it is an issue!

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I love this map, I think the corn is really nice as its good to have different corns in each map so it was a cool idea having the jump down, I think the buildings look amazing and are good to traverse around, its a nice challenge. Also the chests are nicely spaced out and not too hard to find, the one downside is the extreme lag the server always seems to have :/ x

Gerrard99

Tribute
Reaction score
im not gunna lie :D
It sucks. You should delete it it barely ever gets picked.

Logicalllama

Survivor
Reaction score
Kind of annoying how everyone is complaining about the lack of tier 2 chests, and blaming it on us :( We don't pick the tier chests, thats purely MCSG's decision, and I have no idea why they havent chosen any yet, and why they didn't choose them before the release of the map:/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci