• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's terrible. The amount of time given in the game isn't enough, and if you don't have as little as a stone sword, you're screwed. Plus, it ruins the survival aspect of the games, to survive until the very end! I also do not like that there are more than two tributes in the deathmatch. Maybe if the games still ran for an hour or until the last two tributes, it'd be fine.
I agree with the survival aspect on the longer games, but the 24 for an hour just seemed way to long. Reason why 40 minutes is starting to jump out. Although, on the counter, people seemed to be all 1 hour. I will be continuing to look into the responses this thread before I change it.

Chad, I think the pedestals in the 120 games are unfair, some people are closer to land than others. maybe make it so it's more fair?
It's completely random every game. It's VERY VERY hard to balance something for over 100+ players. So making it random just is the best we can do until we get more maps made for these servers.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
I agree with the survival aspect on the longer games, but the 24 for an hour just seemed way to long. Reason why 40 minutes is starting to jump out. Although, on the counter, people seemed to be all 1 hour. I will be continuing to look into the responses this thread before I change it.

It's completely random every game. It's VERY VERY hard to balance something for over 100+ players. So making it random just is the best we can do until we get more maps made for these servers.
Right, thanks for replying.

Tinyoneo

Survivor
Reaction score
I am okay with the shortness of the survival games, but the death match has become extremly laggy. With the falling sand and the ability to see the spectators, I get about 2 FPS during the deathmatch, and either lag and get killed immediately, or I end up lagging out and falling in the lava. If there was someway to make it so that the FPS could go up during the deathmatch, I would love the new set up.
Yes! I was 'hitting' a guy with a gold sword and it wouldnt hit him and so i tried again and apparently the lag was so bad that i didnt know he had killed me at that time

CS_StEaLtH

Survivor
Reaction score
If you are going to change the time, I feel that it should be 30 minutes at most. Also, one of the things that bothers me is how hard it is to see anything that is going on. It may just be me, but every time I try to move around the arena to get a better view, those alive always move to the other side. I don't see why it can't be how it used to be and everyone is invisible and can fly around. Maybe I missed something, but I thought that was perfect and it should be like that.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Well I'll have to say no on this one Chad. Ever since the new lobby waiting thingy and now even this new deathmatch area Map 2 has always been crashing on me, and I'm lagging out really badly. My walking is very buggy, which pisses me off. I have Optifine set to the shittiest settings (doesn't work). I tried four different tutorials to add more ram to Minecraft (including bebop's) and they ALL didn't work. I close everything in the background and I'm still having problems with it.
Map 2 has crashed on me 6 (or possibly more) times already because of all this new stuff being added. I like the new chest refresh thingy and deathmatch timer, but this, is a big NO for me :(
Oh and also the sword-hitting and a lot of other things are lagging bad to, no surprise that my spec's down to zero :mad:

JoshAU

Survivor
Reaction score
its a great idea but its really laggy but i still support it

XShoopDaWhoopX

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that the DM on 48 servers is a little too early. I liked it at 4 players, Then people couldn't camp on top of towers at final 3. but 6 players is just annoying. I think that 4 or 5 players should be when Deathmatch starts on 48.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
2o minutes is def too short for the 24 player match. I'm glad that chad is gonna adjust this later though, so count my 'no' vote as a bit more of a yes, because I love the new deathmatch arena and I haven't had any lag when playing on it.

Sasher

Experienced
Reaction score
Theres only 2 things I'd like changed.

1: Have the time limit be 30 instead of 20. I honestly dont think there needs to be a 2nd refill on a 24 server, because by the time the 1st refill comes there will be only a handful of people left, and there will by plenty of chests to go around. Plus making it 30 minutes gives people more time to finish up anything they wanted to like maybe enchant some gear or find some more chests.

2: No falling sand for deathmatch. I honestly love the idea of the falling sand and it making the arena slowly smaller, but the lag is just unbearable and all my hits dealt and taken are delayed. So if you can find a way to fix that, then I'm fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci