• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What do you look for in a map?

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It must be jungle paradise themed, have lots of very steep mountains and lots, lots of water.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So, I was thinking about working on a map for MCSG, as it would be nice to pay back in some way all the hours of fun this gamemode has granted me.
If you have any suggestions, please tell me them, and they will most probably be implemented into my project.
Thanks!
-Llama:D
Flying islands with Steampunk cities on sounds good.
And you should have lots of chests, so people want to play them.
Mark of tier 2 chests in a short of way.
Traps, lots of traps.
Remember building those steampunky air balloons.
Remember to put my name in there, as it will be a huge source of fun.
Lots of easter eggs.
Terraformed terrain, with no visible brushes.
Have a catchy name with a meaning, everyone will look on names like Dir Jarife or Sirinke City like a bad name.
Use command blocks for cool effects.
You should aim to be the(or one of the) first map(s) with 1.5 features, a steampunk map with these would be awesome.
I think the cornucopia you can't get back to is an incredible idea. It would stop the 'corn camper' winning so much, and add an entirely new aspect to the game. People would have to live off what they find, search for chests, and know they won't be able to reach the sanctuary of the cornucopia again. Also, by Deathmatch, it adds another feature - much like in SG5, you can knock people off the corn, so they die of falling or get lightning'd. I have a couple ideas to add which would make these MUCH more like the Hunger Games:
- Much less tier 2 chests, many more tier 1's (This makes it difficult for experienced players to find a route that's best, giving inexperienced players a chance.)
- More traps, both in random locations and nearby chests (These traps would not necessarily kill you, they might only trap you for a few seconds, until you break through the correct leaf. I really like the idea of mid-chase traps, which would ensnare you whilst your enemy closed in.)
Hope these ideas were ok ;)
Only 5% of the players would want that tier 1 chest thing.
This map will not be popular.

Aragon_Neotrix

Tribute
Reaction score
Logicalllama if you are still looking for a solution to the corn camp bug then just make corn a building in which you cant get back into using redstone and pressure pads

if you dont want a building per say use glass so its see through then they will be forced to jump off

ANNNDDDD if you are worried about afk people just redstone it so after a few secs floor around podiums is cleared and all you can do is jump down to the playing field

hope that solves everything

Btw enchanting is already in mcsg

me and a friend fished for 10min in teweran and then enchanted our swords and armour :p
we didnt lose that match

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
*Unique theme
*Good amount of detail
*good terraforming
*easter eggs
*plenty of chests

LPGeneratorX

Tribute
Reaction score
1. Small (About as big as Terwan 2)
2. No death traps, or place you can get stuck in.
3. A good theme
4. Amazing looking corn so people can find it easier, possibly with beacon blocks?
5. No extremely large buildings, that made SG 2 a disaster.
6. please for the love of god NO WATER. (I think we all know where we got that from....)
7.Enchant Tables
8.Farm animals, I would also say violent mobs but that's for the dev. team to decide.
9. PvP locations. For examples high mountains?
10. Hotspots (places where there are a lot of chests. like the ship in Breeze and the airfield in SG 4.)
11. Good amount of chests (About 10 in corn and 40 in the over world? Depends on the size)
12. Cool Easter eggs.
13. Make it like a smaller version of SG 3 (All types of biome related things. like the giant tree or the Himalayan mountain top?) cause if SG 3 was smaller it would be played a lot more.
14. If you want to cross out no. 4, then make a corn that people cannot camp, and you have to do a lot of climbing to get up there. :D For example Hungry Hills? But that map was huuuuugggeee....
15. Tier 2 chests should be hard to get to like there should be some parkour before it. Or climb a building or solve a puzzle of some sort?
16. No impossible redstone locks. There should be REAL hints on the walls somewhere.
17. Make very few double chests.
18. please do not use cobwebs to trap players.
19 Only ONE tier 2 double chest on the entire map. And make some lava parkour to get to it.... *laughs maniacally*
20. Well designed redstone traps and traps that slow you down but not kill you.
21. Put in enchanted weapons or armor in WORKING DISPENSERS.
22. Tamable wolves. Or cats.... :D
69.:p LOT'S OF CAKE! :p

Hope you found that helpful.... cause it was hard to write. XD

Mr Dice

Career
Reaction score
I like really dense maps, or Mountainous maps. By dense I mean lots and lots of structures really close together, with narrow corridors, like the one variede made, the one in the old abandoned city, that was great, but it would have been better if it was even denser.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci