• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Mobs or no Mobs?

Mobs or No Mobs? (Please be sure to specify your opinions below)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cory

Tribute
Reaction score
Are the mobs excessive for you? They're not that bad...
Skeletons are snipers or I'd like to call it "They have Aimbot".

Not that are excessive, Just simply saying too meet in the middle, don't disable to mods - Lower the spawn rate.

DeadlyInsane

Spectator
Reaction score
The mobs needs a toning down, both in spawn rate (at least at day) and their difficulty. I voted no, but would change my vote to yes if these changes where made.

The_Great_Tito

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Keep aggressive mobs and passive mobs. Passive mobs can be a source of pork of beef when you are about to starve. And aggressive mobs are a source of arrows, rotten flesh, string. Plus they add a secondary enemy to look out for. They add a sense of danger when going out at night and a general challenge for darker areas.

(ex. Pirateship. Corn on map 1, ETC)

threegreenparks

Spectator
Reaction score
Mobs should definitely stay in the MCSGs, though there are too many. An alternative idea would be to intsall a
plug-in allowing to reduce the amount of mobs to your desire. No mobs also does take away the features of taming wolves, making bows (though there are many in chests ), food from zombies, and food from spiders ( you can eat spider eyes, I know many people don't know that).

Raufal

Tribute
Reaction score
I would beg you to get rid of creepers, i literally died 3x because of them at map 1 when in all of them i had a sure win :( it just makes me not want to play map 1

R

RedSeamonster

In my opinion
(Simply My Opinion)
Enemy Mobs can be very difficult and a huge pain on Map 1. Especially at night and at the boat. Friendly mobs however I'm good with, they're a good source of food, I think it depends, would we only e removing aggressive mobs? Or friendly mobs as well? I'm personally fine with enemy mobs I suppose, as skeletons are good source of arrows, plus I like getting records. : D
I agree with Arena Master to an extent, but I think that mobs on the first map also are helpful in the sense that they speed up what is already kind of a slow map. Mobs on the second map, however, do not seem really necessary and can be removed.

Matt1

Tribute
Reaction score
Keep the mobs! It's very easy to avoid them so I don't see why people are complaining about them.

Alexducky

Survivor
Reaction score
Mobs are a really important part for both food and challenge.

Reaction score
I'm in two minds.. Because yeah they add challenge and a chance at drops.. But I often get screwed over by them XD I'm so sick of being beaten by beasties :( lol

xDavidKimx

Spectator
Reaction score
Im fine with Mobs but, Make the mobs do less damage and spawn less frequently. Because the SURVIVAL games is HARD to get good armor, mobs can kill you SUPER fast. So make them do like half or 1 heart damage if your not wearing any armor

PocketAces

Spectator
Reaction score
So we are getting asked a lot about mobs as the "official" game play is without mobs so you can vs just other players. Our reasons with our servers it adds a huge aspect of survival on top of the hardness of the survival game play. Personally, my opinions would be to keep mobs but I want to hear your opinions. Should we removed mobs or keep them in?
I say no, one because i does add lag and it is just plain stupid when it interferes with PvP. It is also humiliating when you die to a mob.

GhostWolf2

Spectator
Reaction score
I'm all in favor of keeping mobs. They make the game more challenging, and if you feel humiliated dying to a mob, then it is just more motivation to improve. It also makes the sewer routes on map 2 VERY risky, but useful in escape situations as they will often target your pursuer.

The one thing that MUST be fixed with mobs is the spectator bugs with them. I hate having some people I killed get mad and then pull 5-8 spiders and a few Endermen to me. The ability of spectators to push other mobs (rather than actually aggro/attract) is also annoying, as I've had some creepers moved to the only exit of caves before... not a fun surprise. There are a few more spectator bugs with mobs, but I don't want to list them for sake of exploiting by the entire community (I'll PM them to a mod for handling).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci