• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My "Constructive Criticism"

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm going to leave this here as a general warning to everyone commenting on this thread.
ANY continuation of arguing/flame will result in the thread being moved and locked, and any future threads of the same topic will also be locked as we do not tolerate any flame on the mcgamer network.

Have a nice day :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
4) Profit
Only if I get all the money though.

I'll refer to the post I made on Mint's thread because I don't feel like writing tons of stuffs again ;-;

There are quite a few very in-depth points that I can respect knowing your experience here, and comparing it to mine and that of many other old players/staff members.

As a staff member, I make it my point to not ignore threads that direct constructive criticism no matter how negatively proposed they are because all people deserve a response and at this point in time there are lots of people who want answers.

The amount of closet cheaters in this community and especially in the leaderboard is waaaay out of control.
This is a valid point. Unfortunately, the list that was given out was based on those who cheated on Badlion, meaning that it may not be 100% accurate but still sheds light on our ever persisting problem of closet cheating.
It's gotten to a point where a new no cheat isn't "bothering the devs with useless work" anymore. If these devs are so high and mighty coding a no cheat that could stop autoclickers and simple kill aura should be pretty simple, should it not?
This I can't really answer accurately since I'm not a part of the administration or dev team :p

However I can say that CAmadeusA made a very promising post on a thread similar to this last week that really enlightened the fact that there is progress being made on all aspects of improvement :)
there are countless cases of moderators who have been in this community for an amount of time that can be counted on your fingers as weeks. Now that's not right, just because someone is "mature" and can write a decent application doesn't make them fit to moderate this community. These mods are usually the people that end up falsely banning people, abusing powers, etc. Even if Mcgamer is in need of staff this shouldn't be acceptable.
I have seen and heard many issues brought up regarding this very thing. As it turns out, most of these people who immediately join and start gunning for mod don't end up getting the position and fade away from the forums rather quickly when it becomes obvious they won't be getting mod. I can, however, assure you that most of these people who appear new, may have had previous forum accounts that they lost access to, or were active ingame long before they created forums accounts. Either way, I do agree that we could do a slightly better job of ensuring experience on all platforms.
For instance Ceroria has made many great contributions to this community and I'm sure could make many, many more. He is in any way you see much deserving of some sort of promotion; but yet he gets brushed aside.
I can assure you I'm not brushed aside. The simple fact is, as it was mentioned by Kraken, there are tons and tons of things that go into the promotion process that even moderators do not see or know about. Specifically regarding me, my goals include working with the higher Sr. Staff to implement a few things I thoroughly believe would benefit the community and advancement of the network if implemented. I don't specifically need, or expect a Sr. Mod rank to complete these specific things. Others like me who are driven to interact with the community and push needed upgrades don't either, the main thing is improving the flow of information and communication between the moderators and higher ups. While yes, we do have a process in place, certain times things can get lost in the chain of information flow and if there were more ways to get moderators directly connected to administrators if they have valid ideas to spark discussion (and discussion leads to fine-tuning on said ideas to make them better fit for implementation) things could definitely get done quicker.

I'm not denying that there haven't been times where everyone's been a bit on edge about when specific updates were coming in. Even the devs have acknowledged that things can definitely take longer than expected because coding things just isn't as easy as 1, 2, 3. I saw something on another network's website regarding development and their developers mentioned how they stopped giving set dates for upgrades because unexpected things pop up that could hinder the pushing of said upgrades. Our developers have done the same thing over the course of time just so that we don't have confusion with people wondering why things haven't come out on their promised dates :p
The first version of anticheat took 1 hour to code; it blocked semi advanced kill aura trigger and autoclicker. MasterGBerry and Archy are amazing devs, but if mcgamer dedicates one day to a decent no cheat the servers would become much more user friendly. Don't get me wrong though the sg plugin is amazing, the best out there.
Archy and GBerry are truly awesome and extremely talented. The thing that works for them and Badlion is more communication (key word) between them (the developers) and the users of the server that will be running their developements. Obviously there are things that the developers cannot share with us due to Non-Disclosure Agreements and simply the fact that certain things are better kept to certain people, but general interaction is always better.

I see Devin browsing the forums a lot, just generally. This is a great sign that everyone should take into account because it may clear up some confusion. Guys, our devs are real people. They have real lives, and they do interact with the community, trust me!
There's honestly something wrong if thenexusmc can stop an autoclicker but we can't.
Yeah honestly we need to do something about autoclicking. Fast.

Reaction score
Recently, our "Hacker Identification Training" became required, now at some point within the first few weeks of being a Mod / whenever one is hosted, you are required to attend and partake in a 1.5 hour long hacker identification training. I've been to 3 of them myself, and trust me, once you get out of one of those, you know exactly what hacks look like and what hacks don't look like. I think I can speak for all the Mod's who have attended one of those trainings, and even a lot that haven't attended one yet - they are helpful.
lel!

i wonder how many legit players will be banned when an anticheat comes out

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
MCSG's anti-cheat used to be good. But now it's outdated. Because of 1.7 taking a majority of the skill out of Minecraft PvP with the sprint button and 1.8 making hits even weirder, hacks have become a lot harder to actually detect. This is because you can't tell if a person's hacking or if they're getting lucky hits due to hit detection being so weird in Minecraft now. I seriously cannot tell if someone's hacking unless it is blatantly obvious, in which case they'll be banned at some point (I'd like to think so, at least).

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
because he is smart enough to realize mcsg is a lost cause at this point.
If he realizes that then there would be no reason to be making these threads trying to "help" would there? as I stated before I hope no flame continues from this as further action will be taken.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
-snip-

I can't tell if someone is hacking unless it is blatantly obvious

Evermore

Career
Reaction score
MCSG's anti-cheat used to be good. But now it's outdated. Because of 1.7 taking a majority of the skill out of Minecraft PvP with the sprint button and 1.8 making hits even weirder, hacks have become a lot harder to actually detect. This is because you can't tell if a person's hacking or if they're getting lucky hits due to hit detection being so weird in Minecraft now. I seriously cannot tell if someone's hacking unless it is blatantly obvious, in which case they'll be banned at some point (I'd like to think so, at least).
It wasn't much better pre-sprint button tbh; back then, BSM was analogous with the ghost clients of today.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
It wasn't much better pre-sprint button tbh; back then, BSM was analogous with the ghost clients of today.
Well, MCSG did eventually make a thing that detected if you had BSM and banned you for a minute so you could uninstall it and play without it. That's not a thing at all with hacks today. Plus, I think BSM was a little easier to detect, but that's just me probably.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Tenebrous12321 why dont you apply for mod with all this knowledge?
Well, MCSG did eventually make a thing that detected if you had BSM and banned you for a minute so you could uninstall it and play without it. That's not a thing at all with hacks today. Plus, I think BSM was a little easier to detect, but that's just me probably.
ToggleSneak was a thing and the BSM detection was a joke and easy to bypass.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci