• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Make MCSG better. Not worse. AWARENESS.

Binct

Career
Reaction score
True fact, Binct, were you permanently banned? I always thought that you were Temporary banned
Nope, perm-banned for aimbot, even though I didn't even touch a hacked client while on MCGamer. :confused: Let's stay on topic though.

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
Although I do agree that some of things that some admins have done were wrong, this video kind of opens my eyes. It's true that everyone makes mistakes, and we should forgive and forget. All of us.

c75shooter

Survivor
Reaction score
MCG is one of the best minecraft communities there are, and that is because of Dave. Dave is the nicest and the most awesome man I've ever talked to, and I'm very lucky to be his friend.

This isn't mcg as I know it. Mcg used to be a community with respectable people.

Thank you Dave for making mcsg a better community. We cannot thank you enough for the amount of time you've spent administrating mcg. You do NOT deserve this. There are a lot of people who loves you Dave. These people doesn't wanna hurt your feelings, they just don't know the truth.

inconceivable81

Platinum
Reaction score
The only reason in which the posting of the video makes sense is because you are such great friends with Dave. However, there are many things, the mentioning of which would get me banned, that Dave has done in the past, due to which other people would have 60-70 permanent bans by now.

Skellie

Experienced
Reaction score
[5:37:13 PM] 4non: To everyone talking about being banned for stating their opinion, keep this in mind. It does state, clearly, that it is against the rules to start drama. Voicing your own opinion is perfectly fine, but it's better to do it privately with a staff members. I've learned from my mistakes. If you have something bad to say about the staff, tell a member of the administration, and they might do something about it. Don't end up like me.

Tryhard_Batman

Diamond
Reaction score
Why bash Dave? He dedicates SO much time to MCGamer and its community just to get told how horrible he is? Think of it this way; if you were Dave, how would you feel if this is the level of gratitude and respect that you were getting.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im going to be honest here if you have a problem with anyone its better to go and talk to them rather than posting on the forums and bad mouthing them adding to that the reason why all the stuff latly has started is something that has nothing to do with MCG.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
im going to be honest here if you have a problem with anyone its better to go and talk to them rather than posting on the forums and bad mouthing them adding to that the reason why all the stuff latly has started is something that has nothing to do with MCG.
Agreed! ^_^

If you have a problem with a person, talk to them privately, 1 on 1.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I agree with the overall message of this video, however I think making it Dave-centric tuned down the level of how broad it could've been.

Don't get me wrong- Dave has gotten his fair share of insults, hate, and other things from members of this community, which need to be addressed, however there are a lot of other staff members who take heat- maybe less publicly, but still take plenty. Heck, even normal members of the community are abused every day, and I think this could've been made a bit more broad as to address all of that, instead of just Dave.

First things first, this whole "corruption" thing has gotten so unbelievably out of hand. It's almost become a trend to think the staff is "corrupt and unfit for their jobs" and so many people have decided to hop right on that bandwagon with absolutely no prior knowledge whatsoever regarding the situation, or what they're even protesting.

I would bet good money half of the people to claim against Dave, or other staff members have little to no idea what that person has done wrong, and are only saying something because a friend, clan member, or popular community member has made a statement. Trust me, I've experienced this first hand. It's incredibly easy to succumb to external influences- basically, believe what you hear others say, with no real facts to prove such claims.

Some things I've read that have been said about Dave, other staff members, or just community members are absolutely disgusting. People seem to have absolutely no sense of other people's feelings, and it's apparently become a 'joke' to think of every swear word you can to call that person, and accuse them of absurd things. Personally, if I ever received some of what I've seen people say to others, I'd never log back onto MCSG. I'm not talking about people who are legitimately bringing up points, and trying to work things out, I'm talking about the people who typically have no idea what they're talking about, and throw every insult possible at someone, only to boast and brag to their friends about how they "really told off ___" and how "I'm sure I'll get banned because of corruption, but it was worth it!"

This brings up yet another point which fuels this mess- the fact people think "freedom of speech" means they can say whatever they want.

I have seen so many people make outrageous statements, then follow them up with "Well, I'll be banned because of corruption and the staff not wanting to hear my opinion!"

If you blatantly insult someone, there will be consequences, no way around it. You can't call someone a "-----" and blame your ban on corruption. You were literally asking for the ban.

Freedom of speech, as defined by Dictionary.com is something like this:

1. the right of people to express their opinions publicly without governmental interference, subject to the laws against libel, incitement to violence or rebellion, etc.
That makes perfect sense in an argument if you were calmly stating an opinion (will address later), with no aggression, but it clearly says "subject to...".

You can't walk up to someone, call them fat, and expect no repercussions because it was "freedom of speech".

Now, we've already said plenty, but like I've mentioned in prior posts to this one, it is impossible to say one side is at fault, and one side is innocent. Both sides are at fault.

The people opposing staff have said, and done some uncalled for, harsh things, and many are simply there for the ride on a bandwagon already filled to the brim, but it cannot be said that the staff are not also at fault. Things have been said, and done, negatively by both sides, but the problem is that neither side can accept their faults.

The staff have been told things countless times, but are typically ignored at this point. They don't believe that their staff are not doing their jobs properly, etc., and typically refuse to accept that they have, which is usually backed up with an excuse, or ignorance.

Some of the players opposing the staff have gone far beyond the boundary between "civil discussion" and "opinions" and deep into the territory of harassment, or just plain negligence, or misinformation.

Both sides are at a point now, where they see most everything from the other side in one way.

The staff assume every complaint and issue is only another person complaining with no real proof.

The players assume everything they do will get them banned, and that they can't express any sort of opinions.

Neither side feels comfortable sharing, and accepting the others side's point of view, which makes for a real communication barrier.

In the end, both sides need to open up.
Maybe what you think about the staff was misinformed.

Maybe what that player said to you really is true.

TL;DR: read it, you goon
(Like, actually read, with your eyes and brain. Please don't just like it because it's long. For all you know, I just copy-pasted "Ravioli" like 450 times.)

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
I have been DDoSed for doing my job, yelled at for doing my job, told that I should resign for doing my job, and told that I am lazy for not banning all the hackers. I do agree that Dave has gotten it the worst, but this topic's horizons cover so much more than him. Most staff members get told that they are bad staff because they did what they are supposed to and are making the community a better and more enjoyable place. This is why I appreciate staff as much as I do. Thanks Haydn for trying to show the truth and not joining what seems like the majority and say that MCGamer staff is corrupt and is bad. <3

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Whenever I try to talk to Dave on TS or e-mail him he never answers me because he says he is ''busy'' which he may be, but he honestly can't take 5 minutes of his time to just talk to me? I do not think Dave does a horrible job at all, its just it can be frustrating sometimes when you can't get a 5 minute talk with the guy

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
Whenever I try to talk to Dave on TS or e-mail him he never answers me because he says he is ''busy'' which he may be, but he honestly can't take 5 minutes of his time to just talk to me?
That may be, but it takes a lot of time to be an admin on these servers, being as big as they are. I heard Dave even quit his job so he can devote his time to being an admin, but I am not too sure about that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci