• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why so much hate on Survival Games 5!?

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
This

From just reading the threads title I came prepared to give a long-heated post. I was pleasantly surprised by this though. You hit the nail on the head.
Yeah, it's annoying when 90% of people in a lobby are like "omg nooo!!!!1!!1 not sg5!!!! skip skip!!!!1!" and I'm like "WHY!? IT JUST CAME OUT!"
Thanks.

I like that I have won 3 games (out of 3 :p) on it without having a specific route, which means it's not hard to find chests and easy to find your way around, but I don't find the map to be particularly interesting.
Yeah! I went into SinglePlayer and made myself a route. (About 6 - 8 chests) and right after, went onto the servers. The first time I tried it with my route, I won. (The last two in deathmatch jumped into the death pit. o_O)

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
Sg has good potential. Add some teir 2's and I'll like it more. But right now I love it

I agree, but without tier 2's, you can have some pretty brutal fights, with just stone sword and leather armor. (Unless you went for corn and got iron armor) After refill, that's when you can start picking the others off one by one.

Llahud

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, this is how it seems to work everytime. Exactly the same happened with sg4 when we first released it. People play it because its new, they don't know where anything is, or where to go, so obviously they end up getting killed. After that, they suddenly decide they hate the map, just for the simple reason they cant win on it. Then in the lobby they'll spam 'SKIP FOR BREEZE ISLAND, GOOD MAP NO LAG'... Does the majority of this community not get bored of playing the same map, over and over and over? Ever since sg4 was released, the only two maps i'll ever really play are sg4 and Breeze Island. Plus, being a builder of the map (built corn) and hearing people hate on our map already, it had only been released for about an hour for gods sakes, I found extremely disrespectful and ungrateful. We put hard work into these maps, and to see people just complain about little things like 'We struggle to run in the snow' well, really annoys me and the whole of TeamVareide. People in the lobby say how bad we are at building, and how all our maps are woeful, and its beggining to wear thin now. Man, I love the forum community of MCSG, but the majority of players in game must be arrogant 10 year olds. I'm sorry if I sound harsh or mean, but I guess you could say I'm kind of angry at the moment! :p
-Llama!

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Well, this is how it seems to work everytime. Exactly the same happened with sg4 when we first released it. People play it because its new, they don't know where anything is, or where to go, so obviously they end up getting killed. After that, they suddenly decide they hate the map, just for the simple reason they cant win on it. Then in the lobby they'll spam 'SKIP FOR BREEZE ISLAND, GOOD MAP NO LAG'... Does the majority of this community not get bored of playing the same map, over and over and over? Ever since sg4 was released, the only two maps i'll ever really play are sg4 and Breeze Island. Plus, being a builder of the map (built corn) and hearing people hate on our map already, it had only been released for about an hour for gods sakes, I found extremely disrespectful and ungrateful. We put hard work into these maps, and to see people just complain about little things like 'We struggle to run in the snow' well, really annoys me and the whole of TeamVareide. People in the lobby say how bad we are at building, and how all our maps are woeful, and its beggining to wear thin now. Man, I love the forum community of MCSG, but the majority of players in game must be arrogant 10 year olds. I'm sorry if I sound harsh or mean, but I guess you could say I'm kind of angry at the moment! :p
-Llama!
Trust me, the veterans and staff agree with you here. :p

Frostyyy

Tribute
Reaction score
-Llama!
^Well the way I see it, people are approaching the game the wrong way.
They're playing for the killing. They want to gear up ASAP and slaughter as many people as they can. They don't care about the adventure of hunting for supplies, the psychological aspect of everyone trying to hunt you, the sheer value in being the "last one standing". And the more unfamiliar a map is, the more likely those feelings can be evoked. It's what I loved about the servers when I started playing on them, when all we had were SG1 and SG2
Nope. If they don't know how to be decked out in full iron and a diamond sword within the first five minutes, the map is worthless and should be skipped instantly.

XxGagaxX

District 13
Reaction score
Before 100 quote LlaHud,
All the cool kids love it.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Survival Games 5 is an amazing map. The bridge is highly detailed, the statue of liberty is interesting and unique as well as the theme of the map which nobody had though of yet. I liked the cornucopia building whereas it gives you the option of risking it and dropping in or scaling down the steep snow outside the large building windows because it is very, very unique and hasn't been done before as successfully.

There are some interesting traps, I know because I've been stupid enough to step on that tripwire blocking my way off and flooding in lava, or activating that fall trap that confuses you within one of the cornucopia tunnels, it reminds me of Survival Games 3 except more dark and cold which fits the theme.

The only thing that Survival Games 5 lacks is much terraforming, in some areas there is plentiful terraforming but in others it is just low, uninteresting flat snow areas. I much prefered terraforming in Survival Games 1, 2 and 3; it has seemed to have advanced amazingly in Survival Games 3 but became boring and dull in Survival Games 4 and 5. Lag is not an issue for me, even on my poorly built computer it isn't as laggy as many of the other maps so I find that point an excuse. For that "We struggle to run in the snow" statement Llahud, it's probably the most stupid excuse somebody could complain about, the snow isn't soul sand, it's a normal solid block, and I find it a lot more easy due to the fact that you don't need to jump to manoeuver through some raised parts of land due to the half slabs I believe it is.

So far on the map I have played it three times, two of which I have won - losing the very first one due to jumping into cornucopia with a player obtaining a stone sword. At the moment I've already gotten a very great chest route going through many chests, it just seems that all the of hate is due to people literally sucking at the map, not bothering to learn and develop a decent route kinda like what Frostyyy mentioned above, players just in it for the killing aspect and not the survival.

Toast

District 13
Reaction score
I still havnt played because of all the people who hate it

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
i like SG5 i just think the command blocks need to be removed from the map if they are being run on these servers :p

TitanVNz

Spectator
Reaction score
Survival Games 5 is an amazing map. The bridge is highly detailed, the statue of liberty is interesting and unique as well as the theme of the map which nobody had though of yet. I liked the cornucopia building whereas it gives you the option of risking it and dropping in or scaling down the steep snow outside the large building windows because it is very, very unique and hasn't been done before as successfully.

There are some interesting traps, I know because I've been stupid enough to step on that tripwire blocking my way off and flooding in lava, or activating that fall trap that confuses you within one of the cornucopia tunnels, it reminds me of Survival Games 3 except more dark and cold which fits the theme.

The only thing that Survival Games 5 lacks is much terraforming, in some areas there is plentiful terraforming but in others it is just low, uninteresting flat snow areas. I much prefered terraforming in Survival Games 1, 2 and 3; it has seemed to have advanced amazingly in Survival Games 3 but became boring and dull in Survival Games 4 and 5. Lag is not an issue for me, even on my poorly built computer it isn't as laggy as many of the other maps so I find that point an excuse. For that "We struggle to run in the snow" statement Llahud, it's probably the most stupid excuse somebody could complain about, the snow isn't soul sand, it's a normal solid block, and I find it a lot more easy due to the fact that you don't need to jump to manoeuver through some raised parts of land due to the half slabs I believe it is.

So far on the map I have played it three times, two of which I have won - losing the very first one due to jumping into cornucopia with a player obtaining a stone sword. At the moment I've already gotten a very great chest route going through many chests, it just seems that all the of hate is due to people literally sucking at the map, not bothering to learn and develop a decent route kinda like what Frostyyy mentioned above, players just in it for the killing aspect and not the survival.
The area's in the map where the terraforming is very flat and dull is the ocean and there would not be any interesting terrain their.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci