• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Hi Cookie! Love you. The developers are aware of the flaws. No detection system is 100% accurate. While they have worked countless months trying to meticulously craft a new system, nothing will be as precise as they would like it to be. Luckily, we do have our ban disputes. I understand that Trevor had submitted his and it will be looked at soon. Already, many of those that have been banned from the updated, automated system have been looked into. While I do not know if any have been unbanned since the release nor under what circumstances, it has been found that the ban can be triggered without hacking. Please, understand that no system is perfect. The bugs are being worked on and refined. In the mean time, we ask that you continue to appeal your ban if you feel as though it's unjust. If you would like, you can bring it to me personally. I'm not able to unban players, but I can take a look at the situation and help you. If there are any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to bring them to myself or another staff member. Thank you and have a nice day.

P.S. - I completely realize that this thread's purpose was not to flame, but rather to express grievance. However, I will be keeping a close eye on this thread as the topic and content could easily spur some members off the tract of civilized communication and venture into flame territory. Hopefully, that will not be an issue. If it is, it will be taken care of. Remember! If you see flame, DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. Instead, hit that report button. Quoting a message that may be deleted may also cause your message to be delete.
Why do I have a feeling these people who got there bans upheld won't be getting unbanned? I mean really who cares its not like a veteran, the people who started this server are unfairly banned... Not trying to hate on the staff u guys do a great job but come on...something needs to be done.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling these people who got there bans upheld won't be getting unbanned? I mean really who cares its not like a veteran, the people who started this server are unfairly banned... Not trying to hate on the staff u guys do a great job but come on...something needs to be done.
Exactly. Lots of veteran players that got banned unfairly where never unbanned (like Canziano and Megadani900) and their cases will probably never be reviewed again. Members of the community have even made videos explaining why certain people where banned unfairly and why they should be unbanned. This shouldn't have to be necessary.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Exactly. Lots of veteran players that got banned unfairly where never unbanned (like Canziano and Megadani900) and their cases will probably never be reviewed again. Members of the community have even made videos explaining why certain people where banned unfairly and why they should be unbanned. This shouldn't have to be necessary.
I'm not a member of Sr. Staff, so I can't pretend like I know the answer to that. However, I can offer you this. We do what we can to keep the servers clean, healthy, and we try to keep everyone happy. But that is impossible to do. With every action, someone is going to be unhappy. Along with that comes changes and cycles. "Veterans" that have been banned were most likely done by a different era of staff. The staff team, just like the player community, is constantly adapting and changing. Rules change, opinions change, and members change. We don't have the same staff we did 3 years ago, 1 year ago, nor 5 months ago. There is no pinpoint on any of it, as it's always adapting. Like I said, I'm not a Sr. Staff member. If I was, there are things I'd do differently in this situation and others. We all have the chance to change it, though. If you have a problem, address it to the Sr. Staff. They do their best to appeal to the interest of the public while maintaining their best intentions and actions for the network.

Also, regarding veterans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if you are both saying they deserve a sort of special treatment. Or that some group is already receiving it. However, this isn't the case. While it may not always seem like it, we do our best to make sure everyone is treated evenly. If you believe that a staff member is not following this, report it. Or, you can join the staff team yourself in hopes to counter it. Also, if you want a player's case reviewed, you can do so. Have that player bring it up to a staff member and we'll look into it. I'll do it myself, if you'd like.

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
Sorry 4 my recent behavior, I'm still in rehab @modwhodeletedpost

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm not a member of Sr. Staff, so I can't pretend like I know the answer to that. However, I can offer you this. We do what we can to keep the servers clean, healthy, and we try to keep everyone happy. But that is impossible to do. With every action, someone is going to be unhappy. Along with that comes changes and cycles. "Veterans" that have been banned were most likely done by a different era of staff. The staff team, just like the player community, is constantly adapting and changing. Rules change, opinions change, and members change. We don't have the same staff we did 3 years ago, 1 year ago, nor 5 months ago. There is no pinpoint on any of it, as it's always adapting. Like I said, I'm not a Sr. Staff member. If I was, there are things I'd do differently in this situation and others. We all have the chance to change it, though. If you have a problem, address it to the Sr. Staff. They do their best to appeal to the interest of the public while maintaining their best intentions and actions for the network.

Also, regarding veterans. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds as if you are both saying they deserve a sort of special treatment. Or that some group is already receiving it. However, this isn't the case. While it may not always seem like it, we do our best to make sure everyone is treated evenly. If you believe that a staff member is not following this, report it. Or, you can join the staff team yourself in hopes to counter it. Also, if you want a player's case reviewed, you can do so. Have that player bring it up to a staff member and we'll look into it. I'll do it myself, if you'd like.
I not saying we should be treated differently but would you expect a veteran who has played for years to start hacking? Also does it make a difference what staff era banned the players are you saying it was unfair?

Mayra

Platinum
Reaction score
I not saying we should be treated differently but would you expect a veteran who has played for years to start hacking? Also does it make a difference what staff era banned the players are you saying it was unfair?
I think he meant a new staff generation thinks differently and may be able to see the pov of the banned player that was previously disregarded

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I think he meant a new staff generation thinks differently and may be able to see the pov of the banned player that was previously disregarded
I guess I just don't believe all these old players would end it like that but maybe its just best that way?

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
I think that autobanning is fine.

I think that perm banning 1st time with an auto-ban isn't.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry 4 my recent behavior, I'm still in rehab @modwhodeletedpost
Thanks for making a post about this, I set it off too by mistake when I opened a chest on Alaskan village. And it's been 2 weeks and my appeal is still under investigation by the administration...

Intensagod

Platinum
Reaction score
Okay so I don't know about you guys but the new xime or whatever is out of control.

So just the other day my boy Trevor (spelly) was playing mcsg. He gets permbanned by some mod who claims he is right and knows what he's doing. The thing was... Trevor was recording and he has the video of him playing, and he's not hacking at al. He hasn't heard if he's unbanned yet but if the staff is this quick to act I don't feel safe playing anymore.

My friend rockyy_ who is playing with some friends is playing on mcsg the day it was lagging like 2 days ago. He's lagging and getting a solid 2 bar. He opens a chest and gets permbanned for a hacked client. WHAT. His dispute was upheld and now he can't play anymore. A close friend of mine is now gone. Thanks mcsg, it's like you want us to stop playing.

My friend west (xrevenged) got his account hacked and now he's permbanned. Mods didn't ip check him either. THIS IS 3 clan members.

These are two legit mcsg veterans, and who knows who else is going to get banned. I personally am afraid to play because of how rouge this is.

If any staff member looks at this please understand that we the people and clan members of mcsg don't want this to go on. This new xime is not always accurate so please, do something to fix it. I luv u rocky, u will be missed ;-;

AND IF ITS SO ACCURATE WHY DID IT TAKE A MONTH TO BAN KRANZO

Excuse the spelling on my phone.
I got-perma banned for "hacks" and I wasn't hacking (Still trying to get unbanned)

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks for making a post about this, I set it off too by mistake when I opened a chest on Alaskan village. And it's been 2 weeks and my appeal is still under investigation by the administration...
well for all we know YOU could have been hacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci