• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Catching Fire/Quarter Quell update and lifetime diamond giveaway!

Masked_Llama

Tribute
Reaction score
I haven't really tried out QQ yet, nor have i read much of the comments here, so sorry if these ideas have already been mentioned/ or are already implemented:

1. Random teleport - players within the specified segment are teleported to a random location within the segment OR 2 (or more, up to all) players within the segment would be teleported together, and possibly locked into a mini-deathmatch arena for the duration of the disaster. This could be used towards the end of the game to speed up the normal deathmatch. Various effects could be applied to the players as part of this mini-deathmatch. (e.g. jump boost, strength, weakness, slowness, invisibility, etc...)

2. Paralysis - players within the specified segment would be trapped, unable to move from the block that they are on for the duration of the disaster. (Or have slowness applied to them.) This would be a handicap to them as players in other segments can still continue to progress through the game at the same rate, and hence would acquire better gear faster. (Obviously dependent on what stage of the game this disaster occurs as to how much of a disadvantage it causes.)

3. Poison fog - like in Catching Fire - starting from the edge of the map and moving towards the centre. The animation could be done through either the TNT animation or void fog. If a player was caught in it, various potion effects could be applied to them (i.e. poison, nausea, hunger, instant damage, blindness, etc) OR they would be given a certain time (maybe 15 seconds) in which to get into water, (like in the movie) then, if they didn't make it to the water, would have the effect applied to them. (Or simply instant death.)

4. Simply have a Wither or 2 spawned in (maybe with some wither skeletons) - That's enough of a disaster in itself...

TL;DR - Bad stuff happens

Sean

District 13
Reaction score
If you could implement some of the super secret setting, that if you were in that area your vision would change to one of the blurry ones I don't know if this would be possible though.

Trevor

Career
Reaction score
When the players walks into the disaster they experience things from the 1.7 super secret settings that put them at a disadvantage. (Upside down, Everything changing colors, blurry vision, etc) Some of these can cause FPS lag but some don't.

jonaslah

Spectator
Reaction score
The Nether Portal Effect! It's pretty bad for one minute :D Imagine a fight with another Player with that view :D

Darby100

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If it is possible, you could have blocks that propel you upwards when stepped on. Fall damage should be something like 2-4 hearts, not enough to kill you, but enough to put you on guard. You should somehow be able to distinguish from the trapped blocks, but not something too obvious. I can't think of any blocks that are similar, will edit it when I find a pair.

I haven't played it more than once, but if there aren't witches implemented, I suggest them. Or even better, witches (or skeletons) riding bats. That way they will be much harder to evade, and much freakier.

Baby Pigmen/Zombies riding invisible Ghasts. The babies distract the player, then the Ghast shoot unexpectedly, causing damage. Could even be squids, horses, baby cows/pigs/sheep. Something distracting.

Zaneee

Platinum
Reaction score
Sort of like the movie, but add in a disaster where rain starts to fall, but when it starts to fall, you gather the blindness and burning effect, sort of like the blood rain disaster, if that hasn't been added already.

Another thought I have is, a disaster where zombies spawn with monkey heads (find a player with a monkey skin/head) and a speed effect, like the movie as well. Unoriginal but creative :3

Now for a creative idea, make cave spiders* spawn in the trees and make them fall down with a cobweb trail spawning behind them, sort of like they are dangling from the branches.
*a slow bleeding effect with little damage

Hope u guys like ^_^

-Numbzy

JackMurawski

Spectator
Reaction score
You should have cobwebs appear everywhere, so being in a chase gives the runner to be able to juke away and the other person will be stuck.

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What about when blazes spawn in random locations throughout the segment and when the fireball hits you it does half a heart damage but the fire continues to burn you out. you would be lucky if you are close to corn where there is water.

Another is, At any given time all players are teleported to spawn in which 5 Wither Skeletons and multiple zombies a waiting for them. You could either help each other out or run.

Thats all I got. playing Quarter Quell for 2 h straight today ;-;

Nebulousity

Career
Reaction score
Something that would be quite cool is if there were to have like Supercharged creepers riding bats around a certain segment this would kind of match the jabber jay segment in the book.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci