• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

It's Time for You to Step Down; an open letter to Chad

Do you think Chad should resign and sell the MCGamer Network?

• Yes - New Co-Owner (50/50 split)

• Yes - New Owner (Chad resigns fully)

• Yes - New owner, but Chad stays around (51/49 split or bigger)

• No - Chad stays here as it is

• No - New administration is needed

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThePikachuPro

Career
Reaction score
Don't want to add fuel to the fire but the fact that we have a playbase (of this posting) of ~650 players is not good for a network that used to be one of the greats. I know now is not the peak of players but even on weekends and times of player spikes we will barely break numbers of 2k. I have been involved in the network and personally with Chad. He brings a lot to the table... however... when someone as influential as his him fades everyone else will as well. There really is no light response to this other than an overhaul needs to happen or nothing will at all. Simply one gamemode for 4 straight years will not keep the old players coming back. Something will need to change and if not the network will not have enough money or motives to continue running.... Do I have a defined answer to what that is? Hell no. It is not a light way to change but having a network should require more than one "legitimate gamemode" that will keep players coming back and wanting more.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Im not going to say to much because i like to stay out of all this how ever there comes a point when all the admins say talk to chad and he ignores you for the last 2 months its a bit stupid and before a mod says hes busy i have tried his phone, his slack, his skype and even asked admins to pass on the message not a word and its the same with some others and given im the owner of an official build team what i want to talk about is business not community stuff so going by what people said when i was flicking though he is "paying attention to the higher parts of running the place" is not fully true but thats all im putting in to this topic
Have you considered that he just doesn't want to talk to you? :rolleyes:

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
Can I hear from Gecko because I find his opinions unbiased and fair.
Thanks for pointing this out because I always forget to look in MCGamer Discussions and may not have seen it for a while.

I agree that Chad is not the owner he used to be, and he seems to not have as much time to interact with us as he did back in 2012-14. Chad obviously does things in the background that keep things running somewhat smoothly, and I'm sure he does a great job with that.
Chad also hired his admins, and also passed a good deal power on to that administrative team. They are not Chad, but there are 5 of them (plus Cam), and together that group should be able to move the server forward.

This is where things get out of my range of knowledge. Does Chad keep the admins updated on his vision? If he does, then they should be able to follow through with that and push the server forward. If he doesn't, I don't blame the admins for not doing some of the things the community wants.

What I would want is for Chad to make a post explaining his vision here (I know it's hard to explain something like that but he'd do the best he can) That way both the community and the staff team know exactly where he wants this to go. If Chad wants to tweak his vision, he can tell the admins. If the community and/or staff team seek to change it, they can have the admins get the OK from Chad. That way he's not fully involved, but we're fully informed.

This idea puts a lot more on the admins, and that will continue. They will need to do things like gathering information from the community and use it to do what the community wants (if it's logical and fits in with the plan). I would think that this would be more of a job for Yannick and NagolGames, since they are the community relations admins, but if it is too much, it can be extended to the entire admin team. Overall I think we can thrive with just a small amount of Chad contact, it's just how the staff team and the community can execute it. I don't really want him out because there are things we haven't tried that could move the server forward without an owner telling us exactly what to do.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Have you considered that he just doesn't want to talk to you? :rolleyes:
I mean, he has no reason to ignore me and he's done the same to me so I don't think that's the reason he hasn't responded.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
This is where things get out of my range of knowledge. Does Chad keep the admins updated on his vision? If he does, then they should be able to follow through with that and push the server forward. If he doesn't, I don't blame the admins for not doing some of the things the community wants.

What I would want is for Chad to make a post explaining his vision here (I know it's hard to explain something like that but he'd do the best he can) That way both the community and the staff team know exactly where he wants this to go. If Chad wants to tweak his vision, he can tell the admins. If the community and/or staff team seek to change it, they can have the admins get the OK from Chad. That way he's not fully involved, but we're fully informed.
For argument's sake that seems like a logical solution, but as a member of the community just having Chad write a post about his 'vision' for the server isn't enough for me. How will we be assured that things will improve? How do we know that deadlines will be met and things will work when launched? I still personally think that we need a new owner (perhaps working with chad, perhaps not) to go the extra mile and actually execute the vision rather than telling all his other minions what to do and leaving again

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I mean, he has no reason to ignore me and he's done the same to me so I don't think that's the reason he hasn't responded.
I guess he feels the same way about you!

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
See, I don't agree this is a good mindset to have because the community is completely competitive now. Look at all the representative youtubers and streamers and name ONE that is 'family friendly' and I will change my mind. I dare you.
Joey Graceffa.. StacySays, Megan, heyimbee.
That's 4 alone that are "family friendly" and have non competitive content on mcgamer, they play to have fun and upload even if they don't win a single game.. they still attract their fans to play. Are you going to stick to what you said and "change your mind" because I accepted your dare and provided you with 4 people.
There's probably more I could provide but those alone are enough.
They are huge you tubers with a huge fan base on our servers.

I'm not going to exactly share my opinion on this thread because honestly im not here to get involved in things, im just here to moderate the servers because that's what I enjoy doing.

Have a great day.

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
Joey Graceffa.. StacySays, Megan, heyimbee.
That's 4 alone that are "family friendly" and have non competitive content on mcgamer, they play to have fun and upload even if they don't win a single game.. they still attract their fans to play. Are you going to stick to what you said and "change your mind" because I accepted your dare and provided you with 4 people.
There's probably more I could provide but those alone are enough.
They are huge you tubers with a huge fan base on our servers.

I'm not going to exactly share my opinion on this thread because honestly im not here to get involved in things, im just here to moderate the servers because that's what I enjoy doing.

Have a great day.
Hey Lilbub, thanks for responding! I certainly didn't know those youtubers recorded MCGamer videos, so I certainly do stand corrected in that sense. However, a quick search in their channels showed that none of those youtubers have uploaded MCGamer related content recently... most MCSG videos are from 2013-2014, etc. ALTHOUGH I don't know who megan is, so I couldn't really vouch for her channel. Could you perhaps link me to her channel? Regardless, I think that proves my point even more because the 'family friendly' youtubers aren't investing their time into MCGamer anymore; the community has gotten too competitive and skilled for the average player to enjoy themselves (though this is just my opinion, perhaps there are those who never win and still enjoy themselves). Those are just my thoughts, and I understand you want to keep out of arguments and debates so I will leave it at that. You have a great day yourself :)

Last edited:

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
Hey Lilbub, thanks for responding! I certainly didn't know those youtubers recorded MCGamer videos, so I certainly do stand corrected in that sense. However, a quick search in their channels showed that none of those youtubers have uploaded MCGamer related content recently... most MCSG videos are from 2013-2014, etc. ALTHOUGH I don't know who megan is, so I couldn't really vouch for her channel. Could you perhaps link me to her channel? Regardless, I think that proves my point even more because the 'family friendly' youtubers aren't investing their time into MCGamer anymore; the community has gotten too competitive and skilled for the average player to enjoy themselves (though this is just my opinion, perhaps there are those who never win and still enjoy themselves). Those are just my thoughts, and I understand you want to keep out of arguments and debates so I will leave it at that. You have a great day yourself :)
Joeygraceffa uploaded like yesterday ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci