• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What has happened to MCSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let's steal an idea from Hive: Have a forum games section where people can take part in random fun forum games. People may rage over there, but it least it will cheer people up a bit. It's the least we can do right now
Y U PEOPLE TRYING TO BE BETTER THAN THE HIVE? STOP taking IDEAS FROM THE HIVE! I don't give a DAMN about MCSG

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You know, in all honesty.. MCSG is better than the Hive. But of course, that is my opinion, and not yours. The Hive is not as organized, their staff is very unloyal, and many of them are not trained to do what they are supposed to. I once had a moderator ask me why a person shouldn't be able to sprint while hitting a player. It is ridiculous.

In my opinion, sure, the Hive will get a good portion of our players, but don't forget our endless amounts of not well known players. You know, the kids who ask how to join a game, and then become number one. Of course we here at MCSG take the Hive to be a threat, they will not damage us as a community.
Staff unloyal?Umad bro?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Staff unloyal?Umad bro?
Y U PEOPLE TRYING TO BE BETTER THAN THE HIVE? STOP taking IDEAS FROM THE HIVE! I don't give a DAMN about MCSG
You know what, go back to the hive, abandon this account and stop being a hypocrite, maybe people will like you. Have a nice day ;).

Oh, and BTW, you can go ahead and un-follow me on the hive ;).

Xxpsbounty567xX

Survivor
Reaction score
Dude Who cares if you dont care about mcsg. You obviously care enough to be on the forums. And if you havnt noticed they said they already have that section because we have had it ALOT longer than the hive. Also the hive took alot of things from mcsg so please leave or stop complaining.

Assasinator25

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Going to post what Ajax posted
Hey Everyone,

As a lot of you have heard - there has been a fair amount of drama between us (The Hive) and MCSG (MinecraftSurvivalGames.com). So I thought I would put some light on the situation and discuss what has happened, who "hates" who and other boring stuff. So. Let me begin.

When we came up with TheHive concept, we wanted it to be a place for people to play awesome gametypes without the need of searching through different websites and adding different IP's. So naturally we wanted to cover as many bases as we can. This led us to eventually discuss the idea of Survival Games.

Survival Games was a natural choice for us as Vareide is well known for being the "Creator" of the original maps - the maps that made the hugely fun gametype into what it is today. Now, as Clankstar and Dennis were friends with Chad (Owner of MCSG) - we initially thought "Hey! Why don't we try to work with them!". So, we discussed stuff, and eventually we ended up on TeamSpeak with Chad.

We offered to buy MCSG out. Naturally, Chad didn't want to discuss anything at the price we offered, as he rightly believed the community and the service was worth more. We can't disagree with that. After he denied the idea of a buyout, I was quite open and said then we'll most likely be competing. Which understandably made Chad a little upset.

Which moves us onto the next question. Why didn't you guys work together? Well, quite frankly, at the time of the discussion, MCSGv2 wasn't out of the door and their current level of service would have been hard to improve. They had regular server crashes (due to attacks) and I felt the plugin wasn't up to standard. As a regular MCSG user I personally felt things getting worse - and I was honest and told Chad that "I don't think you know what you're doing". Which I'll openly admit should have been worded differently and I was out of line to say it. I send Chad a DM on Twitter to apologize, but that was blanked - I would have done the same.

So we parted, went our separate ways and thought that was the last of it. Clankstar started working on the new plugin, etc. We threw the odd tweet out with hints as to what we were working on, by this point it wasn't a secret.

Then MCSGv2 was launched. Woo! Yes, finally a really smooth plugin for the MCSG community. I can't critisize it, the level of detail that the developers Moo, Bill and Ava went to makes it a really fantastic code base. However, with the launch, we soon worked out that the word "Hive" was blocked by their chat and replaced with "MCSG" - so "BeeHive" became "BeeMCSG". To answer peoples questions of "Why were you advertising?!" - we weren't. We stumbled across this in response to another players question about what the merge between TIMV and HB was.

We took this censorship maybe a little too seriously, and started doing the odd tweet poking at the fact they felt the need to block it. Some Team Vareide members then started to be removed from VIP on MCSG and banned on teamspeak. Clankstars forum account was completely removed and his IP banned. This started arguments between the two communities, and meme's were made of Chad - which at first started as general humor but quickly turned into personal attacks. These were removed the second we (Ed, Me, Dennis and Youri) found out about them - as that was way too far. Since then, we have taken a complete backseat in the "feud" - which really isn't there.

The Hive Survival Games was never meant to "ruin" MCSGv2. But provide a fun gametype in ADDITION to TheHerobrine and Trouble in Mineville. Both parties have done wrong - which means it's time to let it go.

Hopefully that clears up a lot of stuff. The reason I made this thread was to ask the HiveSG community to not argue with MCSG. You don't have to play one or the other exclusively - just play on what you feel like when you feel like it. I've seen threads on MCSG saying they're leaving for the hive. Please don't do this, it's unneeded attention seeking and just makes everyone involved look bad.

Play MCSG and TheHive. Basically.

I'm sure I missed a load of stuff out, and I'm sure many of you will be surprised to hear we were also huge factors in the argument. But... people move on... and that's what needs to happen. Be nice and hugable.

Xxpsbounty567xX

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
As a lot of you have heard - there has been a fair amount of drama between us (The Hive) and MCSG (MinecraftSurvivalGames.com). So I thought I would put some light on the situation and discuss what has happened, who "hates" who and other boring stuff. So. Let me begin.
When we came up with TheHive concept, we wanted it to be a place for people to play awesome gametypes without the need of searching through different websites and adding different IP's. So naturally we wanted to cover as many bases as we can. This led us to eventually discuss the idea of Survival Games.
Survival Games was a natural choice for us as Vareide is well known for being the "Creator" of the original maps - the maps that made the hugely fun gametype into what it is today. Now, as Clankstar and Dennis were friends with Chad (Owner of MCSG) - we initially thought "Hey! Why don't we try to work with them!". So, we discussed stuff, and eventually we ended up on TeamSpeak with Chad.
We offered to buy MCSG out. Naturally, Chad didn't want to discuss anything at the price we offered, as he rightly believed the community and the service was worth more. We can't disagree with that. After he denied the idea of a buyout, I was quite open and said then we'll most likely be competing. Which understandably made Chad a little upset.
Which moves us onto the next question. Why didn't you guys work together? Well, quite frankly, at the time of the discussion, MCSGv2 wasn't out of the door and their current level of service would have been hard to improve. They had regular server crashes (due to attacks) and I felt the plugin wasn't up to standard. As a regular MCSG user I personally felt things getting worse - and I was honest and told Chad that "I don't think you know what you're doing". Which I'll openly admit should have been worded differently and I was out of line to say it. I send Chad a DM on Twitter to apologize, but that was blanked - I would have done the same.
So we parted, went our separate ways and thought that was the last of it. Clankstar started working on the new plugin, etc. We threw the odd tweet out with hints as to what we were working on, by this point it wasn't a secret.
Then MCSGv2 was launched. Woo! Yes, finally a really smooth plugin for the MCSG community. I can't critisize it, the level of detail that the developers Moo, Bill and Ava went to makes it a really fantastic code base. However, with the launch, we soon worked out that the word "Hive" was blocked by their chat and replaced with "MCSG" - so "BeeHive" became "BeeMCSG". To answer peoples questions of "Why were you advertising?!" - we weren't. We stumbled across this in response to another players question about what the merge between TIMV and HB was.
We took this censorship maybe a little too seriously, and started doing the odd tweet poking at the fact they felt the need to block it. Some Team Vareide members then started to be removed from VIP on MCSG and banned on teamspeak. Clankstars forum account was completely removed and his IP banned. This started arguments between the two communities, and meme's were made of Chad - which at first started as general humor but quickly turned into personal attacks. These were removed the second we (Ed, Me, Dennis and Youri) found out about them - as that was way too far. Since then, we have taken a complete backseat in the "feud" - which really isn't there.
The Hive Survival Games was never meant to "ruin" MCSGv2. But provide a fun gametype in ADDITION to TheHerobrine and Trouble in Mineville. Both parties have done wrong - which means it's time to let it go.
Hopefully that clears up a lot of stuff. The reason I made this thread was to ask the HiveSG community to not argue with MCSG. You don't have to play one or the other exclusively - just play on what you feel like when you feel like it. I've seen threads on MCSG saying they're leaving for the hive. Please don't do this, it's unneeded attention seeking and just makes everyone involved look bad.
I'm sure I missed a load of stuff out, and I'm sure many of you will be surprised to hear we were also huge factors in the argument. But... people move on... and that's what needs to happen. Be nice and hugable.
What does this have to do with anything?

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Okay, I am with the hive on this, but you don't need to go around mcsg and hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci