• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Don't let it consume your life.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
shut up man it snows 6 months a year and u can only play hockey for 2.5 of those months (outside) and another 4 months the weather is ass. thats 2 months left. it aint one of those 2 months
dude you live in canda what else is there to say

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah, I get that love isn't a choice. I've had the same feelings, and it can be unexpected. In the end, however, that does happen because of an attraction that you have for the other person. There must be something about this guy that attracts you and supposedly makes you love him. Legit question though, if you did find yourself attracted to someone in real life and they felt the same about you, what would you do in that situation? Do you stick to what you believe is internet true love or go for something in real life? Like you said, love isn't a choice, and it can be unexpected.
It's been a year and 6 months. so I honestly doubt I'd be able to develop feelings for anyone else. You need to realise that this isn't an "internet" relationship anymore. We try to see each other every 3 or so months and I definitely wouldn't pick an "irl" relationship over this one. Sure, it would be nice if he lived closer but there's not much we can do about it till I'm an adult.

S

Sepyz

Humanity is growing in a direction where there will soon be little "outside" to cherish.
I advise everyone to enjoy what's left while it's still here.
However, if you'd like to waste your life on a video game, that's perfectly fine too.

I'm not opposed to online dating, and there's nothing at all wrong with it in my opinion.
Many people, however, who fall in "love" are involved with online dating, and that's not just an issue over the internet.
Socially active people and the majority of the people in this community aren't that much different.
We're all humans, and we're all after the basic human needs.

The internet, especially in such a diverse, connected community, is a beautiful place. There should be no limit to it's use, as it's merely an extension to the "real world", which also includes the internet.
Going back to the "good old days" is simply being reminiscent of the past, which is normal, to an extent.
It's better to adapt to the modern world than to wish for change.

No clue where I was going with this. I'm tired. Goodnight.

Zhyche

Survivor
Reaction score
Now for something a bit controversial but something that annoys me. Online relationships...Unless you can see the person IRL Fairly regularly then just stop. Go outside and get a real girlfriend/ boy friend. It's actually frightening that today's youth would rather get an online girlfriend than go outside into the real world and actually find someone you like. After all what are you going to do have a wedding over Skype?
What if you truly love the person you are with, as I have now been in a relationship with a girl I've known for about 8 months. We've been through some stuff, and I truly love her. There is quite a difference in distance irl, so meeting each other is difficult. But we skype daily, I don't understand why you have a problem with someone elses love/life choices. Currently, I wouldn't pick any irl girl over the girl I have now. And, the girl I love has health problems right now, so lets just say her life expectancy isn't long. I hope to spend everyday she has left talking to her, and I hope one day I can meet her. I agreed with the thread until you got to internet dating, if someone is just as happy with someone online, or more happy, then they would be with someone irl, why stop them?

Teku3O

Career
Reaction score
U can lol
Depends how sad you are
And also, no, you cant.
Infatuation, maybe
Love, no.
You only experience real love around the age of twenty, the reason being is because that is the age the biological body is read to mate and develop a home. All the stuff you feel when you're a teen is just a set of chemical reactions which make you overly obsessed with another person. (Called infatuation)
I just wish I could explain all my knowledge to everyone on this thread right now and its really getting to me that I cant and people are making misconceptions on their posts so I'm out or I'll be here all day.

Last edited:

Rexmanx

Platinum
Reaction score
Depends how sad you are
And also, no, you cant.
Infatuation, maybe
Love, no.
You only experience real love around the age of twenty, the reason being is because that is the age the biological body is read to mate and develop a home. All the stuff you feel when you're a teen is just a set of chemical reactions which make you overly obsessed with another person. (Called infatuation)
I just wish I could explain all my knowledge to everyone on this thread right now and its really getting to me that I cant and people are making misconceptions on their posts so I'm out or I'll be here all day.
I never said i have a relationship over the internet... I wish i could tell you something but i cant:/

RealHazza

Diamond
Reaction score
I agree, and I disagree, although a lot of us spend a lot of time indoors playing Minecraft or other game, a lot of us still get to go out and spend time with friends, and a few of us do achieve things by spending a lot of time on the internet, I would say I've achieved social skill, communication skills that can help me with job interviews in the future, I've gained interview skills from mod interviews on a few different servers in my time, and I've found a lot of friends, whether they are on the internet or not, they're still friends! Also I could say i've become fairly successful with my YouTube channel aswell.

This was my part towards this thread, If you guys enjoy playing a lot and think you can get some sorts of skill out of it, continue to do so! If not, then yes try and get out, but to be honest guys, It's your choice! :3

Rexmanx

Platinum
Reaction score
It's been a year and 6 months. so I honestly doubt I'd be able to develop feelings for anyone else. You need to realise that this isn't an "internet" relationship anymore. We try to see each other every 3 or so months and I definitely wouldn't pick an "irl" relationship over this one. Sure, it would be nice if he lived closer but there's not much we can do about it till I'm an adult.
A great example of: Love is love

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The thread does indeed strike a demonstration of controversy, and both sides, each consisting the points of clash. And through reading the thread and taking consideration for quite some time towards what you have stated, I would agree with you. It is indeed true, and towards my opinion, there must be no denial towards it. Today's youth and trends of society is contemplated towards the use of technology to the extent of which is considered a habit, or in various cases, and addiction. And as the old times of society wishes to leave a better world for the children, and wish to encourage them to succeed, seems as if our hopes will be considerably low for us to triumph.

However, as arrogant of me as it may sound, and through my sincerest apologies, (please do not take it personally) I beg to differ. It may be perplexing for me to decide such choice, yet again, it is easily expected from a child who is part of the youth and is still currently at a premature age. I decide that our youth is not as terrible as it may seem. Although my conclusion is quite peculiar; I must confess, the majority of people, young or old, spends far too much time on their devices rather than being productive with the life they have been given, which of course, includes me. But as I have stated, they are a majority, Furthermore, there is always a minority. As one of our administrators have stated before, CAmadeusA has mentioned how funny it is that the minority can be the loudest.

Taking the statement to context, he is absolutely correct for it. Regardless of the minority, they are the ones who are indeed the loudest, the ones who would stop at nothing to achieving what they have been aiming for. Which used as an analogy, the same would go with the minority of the youth, the children who do indeed focus on success. The minority had not been mentioned, but nor has it been clearly mentioned of society today.
But reading this absolutely incredible thread; I can infer it already as a book, and can clearly show the frustration on how today's society has evolved to people who would most prefer looking at the screen a huge majority of their lifetimes.

Let us consider our educational system, too. Despite what kind of educational system it may be, ranging from international to all specifics, or private, to public; they often consist of high standards, in a manner, it could simply be, you obtain high grades, or you don't. It is of course, encouraged for people to prove their dedication for knowledge and success by simply working hard in school. But when realistically observing among the statistics, high, and opportunity filled schools and universities, maybe like Cambridge or Princeton university; they usually seem like a competition to whom is more deserving than the other.
I have witnessed various, extremely deserving individuals being declined from their chosen universities. And after looking upon the statistics of acceptance rates, some can be one person chosen over hundreds of other people who are just as deserving as they are.

Success is difficult to obtain, naturally, it is supposed to be. But from what I have seen with my reality, opportunity, success is far more difficult when others oppress you.
This leads me to oppression, imagine being treated unfairly throughout your lifetime, harassed, abused, damaged. The psychological pain some people may endure throughout their lives, especially in areas like school.
It can easily lead to depression, the begging for hope, the begging for someone out in the world to care. The ones fortunate to comprehend the absolute greatness of size of our Earth, and how many people reside within it, would of course, turn towards online communication. Because there could potentially be more friendlier communities, more acceptance of others, instead of hate, there is love.
From personal experiences, it can prove that there is the possibility of meeting other people towards accepting others on the internet. Which easily proves how incredible the MCGamer community is. This could also be a reason towards why there are quite a good amount of people here, to meet more accepting individuals within the community, to form friendships that were never to be destined without the internet.

Bringing more depth towards the success of people within being online most of the time..
I would indeed agree with you, we achieve next to nothing, we do not gain much from spending our time within a computer screen. But that was the extent towards the agreement. I do not agree with the internet supposedly "Destroying valuable social skills that you need to get you through life".
I can assure that it does not do so, but from perspective, it helps with communication and social skill, depending on the circumstances. Consider the MCGamer Teamspeak, I would think that those who even use the application for the first time for communication would of course, feel quite shy, lacking confidence towards speaking. This situation had included me.
I unfortunately do not see how it must always destroy the social skills of an individual, this sort of situation would lead towards any sort of conclusion and effect. It could either lead to having one simply going on the computer or any sort of electronic device to which they do not use any sort of communication at all, as well as developing an addiction, which leads them towards anti-social behaviour. Yet again there are people who wish to communicate with others through the internet.
The moderator application functions in a way as if it were a real job, it even provides a full interview for what your potential is towards getting accepted. That also develops speaking skills.

Continuing on towards social standards being lowered towards the internet, we may never know who is behind the screen. I do go on the screen for large sums of time, and it is obviously not good for my growth and development, but I do not see how it will affect my social speaking skills, as a little known fact, I have taken up debating, and am in quite a prestigious team as well. Despite the amount of time I go on my computer, my ability to speak with confidence had not lowered.
And as I have previously mentioned, we do not know who could be behind the screen. Our amount of time on the computer should not necessarily determine our social status. Our choices, and what we say in real life, or in the internet determines on who we are and what our potential is.

Now regarding about online relationships, I unfortunately do not know much about online relationships with strangers, and I would agree with you on how peculiar it can be to even getting a relationship online, which is also a risk. But yet again, it is entirely up to them, their choice on what they do on the internet, however, I do see things like that quite rarely, however I do not see what should be an issue among others if it is a relationship between them. I would believe that they may continue at their own risk, but I do not think it would be worth our time to talk them out for something that should not necessarily matter. It is indeed true, that the word "love" is misinterpreted among society, as if it is something that is alright to break and shatter.
But out there in the world, there are people who do love. Who do wish to grow old and eat a lot of pie together until they die together. There are people out there in the world who wish to go to the fullest extent of their capabilities, just for the one they love. I do not see why it is worth looking upon those who treat love as a joke, let them speak of it as they wish. But in the end, it is you who decides your own fate, not them.

Taking to account towards the last point of the youth not willing to be active within their lives, which also includes your cousins not willing to play football with you, I do understand how unpleasant it can be towards the realization that children are willing towards using their devices rather than having family bonding. It has happened to me in various occasions, but at the same time, I was the individual who chose to stay on their computer.
From viewing both sides of the situation, I would believe that we should encourage people to play a game with us, possibly being hide and seek, or even chess.
When it comes to the responsibility of parenthood, they must understand what they provide their children and how they are influencing them. The youth of society should not be blamed due to the influence of what others have taught us. If people let the children watch T.V or go on a screen most of the time, simply viewing advertisements or shows or films that encourage the youthful mind that life is like Hollywood, is most definitely result on their habits and sometimes, their personality in the future.

To my conclusion, people are usually asking for us to leave a better world for the children, but what we have not realized is that we must leave better children to the world. The choices, and influence of adults will result in what the children do in the future. We should encourage them to be more active, to influence them for the better.
Also, the era of technology is something worth looking upon when it comes down towards my opinion, this being due to how many uses, how much it will help us in the future, like rocket ships carrying people to mars, or even new hover-boards. Technology is indeed a great aspect of human knowledge, because it provides us the development of the future. But the attitude of the future will entirely depend on the attitude and influence of the past.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci