• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you look for in a map?

LegendofCharks

Experienced
Reaction score
For sg maps, big amazing builds make sure you always have something to look at other than miles of ocean or the person killing you.

"I like big builds and I cannot lie!"

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
A couple thoughts I have on this subject:

Not too much water.
Water is a big pain sometimes, especially water filled maps like breeze and SG1. Water fighting is just annoying, and not worth the time and effort. Enough water to make a boat useful is always fun, like the rivers in that Moonlight Lake map. Also, on big maps like SG1 where water takes up a big space, you will often need a boat to find everyone.

Enough buildings.
On maps like SG3, SG1 and other maps with few buildings it's just not very interesting. I don't like landscapes filled completely with trees or plains, and the buildings need to be balanced enough so that there is no massively overpowered region. It's the same thing with chests, you have to balance them out. Buildings also serve as a very helpful landmark. On SG1, the only reason I know which way to go to find my route is because of the building next to spawn.

Good Terraforming.
I like hills, ravines, valleys and just different heights in a map. In SG4 I thought this was one of the main problems. It's all pretty much flat, except the ravine and the cliff on the edge of the map. It's fun to do a bit of mountain hiking to get up to a couple good chests. I've never really seen a map that was surrounded by mountains, but I'd like to see one. I think it would make for a very interesting game!

If I think of something else, I may add on in the future :)

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I enjoy fun redstone contraptions; bridges from walls, trapped floors, deadly dispensers. Things just things in general that will give a not so geared player the ability to overtake a player who is chasing them and geared out... or even a team of players.

MaxtheSwain

Career
Reaction score
I like maps with awesome structures along side large flat areas I prefer buildings that you can access than those that are just an emptey shell like sg2 in comparason to sg5

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A funny light hearted map. I'm seriously considering making a mario themed map....

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
****vage

Urm, the amazing structures? I would love a space-themed map.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lots of nature.. Not to much water.. But large forests with little sneaky secret hideouts. Much like Sg 1.. Big forest.. Some big landmarks. But alot of little places to find chest.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Lots of nature.. Not to much water.. But large forests with little sneaky secret hideouts. Much like Sg 1.. Big forest.. Some big landmarks. But alot of little places to find chest.
Like SG1, but more noticeable landmarks.

L

Lululioness

Because the whole point in having it at the top, is so teams don't dominate the refill;P Because there won't esentially be one. So you won't really ever come up against a completely tanked out team. If you had it at the bottom, theres no point in having it at the top;P
I has idea. After about 5 minutes, a larger wall should go up around corn. Then, lava should flow from the walls, then bye bye spawn campers xD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci