• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

My rant about the staff...

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I'd have to agree, yes, we need more moderators, but we need quality moderators.
The staff we currently have is absolutely amazing, they do their jobs incredibly well, and are all active. We need more moderators, but we need moderators up to the standard of our current staff, not just some 'meh' moderators who were accepted just to fill the gap.

I'm not even a moderator, much less a Sr. Mod, but I can only imagine how tedious, sometimes stressful accepting applications could be, with all the thoughts of "What if this moderator turns out awful?".
You've got to understand the high-stress they are subjected to on a daily basis accepting applications, and performing the rest of their moderator duties.
You can't accept a new moderator a day because they need decision making time. They need to think it over and make the right choice.
This is crucial business, and crucial business takes time.

I feel as though sometimes, the community expects way to much out of the staff.
You need to have realistic expectations, you cannot expect every single staff member to be online all the time, you cannot expect a staff member on every server, it's just unrealistic.

Yes, I realize you never said that, but it's just about the same thing.
Asking for more moderators is a kick-in-the-pants to Sr. Staff saying, "You're not doing your job correctly, where are all the new moderators?"
As I've stated and re-stated several times already, it has got to be incredibly time-consuming and stressful choosing moderators, and adding in the numerous other moderation duties.

In the end, you just need to put things in a realistic perspective.
I think, as of right now, we are where we need to be. We have enough active staff who do their job well to make up for the lack of staff.
More staff would be great, but again, sorting through all the applications and finding the perfect candidates is a long, difficult process.

Give it some time and I'm sure we'll be congratulating new staff members.
For now, use the report abuse.
Pretend you're a moderator, screenshot, record and report rule-breakers. That's what I've been doing, and plan to continue doing so until I'm old enough to apply myself.

If there's 10 staff members online, but an additional 10 responsible community member working as 'imaginary moderators', reporting and helping out players, that's just about 20 staff online ;)

Reaction score
Okay, I believe it's now my duty to lock this thread. It's kind of starting to make a flame war. Also, we have answered the issue multiple times.
ANSWER: We are aware we are understaffed. This is why we still have our moderator applications open. If we thought we had enough, we would close the applications. Staff do play games. In fact, they play all the time. The reason you may not ever see them, but that doesn't mean they aren't there. I've been asked so many times, "We told you there was a hacker, but you never came." I was there. I was just in gamemaster. A perk which allows us to remain invisible, but still be able to be in game. Moderators are everywhere. You may think there isn't a moderator online, until you say something stupid in chat like @&%! or whatever it is, and you see a mod say, "watch the language." Sometimes, they won't even say anything at all, because they are keeping quiet trying to look for hackers. We are around. Trust me. Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci