• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
I disagree with one of your last points. People, mostly, play video games for fun, and not because they are traumatised or depressed, or whatever. Some people do do it to get away from school, but that is not exactly having gone through something to make you feel better.

I only ever play MCSG with either irl friends, or solo. Friends are always better irl once you know each other well, and playing a few rounds of a video game with them isn't going to hurt. I, personally, have only played 20 games on MCSG (won 10), and played another 10 on some random server. This is in the course of around 3 weeks. I doubt that you can really call that overplay... I don't have a girlfriend at 14, but that is normal, not everyone starts dating this early on in their life.
srry, i dont believ in dating i dont want grill kooties

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
I do understand the point you are trying to put across.

I used to no-life the forums, not so much ingame but I was pretty much on Minecraft/MCSG everyday. Now that I have other things; like school and homework/Sport commitments I go on Minecraft every now and then. I guess I see the sunlight then?

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Not trying to be an asshole, but I don't think you can really 'love' someone until they became a part of your daily life, and not just through a computer screen. The people I've met in Phoenix are way better friends to me than most people I know in real life. Not sure whether that's bad or not, but regardless, it's how I feel. Fact is, and to my disappoint, I'm probably only going to know these people for a few more years at most. Life goes on. Another thing is, I feel great about these people, but I have no clue how they'd treat me if I knew them in real life; we've stuck together and had a blast, but for all I know, my same friends could be some of the biggest assholes I may know irl. It's really sad to accept, but I think that's just the way it is. The only people I think I may possibly stay in contact with for ages are Phoenix members in Melbourne. One day you're probably going to meet someone who you like, and he's going to have the same feelings. It's times like these that you're forced to make a choice between someone you're with online and a person in the real world. People can be anyone over a computer screen, you need to know who they hang with and what they do in the real world do understand who they are. Without that, you can't 'love' them. I know who it is that you're talking about; what is it about this guy that makes you 'love' him? I can take it to a Skype PM if you think it's too personal, or we can just not go there. Whatever works for you. Also, I really do apologise if that hurts your feelings, but that's my opinion.
How can you actually question my feelings for someone? I know they're real and that's all that really matters. I really don't think I have to go around giving people reasons. I admit I had the same opinion before I met this guy. I didn't think love online, or even a long distance relationship could work but hey, experiences change people, right?

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
How can you actually question my feelings for someone? I know they're real and that's all that really matters. I really don't think I have to go around giving people reasons. I admit I had the same opinion before I met this guy. I didn't think love online, or even a long distance relationship could work but hey, experiences change people, right?
I'm not questioning your feelings for someone, rather, why you feel the way you feel. This is about me doing it for myself so that I can understand your point of view and possibly change my own, kind of like if an atheist were to be asking a Christian about their faith to judge for themselves if they want to convert. And you're definitely right - you don't need to go around and 'give people reasons', but it just means that people such as myself are not going to be able to understand why you believe that. That's all. You can't really expect me to acknowledge that your feelings are 'real' when you haven't explained anything about them, just that 'you know they are'. If you're going to tell people your opinion you should be ready to justify it. Once again, sorry if I did offend you.

Last edited:

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Now for something a bit controversial but something that annoys me. Online relationships...
Unless you can see the person IRL Fairly regularly then just stop. Go outside and get a real girlfriend/ boy friend. It's actually frightening that today's youth would rather get an online girlfriend than go outside into the real world and actually find someone you like. After all what are you going to do have a wedding over Skype?
I must have gotten the wrong message from this post because after reading this, all I thought of was two people getting married over Skype. Do they just kiss the webcams? Anyways, I do agree with the whole post. People take MCSG and and internet way to seriously.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not questioning your feelings for someone, rather, why you feel the way you feel. This is about me doing it for myself so that I can understand your point of view and possibly change my own, kind of like if an atheist were to be asking a Christian about their faith to judge for themselves if they want to convert. And you're definitely right - you don't need to go around and 'give people reasons', but it just means that people such as myself are not going to be able to understand why you believe that. That's all. You can't really expect me to acknowledge that your feelings are 'real' when you haven't explained anything about them, just that 'you know they are'. If you're going to tell people your opinion you should be ready to justify it. Once again, sorry if I did offend you.
I don't know why I feel the way I feel. Love isn't a choice, it happens unexpectedly.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This couldn't be more true. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing wrong with playing video games, but you have to take breaks and do other things with your lives. This is a secondary activity that must come after homework, and spending time with people you know physically. You will live a much healthier and happier life this way. If you can find the correct balance between real activities and video games, you sir deserve a salute c;

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't give a damn. I prefer to spend my life inside playing video games, rather than being outside getting judged by assholes who think gaming is a joke, who then proceed to have 1 week relationships, etc etc. I'm a nerd, so later, they would come and ask me for help on a math problem. Me being the nice guy I am, would lead them to a completely wrong answer, and since they're stupid, they wouldn't realize the answer. Most of my friends in real life actually play video games, and would rather stay inside on a computer learning stuff, instead of going outside and playing a sport.
/rantover

Somewhat related to this, I was talking to my mom in the car, and she and I where talking about pro gaming (My mom is awesome). We landed to the conclusion, yeah, in 20 years pro gaming is going to be as big as football/tennis/volleyball or whatever other sport. Atm, dota 2's TI4 prizepool was over 10 mil if I'm correct. Staying inside on a computer all day>sports, outside.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Don't give a damn. I prefer to spend my life inside playing video games, rather than being outside getting judged by assholes who think gaming is a joke, who then proceed to have 1 week relationships, etc etc. I'm a nerd, so later, they would come and ask me for help on a math problem. Me being the nice guy I am, would lead them to a completely wrong answer, and since they're stupid, they wouldn't realize the answer. Most of my friends in real life actually play video games, and would rather stay inside on a computer learning stuff, instead of going outside and playing a sport.
/rantover

Somewhat related to this, I was talking to my mom in the car, and she and I where talking about pro gaming (My mom is awesome). We landed to the conclusion, yeah, in 20 years pro gaming is going to be as big as football/tennis/volleyball or whatever other sport. Atm, dota 2's TI4 prizepool was over 10 mil if I'm correct. Staying inside on a computer all day>sports, outside.
And I'm sure all you're friends are going to play video games with you all your life. There's no way they'd move on. Then you can all just get cardiovascular heart disease and diabetes together. Fact of the matter is, there's a lot more to life than playing video games lel. You can give the guys in your class the wrong answer to a test, but school is only going to be 18 of your estimated 80 years of life or so. What are you going to do then? These guys are probably going to end up a lot happier than you are if all you intend to do is play games. Not liking sports is fine, and so is playing video games, but you honestly can't expect to spend your life indoors. That in itself is a joke. You only have one shot :0 Go to some other social events. Minecraft, COD, Dota, League or any game that you might play is going to end, you or you're going to get bored of it (or video games in general) and realise that you've literally done nothing but waste years of your life. That's probably the worst feeling you can get. Better that you do it while you're young instead of in your mid-thirties or so.
I don't know why I feel the way I feel. Love isn't a choice, it happens unexpectedly.
Yeah, I get that love isn't a choice. I've had the same feelings, and it can be unexpected. In the end, however, that does happen because of an attraction that you have for the other person. There must be something about this guy that attracts you and supposedly makes you love him. Legit question though, if you did find yourself attracted to someone in real life and they felt the same about you, what would you do in that situation? Do you stick to what you believe is internet true love or go for something in real life? Like you said, love isn't a choice, and it can be unexpected.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
And I'm sure all you're friends are going to play video games with you all your life. There's no way they'd move on. Then you can all just get cardiovascular heart disease and diabetes together. Fact of the matter is, there's a lot more to life than playing video games lel. You can give the guys in your class the wrong answer to a test, but school is only going to be 18 of your estimated 80 years of life or so. What are you going to do then? These guys are probably going to end up a lot happier than you are if all you intend to do is play games. Not liking sports is fine, and so is playing video games, but you honestly can't expect to spend your life indoors. That in itself is a joke. You only have one shot :0 Go to some other social events. Minecraft, COD, Dota, League or any game that you might play is going to end, you or you're going to get bored of it (or video games in general) and realise that you've literally done nothing but waste years of your life. That's probably the worst feeling you can get. Better that you do it while you're young instead of in your mid-thirties or so.

Yeah, I get that love isn't a choice. I've had the same feelings, and it can be unexpected. In the end, however, that does happen because of an attraction that you have for the other person. There must be something about this guy that attracts you and supposedly makes you love him. Legit question though, if you did find yourself attracted to someone in real life and they felt the same about you, what would you do in that situation? Do you stick to what you believe is internet true love or go for something in real life? Like you said, love isn't a choice, and it can be unexpected.
Just saying bro, but I want to become a Computer Hardware Engineer. I know a damn lot about PC's, and I'm sure you do too? Go ahead and call me when the sports industry goes under. Social Events are fairly stupid, just saying.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
shut up man it snows 6 months a year and u can only play hockey for 2.5 of those months (outside) and another 4 months the weather is ass. thats 2 months left. it aint one of those 2 months

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Here I thought was the only one. Friendsies :) <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci