• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A victim's tale of bullying

Do you see bullying happen in schools? If so, on what scale, and how closely affected are you?

• Total voters

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
I am actually quite fortunate living in New Zealand. There is almost no bullying, and from what I have seen at my school it doesn't take place. (Sure there are a few scraps now and then but nothing really repetitive and serious :p)

This is also coming from a high school with over 1600 students where the races are diverse and multicultural.
Like in previous statements in the threads, there are of course groups at my school, but these groups more then other just hang out or play sports at lunch and are generally really nice people. The only real case of any sort of minor bullying is when the older kids take the piss out of the year 9's. (The new guys.)

Although are school REALLY does have a no bullying policy, because if someone does get caught they get sent straight to the headmaster and are put in front of the board who decide to expel them or give them a second chance. This DOES actually happen as I have heard stories from past years, but have never encountered anyone in this situation.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm really lucky to be the guy that the football players ask to do their homework and the football players rolled into one.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Mooclan, I would gladly assure you, that you are absolutely not alone within situations that occur like this. From the American school system, to even British, Asian, bullying occurs globally, so many situations are unfortunately similar to others, and from my perspective, this is what it is was like for me...

It had began, all the way ever since I have migrated to the country I live in today, I was an outcast, however I never knew how fortunate I was to reside my education within an internationally private school, which mildly follows a British curriculum. However, that was true irony to have the unfortunate epiphany to knowing that international schools don't show diversity in a bright, optimistic attitude, but in a much more worse, and disagreeable environment. It was hostile, a toxic waste filled with hatred, loathsome individuals who stop at nothing to block your path of your lifestyle.

Primary school felt like a memory to which I begged to forget every single day, the corruption that occurred among children, teachers, and me had never been more deceiving. People have come up with the silliest of excuses to call you names, to hurt you in a painful manner, physically and mentally. A time to which I have recalled was when I was in an average, decent friendship between a decent fellow, and have asked him if I may view a new gameboy he had recently purchased, however, his older cousin that had resided within the same class as my older brother, misinterpreted me seeming like a bully, forcing his younger cousin to view the gameboy, it was indeed a misconception. Unfortunately his actions were not as expected. I recall the few maneuvers he had struck upon me, a swift punch to the neck, fortunately it was light so no severe damages had happened, a good kick to the shin, and a punch, or so I should say a shove that made me fall to the ground. A vast amount of students, parents, and teachers have seen this incident that had occurred within the playground. And with rage, I attempted to get back up and fight back, but unfortunately for such a nimble and weak body I had, I was unable to even take the slightest bit of satisfaction of revenge.

I do not recall that "Cousin" to have even been let off with a warning, most probably has given an excuse to somehow convince them to be let off. The only advice I have been given from only one teacher was "Simply stay away from your friend's cousin.". I was devastated knowing that a zero tolerance violence school would let someone off so simple and effortlessly, and the advice provided had not helped either, as he had come up to me, how will I be able to even prevent such things from occurring in the future? As he can easily outrun me and can easily follow me to places I go, of course it would be difficult to get away from him. Fortunately for me that he had only done what he had done out of false self-defense.

People loathed me, out of personal decisions I have made, or to what I look like or what my interests were, they were of course, different to theirs, and in a way my personality was not ordinary. And thank goodness that to this day, it isn't. At Christmas of sixth grade, my older sister, (Oldest child in the family) had been diagnosed with leukemia, which basically means... Cancer. It was a tragic devastation to when I have first heard of it, because my sister, she was my protector, she was an adviser to me, I felt as if she were a guardian angel to me, she was my friend. Unfortunately she had to move to England, somewhere in London to get her chemotherapy. And then, I was alone. Despite having to support my mother, and trying to work with my two brothers throughout the whole situation, I felt completely empty, I promised her that I would do my best for her.

I had to resume the remaining months of sixth grade with the dissatisfaction of knowing that my sister had gone off for treatment, many miles away from home, while I had to continue my education within a system to where I am a pinata, an object to where I have to take verbal abuse, physical abuse at rare moments. Regardless of how much I have informed the teachers about it, the only things that would come out was to "Simply ignore them". Or "No one likes a taddle-tale". I was disgusted to what the teachers can do for us, and the next few days, an assembly meeting occurred that mainly revolved around bullying and social status, "You can always come to us". "We will always be there to help". The irony had nearly made me barf out bitter hatred, and the knife piercing knowledge that it was complete, and utter hypocrisy. You thought I was gonna say bull's excretion, didn't you? xP

A situation had also happened to where I snapped, however this wasn't my first time. I went as far to kicking someone in the face for knowing all they have done to me, the satisfaction felt sweet at the moment. However that had not lasted and I had to spend the whole day within the headmaster's office of primary, discussing the whole situation and even calling my parents about it. It felt awful in a way, I was infamous. I was miraculously lucky enough to be let off, it was not easy, it was out of self protection, and among the headmaster, my parents and my siblings, we have agreed upon the fault of the individual to whom I have physically assaulted. Heck, my sister, and her friends were somewhat proud of me for doing that. However, it hadn't made me feel better.

Seventh grade had come around eventually, however the matters have gotten worse. Much worse. However, I was fortunate enough to have made a friend since then, she had her issues with people as well, we had shared a common factor to which we would always talk about, and have helped each other out too.

I was grouped up on, people had continued teasing, threatening, and treating me like garbage. I have even had this certain tic, to which caused me to make croaked noises of a frog, people had kept imitating the noise, they have continued to make sure I live in a hell. They hadn't the common courtesy to realize what damage they are causing to one person, every single night I considered unspeakable things and had wished I could have taken action upon on. They had made racial slurs to where I came from, they have even went as far to making references to believing that I have a different orientation of interests. *Ahem*. I have even discussed this with my friend, and then she had snapped, knowing that the culprit deserved some sort of justice. But I wished I could travel back in time to prevent it. I wished I traveled back in time to never have discussed this, she had physically assaulted him to which was upon my responsibility. And to this day I regret, yet am absolutely satisfied. She had an excellent reputation but because of me I have ruined it, but because of her, I felt satisfied that he had gotten a little taste of the pain he had been giving me. As a sociopath would say, he hadn't got enough. I'm weird. Really weird. .-.

But I still have full regrets towards it, however all was good, the next year she had voluntarily decided to study at home from now on and not go to the school we had been going to. She had now began working in the field of art, and I have to admit, they were incredible. And hence she has a bright future ahead of her, with or without me.

And today, after coming home from school, once again being the laughing stock because of my enormous weight, and my worryingly large behind. Once again discriminated for false orientation, S*xual orientation. Ahem. Despite clearly stating that it is not true, and that I believe otherwise, despite living within a country to where that false orientation people believed I was interested in was frowned upon, they believed dumb, silly rumors. I have gotten in trouble while taking another language lesson with a class filled with baboons and maniacs. Yet again, I too am a maniac. My phone being taken without my consent, hence them believing that it doesn't matter. Not caring about the difference between right and wrong.

My personality, in a way is psychopathic, I chat to myself, I sing to myself and make awkward noises, which truly indicates how damaged I feel. Unfortunately no one acknowledged it, I despise my educational system with a passion, despite how decently they provide their education, the environment is hostile, it is a toxic waste to where I have to suffer almost every day. Why must I be afraid of monsters under my bed, when I go to school with them every day? Why must I be afraid of getting more unnecessary criticism when I already established my suffering, and settled down?

The educational system, regardless of what it is, can sometimes be hellish, and throughout a vast amount of comments I have seen, I know that people here are very fortunate to be within a community that cares for its people. And truly I am fortunate to be within this wonderful community, despite me being "Anti-social" Or always "Introverted". Why bother living in a world where you can only see the bad, when you can meet real and decent people here?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
*cough cough* refer to profile post

Thank you so much for that post c:

I've experienced similar things - From what you're said, it's probably not to that exact extent, but I've actually had several experiences similar to yours.
During my last two years of Elementary school (I moved into the country from Canada in 4th grade), I was the class laughingstock, you could say. People literally made a game out of trying to make me laugh. The rules? They weren't allowed to touch me physically in any way, but almost anything else was acceptable. The teachers never stopped it, despite my pleas.

I've been called "gay" too many times to count.... I have nothing against homosexuals or people of an "unusual sexual orientation", but in this day and age the term "gay" is practically synonymous with "retard" and "fabulous person", two other terms which have come to be commonly used as insults, despite originally meaning something else.
And no, I'm as straight as a brand new pencil.

People made fun of my last name.
My father was born and raised in a Muslim country, so his last name is 'Ahmed'. Despite me being raised as a Christian, that was my last name, unfortunately. This caused me to be subject to many hours of annoyance, and three particularly memorable and hated bullies would tease me, calling me "Alexander Almond", as in the nut:

And their tone of voice was nothing but condescending and cruel. Eventually, those three were the first people that I ever fought in middle school. To this day, I don't regret leaving their sorry butts on the side of the highway.

It was only about three weeks ago that my mom finally got a legal divorce (We haven't seen my dad in almost two years. It's a long story.) and was able to legally get my last name changed to my mother's maiden name. It's still strongly associated with a different culture than the one I live in, but it's still an improvement in my opinion, considering America's current view on Muslims, with all the terrorism stuff going on in the past decade or two.

^^^And that's only in elementary and middle school. I don't even wanna talk about highschool..

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I've experienced similar things - From what you're said, it's probably not to that exact extent, but I've actually had several experiences similar to yours.
During my last two years of Elementary school (I moved into the country from Canada in 4th grade), I was the class laughingstock, you could say. People literally made a game out of trying to make me laugh. The rules? They weren't allowed to touch me physically in any way, but almost anything else was acceptable. The teachers never stopped it, despite my pleas.

I've been called "gay" too many times to count.... I have nothing against homosexuals or people of an "unusual sexual orientation", but in this day and age the term "gay" is practically synonymous with "retard" and "fabulous person", two other terms which have come to be commonly used as insults, despite originally meaning something else.

My father was born and raised in a Muslim country, so his last name is 'Ahmed'. Despite me being raised as a Christian, that was my last name, unfortunately. This caused me to be subject to many hours of annoyance, and three particularly memorable and hated bullies would tease me, calling me "Alexander Almond", as in the nut:

And their tone of voice was nothing but condescending and cruel. Eventually, those three were the first people that I ever fought in middle school. To this day, I don't regret leaving their sorry butts on the side of the highway.

It was only about three weeks ago that my mom finally got a legal divorce (We haven't seen my dad in almost two years. It's a long story.) and was able to legally get my last name changed to my mother's maiden name. It's still strongly associated with a different culture than the one I live in, but it's still an improvement in my opinion, considering America's current view on Muslims, with all the terrorism stuff going on in the past decade or two.

^^^And that's only in elementary and middle school. I don't even wanna talk about highschool..
It is devastating knowing that you had to go through such experiences. I just wish people had a better understanding of the differences between right and wrong, and to this day, I feel damaged. And my migration story was that I was born within a Greek nation, while having migrated to an Arabian country as my father had found job opportunities. But I have never known that living in an international school could leave me this scarred. But we as a community, will be there for you.

And at the same time, I have wished for me to be sad, while the bad get what they deserved, and the good have a better life, you yourself deserve better. And you indeed are one of the best people I have seen in my experiences in MCGamer, including various different people as well. And I'm glad you have given those who have wronged you a good beating. :)

I wish you the best in the future to come, because I know that you deserve it. I just hope that one day all these horrible people finally understand all the disgusting things they have done to us. I wish the best for you, Mooclan. :)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
It is devastating knowing that you had to go through such experiences. I just wish people had a better understanding of the differences between right and wrong, and to this day, I feel damaged. And my migration story was that I was born within a Greek nation, while having migrated to an Arabian country as my father had found job opportunities. But I have never known that living in an international school could leave me this scarred. But we as a community, will be there for you.

And at the same time, I have wished for me to be sad, while the bad get what they deserved, and the good have a better life, you yourself deserve better. And you indeed are one of the best people I have seen in my experiences in MCGamer, including various different people as well. And I'm glad you have given those who have wronged you a good beating. :)

I wish you the best in the future to come, because I know that you deserve it. I just hope that one day all these horrible people finally understand all the disgusting things they have done to us. I wish the best for you, Mooclan. :)
:) Likewise, I certainly hope that your situation improves as well. The atrocities that some people can and do inflict for no logical reason are horrifying.
It reminds me of a horror story that involves the darker side of human nature, The Lottery, by Shirley Jackson.
It's about 7 pages, so feel free to read through it quickly.

E

Ephiza

With me being a muslim, it's quite sad as to what people will do with stereotypes ;-;

Aipom

Career
Reaction score

wait you beat people up????

E

Ephiza

wait you beat people up????
they deserve it. I beat up this kid that was bullying one of my friends so hard, he nearly went to the hospital :eek:. (Teachers didn't get me in trouble, teachers got the bully in trouble XD)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci