• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Map Review of Every 24-Player MCSG Map

ThisJKid

Diamond
Reaction score
I never said I disliked the maps if you go back and look, I just made cases to remove them. There are way to many maps on the servers these days and I was trying to do some "spring cleaning" with my update. While they aren't horrible maps, they aren't the best. I think it would be fitting if they removed them to make way for new maps that are better. Or delete them just to cut down on the amount of maps. (I don't know if you have noticed, but there are a lot of maps.) xD
I understand that there's a lot of maps. In all honesty, this thread could have waited just a little bit. Out of all of the new maps they added, there's possibly 2 which I believe should stay, the others appear to be hated by most players.

First they need to take more interest in good maps built by smaller build teams and maps which have garnered a large amount of support on the forums, but maps which currently already have lots of support shouldn't be removed.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
For Orgins it takes 10-20 minutes because 10 people leave at the start! Lol
Usually it's no more than 2-4, which shouldn't really effect the gameplay that much.
I understand that there's a lot of maps. In all honesty, this thread could have waited just a little bit. Out of all of the new maps they added, there's possibly 2 which I believe should stay, the others appear to be hated by most players.

First they need to take more interest in good maps built by smaller build teams and maps which have garnered a large amount of support on the forums, but maps which currently already have lots of support shouldn't be removed.
The majority of recently added maps are all community favorites, after which everyone proceeds to hate on it once it's added.

xCrayfish

Survivor
Reaction score
Eye of Horus may be a bigger map, but the gameplay usually goes by pretty fast. I think it's pretty good, but like you said these are all opinions. :)

Mlpoknzaba

Diamond
Reaction score
I personally love Origins, the walkways mean you actually have to think about where you are going, and most of the time positioning and bow skill is more important that just fighting. It makes a good change.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Usually it's no more than 2-4, which shouldn't really effect the gameplay that much.

The majority of recently added maps are all community favorites, after which everyone proceeds to hate on it once it's added.
The latest update only contained one Forum-community created map, Turbulence, this therefore could be the only community favourite.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score

Umm, Turbulence was the only Community map...

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Umm, Turbulence was the only Community map...
Excavation Zero and Mortal Skies were both posted on the forums and received a fairly decent amount of support.
The latest update only contained one Forum-community created map, Turbulence, this therefore could be the only community favourite.
I was referring to the past several additions of maps, not just this one. And as stated above, 'Excavation Zero and Mortal Skies were both posted on the forums and received a fairly decent amount of support.' (Though Mortal Skies technically doesn't count since it's a RF map.)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
If we're judging maps by the builds, then IMO both breeze island maps should be removed. The only issue with removing popular maps is the backlash from the people who enjoy them, and that's the reason a couple of maps haven't been removed.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
Excavation Zero and Mortal Skies were both posted on the forums and received a fairly decent amount of support.

I was referring to the past several additions of maps, not just this one. And as stated above, 'Excavation Zero and Mortal Skies were both posted on the forums and received a fairly decent amount of support.' (Though Mortal Skies technically doesn't count since it's a RF map.)
This is fair.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci