• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting a desktop pc to replace my macbook compoopter! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Is the wifi card you suggested an AC Card?
Also, could you link me to a 7200RPM drive? because i have no idea what to look for.
By the way, what is Ivy Bridge?

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
CHANGE THE RAM! (A must, I won't forgive you if you don't)
You need decent ram, and 1 slow stick of ram is just going to make the rest of your great system run slowly.
Trust me on this, better ram will make this so much better.
Get at least this. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/gskill-memory-f312800cl8d8gbxm
Other than that, it's good.

Last edited:

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score

Erisyuka

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Oh.. i thought i upgraded it. One sec :)
Edit:
Erisyuka THAT'S AMERICAN! *EXPLODES*
dw ill find one <3
I updated my post immediately after noticing.

I suggest you watch these videos a few times (at least watch that first one), thats how I learned to build mine, and it went smoothly. Nothing seemed intimidating.

BlueHeron

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, congrats on ditching that crap MacBook that people call a good computer.

Honestly, I'd probably sacrifice Win7 for Win8 for the opportunity of spending another 100$ on parts. With RAM so expensive now, it's a really smart move. You could go hardcore for a GTX 780, but I don't think you need more than GTX 770 to run all the newest games at great fps and quality. Plus, the extra money from that will come handy for the possible expense of shipping in handling. I'd definitely go for an Intel processor, though.

Captain Dory

Diamond
Reaction score
First of all, congrats on ditching that crap MacBook that people call a good computer.

Honestly, I'd probably sacrifice Win7 for Win8 for the opportunity of spending another 100$ on parts. With RAM so expensive now, it's a really smart move. You could go hardcore for a GTX 780, but I don't think you need more than GTX 770 to run all the newest games at great fps and quality. Plus, the extra money from that will come handy for the possible expense of shipping in handling. I'd definitely go for an Intel processor, though.
I finished with this
http://au.pcpartpicker.com/user/Captain_Dory/saved/3act
Still open for suggestions that will improve quality without spending too much. Still got $200 on my budget c:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci