• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting a desktop pc to replace my macbook compoopter! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
Looks Good.

I'm making a mock up parts list for you right now, is there anything specific you want in this build besides these or is it only limited to the price?

Processor: i5 3570
Software: Windows 7 Professional
Thanks!
The motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 Motherboard) is the one i'm choosing. I need 1TB, 2TB if you can get it within $40 of the price of the 1TB you choose. A good mouse with a macro (Like, a button on the side that can be made to activate optifine zoom etc). Don't really understand SSD's. If you think i should get one, i'd want one under $100. Basic disk service, i'll probably buy(pirate) movies onto the pc. A good keyboard, too, but low pricing. The case has to look cool, but under $80.

Thanks heaps!

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thanks!
The motherboard (Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 Motherboard) is the one i'm choosing. I need 1TB, 2TB if you can get it within $40 of the price of the 1TB you choose. A good mouse with a macro (Like, a button on the side that can be made to activate optifine zoom etc). Don't really understand SSD's. If you think i should get one, i'd want one under $100. Basic disk service, i'll probably buy(pirate) movies onto the pc. A good keyboard, too, but low pricing. The case has to look cool, but under $80.

Thanks heaps!
You said you wanted an i5 3570 (Ivy bridge) (Better for overclocking if i remember correctly)
That motherboard is for 4XXX processors (Haswell) (Better power efficiency)

Ok, based on this i have to adjust this list a bit, but this is what I have so far.
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ltk9

Also, can you steal a CD drive from another machine, or are willing to make a USB installer for windows. (You can make a USB installer through Bootcamp assistant on mac)
CD drives arent really worth buying if you can avoid it.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
You said you wanted an i5 3570 (Ivy bridge) (Better for overclocking if i remember correctly)
That motherboard is for 4XXX processors (Haswell) (Better power efficiency)

Ok, based on this i have to adjust this list a bit, but this is what I have so far.
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/2ltk9

Also, can you steal a CD drive from another machine, or are willing to make a USB installer for windows. (You can make a USB installer through Bootcamp assistant on mac)
That video card is wayy to expensive :/ What do video cards do?

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
That video card is wayy to expensive :/ What do video cards do?
They do all the graphical stuff, game performance relies on them, I'll change the card, since you need a mouse and keyboard too.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
They do all the graphical stuff, game performance relies on them, I'll change the card, since you need a mouse and keyboard too.
I got spare mouse and keyboard, just realised.
Thanks a lot for this :)

Also, you forgot case ;)

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Meaning monitor? I'll probably buy one with my dad, if we don't have a spare one (we most likely do).
Also, can you add in a case? thanks :)
By size I'm talking about the case, If you want a compact one or are ok with a larger one. Benefit of a larger one is you get more room to expand. (More hard drives, add on cards, etc)

Claps

Diamond
Reaction score
Meaning monitor? I'll probably buy one with my dad, if we don't have a spare one (we most likely do).
Also, can you add in a case? thanks :)
(he meant what size case; the case is actually referred to as the computer and the monitor is the monitor, not the computer)

Edit: Eris beat me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci