• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What if...?

How many of these what if questions can you answer?

• Total voters

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok, ok, if you say so. ;) Plus what I mean is what if humanity didn't actually KNOW what science was, and didn't have labs and scientists to discover stuff about the stars, medicine, etc. :)
There's no way for humans to not 'know' what science is without fundamentally changing the human itself and removing our intrinsic curiousity, in which case you're not really dealing with humans anymore.

What you could ask is what would happen if certain scientific advances not been made, e.g. 'What if germ theory had never been postulated?'

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
There's no way for humans to not 'know' what science is without fundamentally changing the human itself and removing our intrinsic curiousity, in which case you're not really dealing with humans anymore.

What you could ask is what would happen if certain scientific advances not been made, e.g. 'What if germ theory had never been postulated?'
I believe he's saying what if humans didn't know about a lot of the things we do today like how to treat sicknesses and astronomy.

Dovgan2000

Survivor
Reaction score
1. My fav. Movie is the Star Wars saga so if that becam real I would probably go apply for a job as a stormtrooper
2. If the internet didn't exist I would call chuck norris and he would invent it for me.
3. My plan in the hunger games would be, to find a rod and find a sword. And after that check the reality of the minecraft fishing rod + sword combo xD. And I'm pretty sure I'd have good ping so umm yeah xD.
4. Science always exists. The first people from the stoneage knew science. For them making fire and weapons was science.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe he's saying what if humans didn't know about a lot of the things we do today like how to treat sicknesses and astronomy.
Well that's a vague, unanswerable question. Those 2 things have both been practised for millennia.

RedMarzBarz_

Career
Reaction score
I know some of you may have misunderstood me, and that was my mistake, which I apologize for. I will edit this thread, making it better in spelling, grammar and easier to understand. Thank you all.

Last edited:

Cracked_Diamond

Platinum
Reaction score

You sound VERY smart xD

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
1. Your favourite anime/cartoon/movie/ became real?
My favorite anime has a player limit of 10,000, and I think the players were all Japanese. Therefore, I would not be majorly affected except for the change in the way that people view video games.

2. The internet didn't exist?
I would probably have a job.

3. The Hunger Games became real?
I'm a very slimly-built person. If I were in a not-so well-off district, I probably wouldn't survive easily because of my build. But in a decently wealthy district, I would most likely be fine. My family is very adventurous and creative, so we would probably discuss what would happen if we were chosen as tributes. On the very slim chance that I was, I wouldn't be a career. Rather, I would most likely stay on my own, with at most two or so allies. I'd pick the way that I thought was the best for me to survive, rather than what I thought was morally correct such as not killing anyone.

4. What if humanity never knew what science was and didn't know how to make medicine, didn't know about astronomy, etc.
Well, then, you wouldn't be asking this question. :p
Odds are, some of us wouldn't be alive to this day. Health standards would be lower, and life expectancy wouldn't be as high. Mathematics would be far less advanced, possibly even limited to counting on fingers.

I'm very thankful that these are all hypothetical questions, and are not a reality. #1 aside, #2-#4 would mean drastic changes from the way things are now, and a much lower quality-of-life standard.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. I would be attending my fourth (I think) year at Hogwarts in precisely two months.

2. I would play a lot more basketball.

3. I would simply live in the Capitol. Ha.

4. Without the advanced sciences and the internet combined, society would be the same as it was in the 1700s. However that's not very realistic because as humans were constantly advancing. But I know what you mean ;)

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
1. We'd all be in the Star Wars galaxy. I have no clue what any of us would be doing there.
2. We wouldn't be at the technical state we're at now. We'd be less advanced and it'd probably be a somewhat more advanced than before the Internet, though lacking in the wide variety of people that are able to have all sorts of knowledge and skills from the Internet.
3. Life would be nice or suck depending on where you were, then it would suck for everyone, then who knows, as there are no more books.
4. Depends on if you're talking about advanced science or anything scientific at all. If we were devoid of anything scientific, we would probably not be around as a species, or be savage animals with above average strategy but little application for that intelligence.

jonnysurvives, if you're gonna turn this thread which was intended for fun into a flame war, please leave now. I know some of you may have misunderstood me, and that was my mistake, which I apologize for. I will edit this thread, making it better in spelling, grammar and easier to understand. Thank you all.
He's not making a flame war. He's making the true statement that without science, we are nothing more than another kind of animal. Societies would not be able to form without things like fire, tools, agriculture, etc.

Last edited:

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just really bored so I decided to post this thread to ask you guys: What if? How many of these what if questions can you answer? :p
What if...
1. Your favourite anime/cartoon/movie/ became real?
2. The internet didn't exist?
3. The Hunger Games became real?
4. What if humanity never knew what science was and didn't know how to make medicine, didn't know about astronomy, etc.
See how many of these you can respond to, and please, nothing inappropriate. Try answering with a couple of sentences, so the replies don't get too long. ;) Good luck all!
1. I'd be living in a pineapple under the sea.
2. I'd be a lot smarter.
3. I'd team with the baccas.
4. Uh, not fail science class?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci