• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My rant about the staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
First of all I want to say that I am Norwegian, so my english is not perfect.

As the title sugests this is about the staff members, or the lack of staff members. Right now there are no way near enough of them.

I counted around 100 moderators on the "staff" page. Of course not all of them are awake all the time, so let's say there are 50 staff members awake at any given time. Of course not all of those 50 is moderating all the time, so let's they spend 2 hours (which I think is pretty optimistic) per day. That means that about 10 staff members are on at any given time.
Let's devide the day into two 12 hour periods, so there are 50 staff members the first 12, 50 the other 12. Each staff member is on about 2 hours per day. Now there will be just under 10 staff members moderating every hour (50/12*2=8.3)
In addition to this not all staff members are on the server all the time. Some moderate the forum as well, so let's say there are 5 staff members on all the time. I've looked at the server page two times, both times there were 1.500 player online. So at the moment there's 1 staff member to watch over 300 people spread over 100+ servers. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that that isn't enough. MCSG needs more moderators.

And I do understand that people need to help the server with reporting people etc... But even with this counted in there's no way near enough moderators.

Hend

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
There's been a lot Staff Threads now a days

HyP3rKi113r

Diamond
Reaction score
They do in fact have an extreme need staff, but what is more important is the amount of time they spend accepting moderator applications. I've been talking with a mod and he said it took his application a couple weeks to be viewed and accepted. If they spent a little bit more time accepting the worthy applications, I think this wouldn't be a problem.

See this link: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/welshys-moderator-guide.29792/

Section 2, paragraph 3. It further proves my point on the length of time waiting to hear back on mod apps.

Drybear1998

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The sr.staff are aware of this problem and they are doing their best. It might seem like they are lazy but hey, there is only 3 of them. We are getting more moderators slowly but surely so be patient.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
There is a standard you must reach in applications. If everybody with a half-decent application got accepted, it would be disastrous. It has to be shown that the applicant is mature, and will be able to handle themselves.

If you want to be a mod, apply, and make it the best app you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci