• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: What if we were to add back exploding podiums?

Would you like if we added exploding podiums into MCSG?

• Yes

Votes: 290 59.4%
  • No

Votes: 198 40.6%

• Total voters

theman356

Tribute
Reaction score
I thought it was a fun idea for the day... Not so much for always. I just like to have a running start. Just my opinion.

Flyer

Roll Tide
Reaction score
If this were to happen I think we might lose quite a few members... So no.

FireBat

Survivor
Reaction score
I would say yes, except what about people who have crap internet? Not me, coz im da best :3 But the lag will cause people to sporint earlier than they should, casuing them to be blown sky-high. So I'm undecided. :p

Alec129

Survivor
Reaction score
Care to explain why?
Becuase you really want to be readly for a good game of sg you forget about this dumb thing and you start to sprint off thepodium to get a nice sprint going and BOOM you fly into the air and die now dont get me wrong it is funny but not really made for sg

Alec129

Survivor
Reaction score
I don't think a single burst of tnt would be enough to launch someone as high as this would. Maybe 4-5, and think about this happening to several people at once.
See now my opinion is that im not worried at all about lag i have a nice pc i am more worried about the silliness of this we don't need this it is pointless and can cause for some major rage

Fnnythe3hd

Platinum
Reaction score
See now my opinion is that im not worried at all about lag i have a nice pc i am more worried about the silliness of this we don't need this it is pointless and can cause for some major rage
I know that I wouldn't have much lag either, but I'm thinking of other people, MCSG should be enjoyable for everyone.
Side note: Your signature is causing my browser a lot of lag, while typing. GG!

Reaction score
Completely and totally yes!

First of all, if anyone remembers the Hunger Games from reading it (Since this is inspired by it) it is stated that if any tribute steps off the pedestal they are blown into the air and die. Wouldn't you like this to be more like the Hunger Games??

Second, there could be a simple warning before the game. I realize there will be new people who probably won't pay attention to it, but that's their own fault.

Third, it would make the game fair. If you don't read the warning, or don't follow the rules of it, that sure sucks for you.

Fourth, hackers could be noticed easily. If they use a sprinting hack at the beginning to get to the cornucopia right away, they will be blown into the air to their death.

And with the issue of landing in water (Such as Breeze Island) If you do get blown into the air, I suggest either you die from impact, or you are unable to move once in the air. Therefore when landing right back onto your spawn point, you are dead.

I wasn't here for April Fools. (I didn't even have the game) But this would make the game so much better, in my opinion.
Besides, it would be funny to see people flying into the air. XD

shoottomaim

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Second, there could be a simple warning before the game. I realize there will be new people who probably won't pay attention to it, but that's their own fault.
Please try to realize that the MCSG community is not fully comprised of English-speaking folks. The general gameplay is widely known as it's pretty straight forward, but having an English message at the beginning of the game would leave people who don't know English to wonder what it means, before getting themselves killed at the beginning of the round.

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
Completely and totally yes!

First of all, if anyone remembers the Hunger Games from reading it (Since this is inspired by it) it is stated that if any tribute steps off the pedestal they are blown into the air and die. Wouldn't you like this to be more like the Hunger Games??

Third, it would make the game fair. If you don't read the warning, or don't follow the rules of it, that sure sucks for you.

Fourth, hackers could be noticed easily. If they use a sprinting hack at the beginning to get to the cornucopia right away, they will be blown into the air to their death.

And with the issue of landing in water (Such as Breeze Island) If you do get blown into the air, I suggest either you die from impact, or you are unable to move once in the air. Therefore when landing right back onto your spawn point, you are dead.

I wasn't here for April Fools. (I didn't even have the game) But this would make the game so much better, in my opinion.
Besides, it would be funny to see people flying into the air. XD
You do have a lot of good points, but I still don't think they should add it. Even though it would be more Book-Like which is what I want, it'd be more annoying to the people who haven't read the book and could care less how alike the Games to the Books are. I do like the whole warning thing before the beginning, but shoottomaim, ;P nice name, has a good reason- Not all people who play US/AU/EU, speak the same lanuage. But I don't think hackers would be noticed as easily as you think, because I always sprint right before the game starts and sometime it practically teleports me to corn because it's slightly laggy. But I don't hack and if I did I wouldn't mention it in a Forum Thread. All the same though, as amusing and fun as it would be, I would have to say no. Also, that last one would be kind of hard to do, considering you freeze a player in mid air when the servers already have some sort of plugin, or I'm assuming they do, that makes it to where people can't fly up in the air with their hacks. But I did play a Games of SG5 and had the best time of my life, because I sprinted off, intending on not playing that round 'cause I sometimes lag out of SG5, but instead landed in the water, grabbed two corn chests, and eventually won the game. I grabbed a diamond, an iron chest, an apple, and a few other things.

Reaction score
And yes, I understand that not everyone speaks English on the servers. ^-^
But wouldn't it be just the same for someone who doesn't know how to speak English gets a warning from a moderator not knowing what it means?

I only play on US Servers, and it is very rarely that I myself will find someone who is speaking a different language. I think I only saw other languages while playing on the EU Servers when I first started.

So I am sorry if you may have taken it the wrong way about language, because I only play on US Servers where the majority speak English.; So I have not had much experience with people of other languages.

And I at one point started sprinting before it was time too, but not lately. Some people don't have the advantage of getting to the corn before others with people sprinting before. (Learned that the hard way)
Especially new players who have no idea how to sprint and that it is such a thing.

So with the exploding podiums it would honestly make it at least a bit more fair so other people have a chance to get the corn items and to win the game.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci