• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

charliewolves

Career
Reaction score
Okay so I don't know about you guys but the new xime or whatever is out of control.

So just the other day my boy Trevor (spelly) was playing mcsg. He gets permbanned by some mod who claims he is right and knows what he's doing. The thing was... Trevor was recording and he has the video of him playing, and he's not hacking at al. He hasn't heard if he's unbanned yet but if the staff is this quick to act I don't feel safe playing anymore.

My friend rockyy_ who is playing with some friends is playing on mcsg the day it was lagging like 2 days ago. He's lagging and getting a solid 2 bar. He opens a chest and gets permbanned for a hacked client. WHAT. His dispute was upheld and now he can't play anymore. A close friend of mine is now gone. Thanks mcsg, it's like you want us to stop playing.

My friend west (xrevenged) got his account hacked and now he's permbanned. Mods didn't ip check him either. THIS IS 3 clan members.

These are two legit mcsg veterans, and who knows who else is going to get banned. I personally am afraid to play because of how rouge this is.

If any staff member looks at this please understand that we the people and clan members of mcsg don't want this to go on. This new xime is not always accurate so please, do something to fix it. I luv u rocky, u will be missed ;-;

AND IF ITS SO ACCURATE WHY DID IT TAKE A MONTH TO BAN KRANZO

Excuse the spelling on my phone.
If he Believes he is banned unfairly he should post a ban dispute :).

crits

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
LOL I got banned from the anti cheat for detected "hack" client for no reason, I wasn't even hacking haha. Poncho Fxyo BlueCaptain were playing w/ me that game on par 72.

It must have been the youtubers!!

All the mods were like the anti cheat is 100% correct, best thing you can do ban dispute !!!

Last edited:

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
LOL I got banned from the anti cheat for detected "hack" client for no reason, I wasn't even hacking haha. Poncho Fxyo BlueCaptain were playing w/ me that game on par 72.

It must have been the youtubers!!

All the mods were like the anti cheat is 100% correct, best thing you can do ban dispute !!!
ban disputes get denied because there is no evidence to prove otherwise. I don't necessarily think the xime system is bad for the community, but I think it's unfair to permanently ban someone without providing evidence. Not only can it make mistakes, but it kind of eliminates the need for ingame moderation.

Endou

Survivor
Reaction score
ban disputes get denied because there is no evidence to prove otherwise. I don't necessarily think the xime system is bad for the community, but I think it's unfair to permanently ban someone without providing evidence. Not only can it make mistakes, but it kind of eliminates the need for ingame moderation.
Agreed, this honestly is true. If people get banned from the anti cheat there's a 1-5% they falsely were banned, but they're obviously not going to have evidence sometimes. I think if they write a decent and good explanation app, the ban deserves to not be a perm ban, just a week, or an unban. If happens again with no evidence then he/she should be banned forever.

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed, this honestly is true. If people get banned from the anti cheat there's a 1-5% they falsely were banned, but they're obviously not going to have evidence sometimes. I think if they write a decent and good explanation app, the ban deserves to not be a perm ban, just a week, or an unban. If happens again with no evidence then he/she should be banned forever.
I think evidence should always be provided when it comes to a permanent ban. the xime system should be used as a warning system that tags people to be followed more closely by actual moderators that can record and provide evidence to some sort of ban, similar to player submitted reports, but instead more accurate.

Endou

Survivor
Reaction score
I think evidence should always be provided when it comes to a permanent ban. the xime system should be used as a warning system that tags people to be followed more closely by actual moderators that can record and provide evidence to some sort of ban, similar to player submitted reports, but instead more accurate.
Yes! I agree with this perfectly!

Frezzy

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG's new aura detection relies on the age old spawning an entity around the player and seeing if the player hits it. This is not accurate at all. As Archybot, Badlion owner, so eloquently states about this method:

"It's not that stupid invisible entity bull*** that most anticheats use to detect kill aura as that's a ****ing joke method of doing it that can be bypassed by any hacked client with a brain and has more false positives then actual positives."

Any client with half-decent no cheat bypasses will bypass this check. For instance, many auras automatically turn off when in a chest, don't aim the full 360 degrees, don't target any newly spawned entities right away, etc.

Xime checks for aura by spawning an entity on top of the player when he/she opens a chest; if the player hits the entity enough time, Xime autobans him/her. The friend that the OP mentioned, if it is in fact a false positive, probably right clicked the chest (registered as opening server side, and Xime spawning the entity), and then started swinging because the chest wasn't opening client side due to lag.

Tdlr: Xime needs work, and false positives are very possible with its current checks.
n1 evermore

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This has always been prevalent, but I think it's becoming more of a commonplace nowadays. I believe this is due to, other than the imperfect anti-cheat system, the reduced standards for moderators. From reducing the required age to 14 from 16, allowing people with expired bans to apply, etc., the staff team is of large numbers but low quality. It seems that some don't even know when they are actually witnessing hacks and some, arguably, just abuse their newly-gained power. This, of course, doesn't refer to all moderators, but a minority large enough to be represented.
Then again, I've never been part of the staff team to validate this. Purely an outsider's perspective.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
this happened to my friend a couple of days ago; minding his own business in a game, and then all of a sudden gets permed for auto clicker, lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci