• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamesaucer

Tribute
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
1. I like the setup of the city map, because you can also work your way up and down instead of just two dimensions. I find climbing not rewarding enough as it is, however, and I would like to see more chests higher up in similar maps. I less like the setup of the original map, but it's more balanced and I prefer it over the city map because of that. Ideally, none of the chests I go for are raided (except at the corn) and this has happened more than once. I find it an easier map to survive on.

2. I have two tactics.
Tactic one:
I run for the corn, grab an item or two and climb the heck into the trees to be safe, and once it is safe to go down I walk my route.
Tactic two:
I quietly walk away, leaving the corn and saving my hunger bar for later, and try to get one of the chests that often aren't on one's route.

3. I can't think of anything as of now.

4. Most traps are around the corn, at least in the first map, and in the second map I almost feel like there aren't any. I would like to see more traps on the outskirts of the maps.

Hope this helps.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
1: map 1 is better because it isnt a fight for the middle because there is other places to get same type of stuff
2: first map i go for pirate ship and then kill after, second map i have a route with 15 chests but if i get good armor and a sword from some of the first chests in my route i go fight in house area for better Armor .
3: parkour challenges to get to chests and for more lava traps in map 2
4: in the lobby you should be able to beat people with ur fist for fun but if you won the last game u get a sword to kill people just so you can be entertained in the lobby. also when there is 5 people left a compass should be spawned for everyone and it points to the nearest person to make the games faster and not just hide and seek

thanks i love the servers i dont want them ever to die i will always donate every month and gl vareide in finishing the last map cant wait!

Isao

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello Vareide

My favorite map is probably the first one only because there is more chance to run into other players and it is balanced right.

Try to get something in chests and beginning then run as far as i can to find more chests.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? I think all the tall buildings should be connected by a bridge or tunnel, that way you can run into other players more.

I think you should try to make a similar map to the second hunger games map, the arena should be like a clock and each area could be a different biome or challenge (mob spawners) or something.

Theminecrafter

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi Vareide

1. My favorite map is the second one, because of all the details and structures around the map.

2. Get stuff from the middle and get stuff from certain chests around the map.

3. Not really.

4. More jumping puzzles :D

johansws

Tribute
Reaction score
I can not decide wich map i like the most, because they both are so good. But i take map 1 because it is so hard to win the 2nd map
I run into the corn, take as much as i can and then i go my route. If i than have a iron sword when the night falls , i try to take the corn.
3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
More traps and harder to get chests in the corn
Even MORE puzzles then map 2 has ! puzzles are fun!

pmh.pereira

Spectator
Reaction score
I prefer the forest map, because there are no points of reference, besides the spawn. It is easier to get lost, and hard to find the chests.

I don't play a lot (and never won), but I usually avoid the spawn chests and travel on a path where I can get 7-10 chests. Too bad I never got good items.

The fact that the chests spawn everytime on the same place is kinda of a let down. The random items distribution on them is fine, but it would be more awesome if the chests were placed randomly (there could be a list of 200 coordinates on each map, and the server would pick 20 or 30 at random to spawn the chests).
The same for crafting tables. :)

Ranked matches would be awesome. It's not that fun to play with people ranked on the top 20. :(
Also, earning money per minute alive, so we could sponsor the remaining tributes once we die.

Anyway, great job. Looking forward to this map! :D

SgntFlfflz7

Spectator
Reaction score
I'd like to see a map that emulated the arena in Catching Fire. With a different challenge, for each in game hour, or every few minutes.

G_UNIT69

Spectator
Reaction score
my favorite map is most definately map 1 because in map 2 i feel kind of suffocated because theres too much space especially when its the end and theres like 2 people left

when i play i run away for a bit an look for chests untill i feel im ready to feed/fend for myself

on map 2 make it a tad smaller

make it so that when 2-6 players are left they all get sent to the corn and when there are 2 people left make it so that theres only like 1-2 minutes for them to die because i always find it that when some people team up they dont kill each other for a very long time.

HeadB0x

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? = The first one, because it's alot simpler and the chests are easier to find.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? = I usually try to avoid battles, and go trough the same path that I usually do.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? = Less water, since boats are pretty rare.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? = Nope.

BlueBeasts

Spectator
Reaction score
1.What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?

I love a mix of Map 1 and Map 2, I liked map because of the feel of the map. How it was set outdoors boosted how it related to the Hunger Games. In terms of gameplay I adored Map 2 for its cityscape and challenge.

For both maps my tactic is to team up and look around till I find chests.

I would like there to be more of a challenge (less chests or make it harder to obtain chests) and to be able to have more people to play on. AKA more starting slots.

As Ninja Shrimp said 'Would be nice to have some traps that you can use to get the slip on people. Eg: A row of trap doors on floor that you can run across while someones chasing you, then you turn push a button and plop the guy chasing you falls into lava (maybe abit harsh), water or a different route.'

Thanks for making these awesome maps Vareide, Yours Truly BlueBeasts

TheFrankFrankly

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? I prefer map 1, this is because you can be much more tactical on map 1, and be sneakier. The problem with map 2 is that I find whoever dominates the middle at the beginning, wins the whole game, this means that the match is decided within 30 seconds.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? Map 1: Don't go to the middle, run to pirate cove and then I have a special path which I can pick up at least 7 chests, then return to the middle. Map 2: Run to the middle and then try to dominate, maybe make a couple of alliances.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? As well as having already made items in the chests, you should also place many more raw materials, so that the players can craft swords, armour or whatever they want.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? In your next map you should try and design it so that there are more hotspots. At the moment there is only one, the corn. If, for example, you made a large chasm in the map with only two ways over, then you would create more hotspots. More hotspots mean faster and more exciting games.

Hope you take my ideas into consideration :)

Joost

Spectator
Reaction score
Well i like map 1 the most because first of all it is more surviving the players and in map two you mostly die by monster. I Alos mostly play this games with not so much people so Map 2 is to big for me.

Map 1: I mostly try to run to the chest in the middle grab a sword and maybe some food then run away, then ill stay nearby the middle to see if everyone is running away because then i can loot all the chests, if someone is still there ill try to kill him. After that ill just search the island and try not to get lost so quickly. Map 2: Ill Head directly to the Highest tower to get The Iron sword, Chainmail helmet and the beef, after that ill juts search some buildings and climb on top of a building at nightfall.
-
Yes, Maybe a Maze that would be really cool or some treasure under water. A Crypt would also be really cool if that is possible. And maybe more balanced loot chests.

really curious for the new map;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci