• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you guys think of SG5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerrard99

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree dude, its annoying when people say the maps should be deleted, we all have to play maps we dont like occasionally, if it was just one map it would be lame! and sg5 is a really beautiful build, its not the builders fault that it is laggy sometimes
But the map is bad thats why it never gets chosen, its not because of lags.

Rebound4

Career
Reaction score
But the map is bad thats why it never gets chosen, its not because of lags.
Why is it bad???
I personally <3 SG5 and appreciate the amount of effort and time must've been put into building something so cool :D My favourite part is the statue of liberty (cuz parkour is like the only thing i'm good at in survival games :p) and how awesome it looks :D

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
It's an amazing map but WAY too big.. Breeze and sg4 are amazing sized maps. Not to big, not to small, and sg5 lags so many people that's why people hate it. If your going to make a map make it smallish with nice buildings chests spread out etc. Sg5 you can barely find chests unless you use nodus etc.

Logicalllama

Survivor
Reaction score
It's an amazing map but WAY too big.. Breeze and sg4 are amazing sized maps. Not to big, not to small, and sg5 lags so many people that's why people hate it. If your going to make a map make it smallish with nice buildings chests spread out etc. Sg5 you can barely find chests unless you use nodus etc.
Thanks for the clear response to the map:p
However, I disagree with some parts of what you said. You say sg4 and breeze are perfectly sized maps. I disagree. They make the game so dull and generic. When I joined I loved SG as it was. It was about SURVIVAL. It was about using your brain to win. Using tactics. Now its just any pvp server. Which to be honest, really sucks balls. On the new maps, I don't find myself thinking about situations, thinking about food and provisions. All I see is a once amazing gamemode destroyed and twisted by the new community, that suck up to sg4 and breeze, and refuse to give any other maps a chance. If this MCSGV2 doesnt fix this game destroying voting system, I'm off forever :l.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Breeze...SG4...not too small...
Those are lies my good friend...

And how, may i ask, is it hard to find chests in SG5, tell me one instance where you got nothing off the start and dont stumble upon at the very least 10+ chests (even if they are empty). Also, how arent these buildings "nice", oh wait...i found a reason...they are MORE than nice, they are extremely detailed with beutiful(<---forgive my spelling...im very bad at it :p) designs on them, yes, they are just asthetic shells that contain nothing, but they are just amazing to look at, this map is archatectualy astonishing.

And back on to the topic of size, this map has about a 300-400 block radius, the size of your normal SG2,Breeze island has a 150 block radius, a little smaller than your regular minecraft indev chunk of a world(or pocket edition world), which, in my opinion, is too small. If it werent for the center of the map, you would be able to see another player on the other side of the map using the zoom function of optifine. In other words, SG5 is the perfect size to host MCSG or any other Hunger-Games-based-PvP-mini-game in minecraft...

^^Nuff said^^

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
Breeze...SG4...not too small...
Those are lies my good friend...

And how, may i ask, is it hard to find chests in SG5, tell me one instance where you got nothing off the start and dont stumble upon at the very least 10+ chests (even if they are empty). Also, how arent these buildings "nice", oh wait...i found a reason...they are MORE than nice, they are extremely detailed with beutiful(<---forgive my spelling...im very bad at it :p) designs on them, yes, they are just asthetic shells that contain nothing, but they are just amazing to look at, this map is archatectualy astonishing.

And back on to the topic of size, this map has about a 300-400 block radius, the size of your normal SG2,Breeze island has a 150 block radius, a little smaller than your regular minecraft indev chunk of a world(or pocket edition world), which, in my opinion, is too small. If it werent for the center of the map, you would be able to see another player on the other side of the map using the zoom function of optifine. In other words, SG5 is the perfect size to host MCSG or any other Hunger-Games-based-PvP-mini-game in minecraft...

^^Nuff said^^
LOL,you must get at least 1000 fps then hotshot. I mean the connection for the servers on that map is horrible and so is the fps for people who play who's cpu's cant handle it. Thats why people don't play SG2 or SG5 because there humongous maps.Breeze is 150 yeah it's small, WAY better then sg5. Sg4 perfect size, chest spread differen't places to do different things and then there's sg5. Statue of liberty parkour, and a huge bridge. Lol, and 10+ chests? Lol heck no, I see 2-3 chests and I have to kill others for other chests and I have 188 wins I know the map amazingly, but there are nearly 2 to 3 tier 2 chests, it's not about survival it's just a huge map with spread chests all over the maps, that's all it is. A huge map, that lags repeatedly.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
LOL,you must get at least 1000 fps then hotshot. I mean the connection for the servers on that map is horrible and so is the fps for people who play who's cpu's cant handle it. Thats why people don't play SG2 or SG5 because there humongous maps.Breeze is 150 yeah it's small, WAY better then sg5. Sg4 perfect size, chest spread differen't places to do different things and then there's sg5. Statue of liberty parkour, and a huge bridge. Lol, and 10+ chests? Lol heck no, I see 2-3 chests and I have to kill others for other chests and I have 188 wins I know the map amazingly, but there are nearly 2 to 3 tier 2 chests, it's not about survival it's just a huge map with spread chests all over the maps, that's all it is. A huge map, that lags repeatedly.
I get about 10 or less fps on this map (and don't call me hotshot...thats just rude), and i was just pionting out that some of your pionts were in-valid...

BTW, SG4 has a 125 radius... just saying...

If you cant find 10+ chests on this map if you are good, and you thnk you have memorized the map...dont use a chest path and/or look harder for them.

SG2&SG5 too big ehh...that is only a fracton of the size of the GOOD maps MCSG has to offer (i belive hungry hills is 750, same with SG1 maybe) and big maps=better and/or longer LEGIT survival games gameplay.

Dont need any comments on this ^^

Logicalllama

Survivor
Reaction score
You sir, are the exact reason why I stopped playing MCSG. To be honest, I don't want premature, ignorant, rude little kids like you to have our maps. I'd rather just give it to the grateful people, who appreciate effort and good map building. You know what, 70% of the community is like you. That's the thing :l That's why I wish Dennis didnt give you the map. Some people in this community are great, mature people. Others, in my opinion, should be banned:p.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
You sir, are the exact reason why I stopped playing MCSG. To be honest, I don't want premature, ignorant, rude little kids like you to have our maps. I'd rather just give it to the grateful people, who appreciate effort and good map building. You know what, 70% of the community is like you. That's the thing :l That's why I wish Dennis didnt give you the map. Some people in this community are great, mature people. Others, in my opinion, should be banned:p.
You guys dont get the credit you deserve, for instance, one person i played with had NEVER played SG1... so sad... and this kind of thing just upsets me because the maps made are fair and fun to play on (SG4 vannila is acctualy fun quite fun to play and requires skill, not luck) but they turn out being full of crap when chests are added and tierd (thats where i lost intrest in sg4) no matter the size...
I hope that when i decide to apply for Team Varide that i can use my skills there to show that a truly skilled player takes time to think about what they do in-game and that luck should not be your savior in the survival games(#HellGames BTW)
1 request that will never come true: no tiers... it just ruins the game...

Nuff said.

xSwagGiraffe

Diamond
Reaction score
How am I a child for speaking the truth?That's YOUR opinion that you think it's amazing, well if you log onto the servers for a day you'll see that the community doesen't agree with you and agrees with me. You guys make good maps, and I'm not an arrogant,ungrateful child. I'm 15 and I don't need other maps then the ones we have, I'm pretty satisfied as is. Premature? LOL. I'm one of the maturest in the community. But in my opinion sg5 sucks, MY opinion. Stop hating on my opinion, the question was aimed towards US, not you US.

Logicalllama

Survivor
Reaction score
How am I a child for speaking the truth?That's YOUR opinion that you think it's amazing, well if you log onto the servers for a day you'll see that the community doesen't agree with you and agrees with me. You guys make good maps, and I'm not an arrogant,ungrateful child. I'm 15 and I don't need other maps then the ones we have, I'm pretty satisfied as is. Premature? LOL. I'm one of the maturest in the community. But in my opinion sg5 sucks, MY opinion. Stop hating on my opinion, the question was aimed towards US, not you US.
No, the way you speak of your opinion, is in a childish manner. You show no repect towards us, for the time and effort we put into the maps, and the fact that we created the survival games. I repected your reponse up untill here 'LOL,you must get at least 1000 fps then hotshot. I mean the connection for the servers on that map is horrible and so is the fps for people who play who's cpu's cant handle it. Thats why people don't play SG2 or SG5 because there humongous maps.Breeze is 150 yeah it's small, WAY better then sg5. Sg4 perfect size, chest spread differen't places to do different things and then there's sg5. Statue of liberty parkour, and a huge bridge. Lol, and 10+ chests? Lol heck no, I see 2-3 chests and I have to kill others for other chests and I have 188 wins I know the map amazingly, but there are nearly 2 to 3 tier 2 chests, it's not about survival it's just a huge map with spread chests all over the maps, that's all it is. A huge map, that lags repeatedly.' Firstly, you insulted CaptButter for no reason at all. Secondly, The community just loves sg4 and breeze. That's why I quit. Those, in my opinion are the worst 2 maps on the server. Theyre woeful. I hated sg4, and I built a ton of it. I honestly hate it. Like I said above^ I used to have an extremely bad computer, and so I never played sg2. However, I respected TeamVareide for the work and effort they put into map. When you come along, and say 'Sucks, laggy, too big' and stupid, stupid, ignorant reasons like that. You honestly expect me not to get angry? This community is almost impossible to please. Literally. We build a big map, it's too laggy, Build a small map, not detailed enough. I honestly believe if we just random generated a map that was stupidly small, and placed a few, low detailed castles around the place, everyone would love it. That's how out of hand and stupid its become. I used to build the maps, thinking what the people at MCSG would like, but now, I just give up to be honest. The amount of hate we get, we cannot really get our heads round it. We laugh about it in teamspeak.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
No, the way you speak of your opinion, is in a childish manner. You show no repect towards us, for the time and effort we put into the maps, and the fact that we created the survival games. I repected your reponse up untill here 'LOL,you must get at least 1000 fps then hotshot. I mean the connection for the servers on that map is horrible and so is the fps for people who play who's cpu's cant handle it. Thats why people don't play SG2 or SG5 because there humongous maps.Breeze is 150 yeah it's small, WAY better then sg5. Sg4 perfect size, chest spread differen't places to do different things and then there's sg5. Statue of liberty parkour, and a huge bridge. Lol, and 10+ chests? Lol heck no, I see 2-3 chests and I have to kill others for other chests and I have 188 wins I know the map amazingly, but there are nearly 2 to 3 tier 2 chests, it's not about survival it's just a huge map with spread chests all over the maps, that's all it is. A huge map, that lags repeatedly.' Firstly, you insulted CaptButter for no reason at all. Secondly, The community just loves sg4 and breeze. That's why I quit. Those, in my opinion are the worst 2 maps on the server. Theyre woeful. I hated sg4, and I built a ton of it. I honestly hate it. Like I said above^ I used to have an extremely bad computer, and so I never played sg2. However, I respected TeamVareide for the work and effort they put into map. When you come along, and say 'Sucks, laggy, too big' and stupid, stupid, ignorant reasons like that. You honestly expect me not to get angry? This community is almost impossible to please. Literally. We build a big map, it's too laggy, Build a small map, not detailed enough. I honestly believe if we just random generated a map that was stupidly small, and placed a few, low detailed castles around the place, everyone would love it. That's how out of hand and stupid its become. I used to build the maps, thinking what the people at MCSG would like, but now, I just give up to be honest. The amount of hate we get, we cannot really get our heads round it. We laugh about it in teamspeak.
Its not surprising people hate on the maps since the community is so big, and people tend to voice their hate rather than their love, dont give up on the community just because some asshats cant get over themselves and hate on every map except their 1 favourite, personally I dont like breeze as the water causes really prolonged battles which gets on my nerves (especially with fishing rods lol) just keep making your amazing maps and dont give up on us yet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci