• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Mods calm down yeah?

You guys agree?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Yeah, this thread is fine. It takes on a subject with knowledge and constructiveness. The threads that got locked are the ones that say -
"the new mods suk thy dont no how 2 do there job they r all corupt an shuld be band"
I'll admit, that was an extreme example, but it gets the point across. When someone makes a generalization in their thread, or is simply over negative it gets locked. We lock based on a threads content, not on its topic. (Unless the topic is inappropriate or violates the rules)

Point is, if the thread is truthful, well-written, and on topic, it won't be closed.

kricken

Career
Reaction score
I agree so much with this! I AGREE SO HARD :O.

Srsly though. I'm glad the community is coming out and saying this because when I tried to say it I got demoted. No good. Kudos for making this thread, brilliant. c:

3point

Platinum
Reaction score
Good point. I haven't seen this happening much, but it doesn't surprise me. However, most mods, to me at least, seem fair and hardworking.

fushi

District 13
Reaction score
although there's a fine line between criticism, and constructive criticism.
While I understood the rest of your post, I didn't really get this. Criticism can be harsh, and criticism can be constructive, but in the end, it's up to you how you take it. For example, I could get criticized really hardly, and be left with two options: to mope, or to understand and appreciate the criticism and build off of it. Constructive criticism is like training wheels, and you can eventually cruise with no handlebars if you choose so. Just saying ;)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
It's not that criticism is taken badly, it's that we don't get any real criticism. It's generally just 'you suck at doing your job and should get demoted'. And since people have been saying this thread will probably be locked, it will be completely open to discussion unless flaming or insults start being thrown around.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
While I understood the rest of your post, I didn't really get this. Criticism can be harsh, and criticism can be constructive, but in the end, it's up to you how you take it. For example, I could get criticized really hardly, and be left with two options: to mope, or to understand and appreciate the criticism and build off of it. Constructive criticism is like training wheels, and you can eventually cruise with no handlebars if you choose so. Just saying ;)
Very true. I try to do the same, although what I meant was constructive criticism, as in something someone took a long time to write, and makes clear points, whether it was negatively based, or kind.

The other criticism I referenced is the "U mods suk ban meh 4 no rsn".
That's still criticism, but it isn't very constructive ;).

Cobrastyles

Experienced
Reaction score
While I totally understand what you're saying, and do my best to take criticism constructively, the latest threads regarding moderators have been a bit in vain, calling us all bad.

While these threads proved great points, it is hard for some people to deal with such a large spectrum of 'disgrace' for their works.

Hopefully you can understand that if anyone possessed a rude tone on any thread you've seen, it was in reaction to that.

I'm hopefully not only speaking for myself in saying this, but as moderators, and higher, we enjoy criticism-- there's always room to improve, although there's a fine line between criticism, and constructive criticism.
Feeling under appreciated does suck. But I feel however that mods are supposed to be the front of MCSG. The "face". And by being rude, though it may not be the case, it reflects on the rest on the staff and it makes other staff look bad when really it shouldn't. One bad egg shouldn't spoil the rest. The point of this thread is just to kinda remind you mods that you have an image to uphold:)
Hope you guys get it. Thanks for the responses so far. It's kinda nice to see input that's somewhat more constructive than the norm ^^

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
This thread should stay open not locked :). It has a perfectly built phrase structure and it is very easy to understand what you are, it is not rude, merely a perfectly constructed criticism, with an understandable statement :)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
This thread should stay open not locked :). It has a perfectly built phrase structure and it is very easy to understand what you are, it is not rude, merely a perfectly constructed criticism, with an understandable statement :)
And since people have been saying this thread will probably be locked, it will be completely open to discussion unless flaming or insults start being thrown around.

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
100% agree with you cobra, but this is one of MCSG's faults. When a thread like this happens, and everyone is on-board, I don't really see the senior staff trying to help mods fix this or anything. I think things need to be done instead of someone saying 'this looks like a good idea'. I'm really excited about all the new senior staff members as I know some of them will help with this situation a lot.

MCSG's on a road to healing, and this is definitely a big step :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci