• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What's happened to the Malaysia Airlines flight?

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
The plane is not downed, as I stated in my post. Had it crashed, the smoke would have been a beacon to all search and rescue efforts that are combing the area saying 'HEY LOOK AT ME IM HERE". The plane is likely intact somewhere. And it is not in the ocean, if it were, the black box would have started emitting a signal to be tracked when it came into contact with water.

Toe

District 13
Reaction score
But what if that "debree" were there unwanted cargo, AKA dead passengers :eek:

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Plot Twist: Malaysia Flight 370 is actually just a real-life version of LOST.

I truthfully don't really know what to make of this scenario, but I'd like to put my two cents on certain perspectives:
1. The possibility of mechanical failure is relatively high. There are always stories about aircraft mechanics slacking off or planes being held together with duct tape, and I have no doubt that such moves occur equally- if not more- often in countries like Malaysia, where government regulation is lax compared to the Western world whilst corporate cheap-skating is on par with us. Airports are notoriously overburdened as demand for travel is pushed by increasing globalization, so it's often hard for airlines to justify taking time for full maintenance or to purchase costly repairs and new planes. As such, I suspect that mechanical failure likely had a role to play in this instance.

2. Terrorism is unlikely. Terrorists, by definition, are politically motivated. And in order to achieve their political goals, they need as much attention drawn to them as possible. After every major terror attack (such as 9/11, the London metro bombings, the Mumbai attacks, and the Russian metro bombings) is usually an announcement by a terrorist group, claiming responsibility for the attacks in order to make their message clear. But then why, after several days and major news coverage, has no one seriously claimed responsibility for this disaster which put hundreds of lives at risk? For that reason I don't believe that this was an act of terrorism.

3. Act of crime is possible, but unlikely. Related to the above, what if the plane was hijacked for criminal reasons, most likely extortion from families of the passengers. It lines up a few more pieces of evidence (like why the black box hasn't pinged out and why the cell phones still work), but the problem I see with this claim is similar to the Terrorist problem above. In order to extort money from your hostages, a criminal group must make an announcement to the public stating that they have hostages and they have demands that must be met. But again, several days have passed with serious media coverage, and no such claims have been made.

Dunno what happened with this, but I trust the governments and law enforcements of the world to get to the bottom of this. They probably have more information than a bunch of guys over the internet anyways. But for now, Malaysia Flight 370 is going down in history as the world's most recent urban legend.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score

I truthfully don't really know what to make of this scenario, but I'd like to put my two cents on certain perspectives:
1. The possibility of mechanical failure is relatively high. There are always stories about aircraft mechanics slacking off or planes being held together with duct tape, and I have no doubt that such moves occur equally- if not more- often in countries like Malaysia, where government regulation is lax compared to the Western world whilst corporate cheap-skating is on par with us. Airports are notoriously overburdened as demand for travel is pushed by increasing globalization, so it's often hard for airlines to justify taking time for full maintenance or to purchase costly repairs and new planes. As such, I suspect that mechanical failure likely had a role to play in this instance.

2. Terrorism is unlikely. Terrorists, by definition, are politically motivated. And in order to achieve their political goals, they need as much attention drawn to them as possible. After every major terror attack (such as 9/11, the London metro bombings, the Mumbai attacks, and the Russian metro bombings) is usually an announcement by a terrorist group, claiming responsibility for the attacks in order to make their message clear. But then why, after several days and major news coverage, has no one seriously claimed responsibility for this disaster which put hundreds of lives at risk? For that reason I don't believe that this was an act of terrorism.

3. Act of crime is possible, but unlikely. Related to the above, what if the plane was hijacked for criminal reasons, most likely extortion from families of the passengers. It lines up a few more pieces of evidence (like why the black box hasn't pinged out and why the cell phones still work), but the problem I see with this claim is similar to the Terrorist problem above. In order to extort money from your hostages, a criminal group must make an announcement to the public stating that they have hostages and they have demands that must be met. But again, several days have passed with serious media coverage, and no such claims have been made.

Dunno what happened with this, but I trust the governments and law enforcements of the world to get to the bottom of this. They probably have more information than a bunch of guys over the internet anyways. But for now, Malaysia Flight 370 is going down in history as the world's most recent urban legend.
Well-Written ;) cannot expect anything less from you! <3

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Actuallyyyyy...
today they suspected that it could be piracy and that it was hijacked but landed elsewhere ;-;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci