• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Our new deathmatch, your thoughts!

Do you like this new setup?

• Yes (Please explain below)

Votes: 116 55.2%
  • No (Please explain below)

Votes: 94 44.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I like the new deathmatch; however, it's way too short. The new time limit allows for teams to simply camp corn and wait out the 20 mins until dm then totally dominate then. I've also noticed a huge increase in the number of hackers that I encounter ever since the change especially in the deathmatch. With the old time limit it was possible to pick off members of teams and even eliminate the hackers but with the new limit things have grown exponentially more unfair for people who play solo.
I agree completely. The old time limit gave solo'ers like myself time to go for the smaller chests to get enough gear after a few refills to have a chance at death match. Now I find myself in leather armor against that team of two that only had to defend corn for 1 refill and have full iron armor/: Just needs a bit more work before finalization in my opinion

hillbillyc

Tribute
Reaction score
NewYork, your point is fantastic as well! i say we should keep the hour, and do away with 20 minutes. its just simply not enough time.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
Only thing i don't like is that when it goes to deathmatch you spawn so close, don't make it much further but a little would be nice

Eaglesfan97

Tribute
Reaction score
Only thing i don't like is that when it goes to deathmatch you spawn so close, don't make it much further but a little would be nice
I think thats a great idea! I guess they were trying to make the games go even faster, but when someone is right next to you, it is a little annoying. With my luck, it's always the guy in the full iron armor and diamond sword next to me in leather armor and a stone sword. Lol. :)

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
Aellios, you make an excelent point. games are mostly just a hacking team dominating there way to the top. :\
You have got to be kidding me, You use sprint hacks, me and all my bros saw you..

Aaron Shaler

Spectator
Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's terrible. The amount of time given in the game isn't enough, and if you don't have as little as a stone sword, you're screwed. Plus, it ruins the survival aspect of the games, to survive until the very end! I also do not like that there are more than two tributes in the deathmatch. Maybe if the games still ran for an hour or until the last two tributes, it'd be fine.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
As for the arena and time limit, I love it! But sometimes when the sand falls in the arena, I drop a few frames... I think it should just be a hole to the void. Oh, I think the time limit should be 20 minutes again. It elimates all the afk's camping in a corner.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now there are 120 spawn points and its random. So sometimes you might be spawned next to someone, but its all a lottery.

zeejayy

Career
Reaction score
Right now there are 120 spawn points and its random. So sometimes you might be spawned next to someone, but its all a lottery.
Chad, I think the pedestals in the 120 games are unfair, some people are closer to land than others. maybe make it so it's more fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci