• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your Parents

Do you think you respect your parents?

• Yes.

Votes: 36 70.6%
  • No.

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • I'm not sure.

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

ElitePvPGodz

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't respect my parents anymore. I'm in all A student in school great athlete and all of a sudden they just limit my video games to 3 hours on the weekends. I've never been allowed to play on weekdays and now the 2 days I have I only get 3 hours. The one thing I like. But I'm not allowed to go anywhere. Wasted my money donating on many servers cause they don't even let me play so now I don't respect them at all and don't care. They than ground me for every little thing now, grounded 1 month for not finishing my dinner. I get grounded half a year if I get a B in school. I can't respect them when they don't let me have any fun and want me to suffer boredom and hate. I haven't had fun in months

undercoverhail

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't respect my parents anymore. I'm in all A student in school great athlete and all of a sudden they just limit my video games to 3 hours on the weekends. I've never been allowed to play on weekdays and now the 2 days I have I only get 3 hours. The one thing I like. But I'm not allowed to go anywhere. Wasted my money donating on many servers cause they don't even let me play so now I don't respect them at all and don't care. They than ground me for every little thing now, grounded 1 month for not finishing my dinner. I get grounded half a year if I get a B in school. I can't respect them when they don't let me have any fun and want me to suffer boredom and hate. I haven't had fun in months
I had a situation just like that last year. I took an optional class for advanced math and had a B and my mother flipped out and told me that if it wasn't for Minecraft a would have an A which was completely false because that class was hell for me and my teacher didn't teach me anything that stuck. They took away my computer for about a month and I was devastated the times I wanted to talk to friends was impossible because not only did they take my computer they took my iPod and any other internet device I had. After that my relationship with my parents (mostly my mother because I knew for a fact she was behind it all) spiraled downwards. She assumed that the way I treated her meant there was something wrong with me and took me to the doctors (one of my biggest fears may I add). They told me I had depression even though I wasn't even sad I was just sad with my home life and what it had came to. They made me see a therapist one thing that I hate even more than I hated doctors and it gave me anxiety every single time I had to walk through that door. I can't highlight every single reason of what has happened and everything that has happened with my relationship with my mother. I wouldn't call it complicated but you'd have to be me to understand exactly where I'm coming from when I do the things I do.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I had a situation just like that last year. I took an optional class for advanced math and had a B and my mother flipped out and told me that if it wasn't for Minecraft a would have an A which was completely false because that class was hell for me and my teacher didn't teach me anything that stuck. They took away my computer for about a month and I was devastated the times I wanted to talk to friends was impossible because not only did they take my computer they took my iPod and any other internet device I had. After that my relationship with my parents (mostly my mother because I knew for a fact she was behind it all) spiraled downwards. She assumed that the way I treated her meant there was something wrong with me and took me to the doctors (one of my biggest fears may I add). They told me I had depression even though I wasn't even sad I was just sad with my home life and what it had came to. They made me see a therapist one thing that I hate even more than I hated doctors and it gave me anxiety every single time I had to walk through that door. I can't highlight every single reason of what has happened and everything that has happened with my relationship with my mother. I wouldn't call it complicated but you'd have to be me to understand exactly where I'm coming from when I do the things I do.
;-;
now im sad ;0

Scaredy

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree with this thread on certain terms, say your parents beat you and locked you in your room with no heating or food and when they let you out they mentally and physically abuse you this would be okay, other than that this works for me...

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree with this thread on certain terms, say your parents beat you and locked you in your room with no heating or food and when they let you out they mentally and physically abuse you this would be okay, other than that this works for me...
I did include a part about Child Abuse and how that if that is happening then they have no right to have your respect. But I totally agree with what you say here.

Cyron

Survivor
Reaction score
Giggity69Goo, I totally agree with what you just said. Man you took the guts to write about it and thats quite impressive. I just want to point out that you did an excellent job of explaining about "Parents". Now people are going to realize what they have done and they are going to think about what they've done in the past that made them do something wrong towards their parents. When I first read this I did somewhat cry a little bit of a tear, because it makes me very sad, mad & depressing for me to think about what I've done in the past and shouldn't have done. For example playing video games and having no friends, except "internet friends" which are really not your friends to back you up.

Thanks dude

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Giggity69Goo, I totally agree with what you just said. Man you took the guts to write about it and thats quite impressive. I just want to point out that you did an excellent job of explaining about "Parents". Now people are going to realize what they have done and they are going to think about what they've done in the past that made them do something wrong towards their parents. When I first read this I did somewhat cry a little bit of a tear, because it makes me very sad, mad & depressing for me to think about what I've done in the past and shouldn't have done. For example playing video games and having no friends, except "internet friends" which are really not your friends to back you up.

Thanks dude

Glad this meant a lot to you

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but this thread is absolutely descriptive that kids need to respect their parents. I have had the same issues as a teenager a while ago and I really regret it after reading this. It hit me hard.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but this thread is absolutely descriptive that kids need to respect their parents. I have had the same issues as a teenager a while ago and I really regret it after reading this. It hit me hard.
I'm glad I was able to put that in perspective for you. But don't think it's too late to apologize for them if you thought you acted that way. Just give them a call or just tell them face to face that you love them and you truly apologize for what you did back in the days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci