• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why so much hate on Survival Games 5!?

Chezerony

District 13
Reaction score
I completely agree with all the people in this thread. My question is why is it only the smart people that use forums. Also why cant people just stop hating on SG5 I am not good at it yet because I dont have a chest route, I only have two right now, one for SG 1 and on for SG 4 I am not gonna bother for breeze since I hate that map.
well... Smart people and bots. (yeah, I'm taking to you ugg boots and soccer video people!)

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm saying that he map is simply amazing it is just too laggy.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And that is the reason people hate on the map. They are just too arrogant to admit that they wasted their money on a crappy computer. At least I can admit my computer sucks.

TitanVNz

Spectator
Reaction score
We worked this out while making this map, for some unbeknown reason any building which had sign's or entity's in it seemed to drop our computers down 20 fps. That is the reason for your lag, and well I suppose the skyscrapers don't help, but the very last option you could do is stay by the ocean area there will be less lag there and there are still plenty of chests there.

hobo1955

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We worked this out while making this map, for some unbeknown reason any building which had sign's or entity's in it seemed to drop our computers down 20 fps. That is the reason for your lag, and well I suppose the skyscrapers don't help, but the very last option you could do is stay by the ocean area there will be less lag there and there are still plenty of chests there.
Well I'm getting my brothers laptop of him as a Christmas present as he is getting anew one . I'm lad you guys though it out , and yes I stick to the ocean and can get decent fps but it really screws pvp up if I have to run into the city.

Hudderguy

Spectator
Reaction score
another reason i dont like sg5 is because the snow makes you glitch around, its horrible
Thats NCP for you, I hate it and pretty much everyone else does and those of you complaining about lagg, please take in to account the map has only been out for 3 days. We started building the actual map 4-5 days before it came it out we understand there are a few bugs. Every single sg map gets hate and it is something we have grown used to but just simple lagg complaints that are out of our reach are seriously pointless and annoying. We will do as much as we can to reduce lagg but think about the other possibilites that could be causing it rather than the map itself. Things such as NCP which chad commented himself stating that this could cause lagg. It's a common thing team vareide see every sg map they make and it always goes the same:

• People complain about lagg and whine and moan for the first week
  • Start comparing it to previous maps that got just about as much hate
  • Life goes on.
This post isn't directed at anyone in particular, I'm just sick of seeing the same pointless messages over and over

scorpion252

Spectator
Reaction score
the reason i dislike it is for me because it doesnt work. it crashes with a javaw.exe error. something about data not being able to be written

Raycu

Survivor
Reaction score
the reason i dislike it is for me because it doesnt work. it crashes with a javaw.exe error. something about data not being able to be written
Just use optifine then, I think it might fix that error.

scorpion252

Spectator
Reaction score
Just use optifine then, I think it might fix that error.
my computer wont let me download anything o_O like i dont understand it. i download. it never shows up in download box. it dissappears.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
I understand you. Off there are gonna be people who never consider how much work team variede put into this beautiful map. I don't vote for it simply because it lags too much , although I'd LOVE to play it properly , I just can't. Just a tip , I'm not dissing team v or anything but you guys seriously need to take into account that 70 percent of the MCSG community can't run large , world edited maps , therefore you should've expected that people would hate on it. Survival games 4 is the perfect balance for an urban map , not over the top like map 2 and 5. When your working on survival games 6 remember that gameplay is key , although giant structures are purely amazing, sometimes the simple little details make all the difference. The reason breeze is voted for is because it isn't laggy and is fun to play , though on the larger city maps it all comes down to your computer specs , not your skill. Keep up the good work but remember that not everyone can afford gaming rigs. Good luck for survival games 6! Also survival games 3 is my favourite map because 1:it doesn't lag and 2: it looks simply AMAZING without the giant things
Remember that lag doesn't take up the entirety of gameplay. Gameplay is just as much the flow of the game when you're not experiencing lag. Vareide mapmakers put time and effort into making sure gameplay runs smoothly, and the map is fun to play. Imagine SG5 without lag for a second.

It would probably be the best map so far in terms of overall gameplay, no? This is proof that Team Vareide made an amazing map with gameplay 100% in mind. Now, I'm running on a two year old Toshiba laptop, so don't think I have some high-tech gaming computer and have no idea what you're talking about, I'm just looking at all the possibilities and potential in SG5, and I'm seeing a lot.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci