• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalzX

Spectator
Reaction score
1.I prefer the forest map much more because there is a lot more hidden areas that are fun to find and a lot less mobs to deal with.

2.On the forest map I run straight towards the hidden boat under the ground. On the city I run for the church, trying to put lots of space between me and other players.

3.Well, this is kind of with the server but I would like if the servers ran the original map instead of the modified one, there are a lot more hidden areas.

4.I think you should actually be able to use flint and steel to set other players on fire. I tried that once before I knew you cant and it made me lose.

MOTS13

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
I prefer the first one because it isn't super huge (plus the second one makes me crash every time)

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
On first map I know a great string of chests I go to off the start and in the second idk because I always crash.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
More vareity (or vareide if I can make a pun XD) in the chest items.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Maybe a 30 second grace period at the start so people don't have to worry about dying instantly. That or a plugin where you can see lightning above other players heads after it gets down to 5 people to speed things up.

(sorry if my response to question 4 was a bit too expecting)

YinYangBell

Spectator
Reaction score
In regards to gameplay, Map 1, though visual Map 2 is better. Map 1 has a much more merciful distribution of chests, allowing a player multiple opportunities to at least gain something. Map 2 has chests so far apart if you go for one chest you're not likely to reach others in time, mainly due to the large amount of skyscrapers, which hold most loot at the top forcing the player to spend large amounts of time climbing.

However, Map 2 does have the advantage of more landmarks. In Map 1, I would often maybe overshoot a turn, and would get lost in the woods, because most of the things in the woods (Lakes, woodland, large trees) are found everywhere on the map. In Map 2, the distinct buildings allow a player to navigate better.

Map 1:
With a team, I suggest holding the center, or a large group of chests elsewhere (Map 1's boat, for instance). Only scavenging nearby for chests, then restocking at night, and setting out for other payloads.
Without a team, I recommend rushing to grab loot out of one chest, then heading east (Right when facing the tower at center) to hit up one of the large tree chests and the boat, or at least the castle island. From there I basically scavenge, trying to remain close enough to reach the center when the opportunity arises.

Map 2:
With a team, hold center. Period. Scavenging allows other teams to take root there, and the other players will eventually come close as they look for an opportunity to raid the center at night, or are brought together by deathmatch.
Without a team, I rush to center, grab loot from one chest, and head to the suburbs given its chests aren't far apart due to climbs. From there, I simply scavenge, as I haven't worked out a good route.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
With the Yogscast SG, the chests near the player were an interesting element. The only disadvantage there is a weapon means that player is instantly ahead. If you could provide some basic randomized items (No weapons or tools that can be used as weapons), then no player would be entirely unequipped.
Note that a element such as basic gear is not at all near necessary, but could provide an easier time to players who have a harder time with the games.

Perhaps a few obstacles that occur as you get later into the game (Portions of the map being set fire to, floods, constant rainstorms, or increased mob spawn rates.)

Natey9

Spectator
Reaction score
- Survival Games 2. It's a lot more complex, and there are a lot of places to hide. Lots of vines mean that vertical chases and high-risk escapes are often an element of gameplay.

- Grab things from the Corn and just book it to any chests I know of. I usually just hope to get lucky.

- Deadlier traps. In the second map, there were a lot of places where people could get stuck, but not die. These bits didn't add anything, but rather just dragged games on for the entirety of the 60 minutes. A trap where you could get stuck and die would be preferable. Even better, a place where you could get stuck, and through a bit of parkour or puzzle, escape.

- Usable cakes, more interesting lobby areas, and anti-camping stuff. Seeing someone just camp somewhere, or even stuck in a hole, (see question 3. :p) is often something that drags an exciting match from epic to two people who are nowhere near eachother, while one guy is just on top of a building or stuck in a three-deep hole.

Chickadee1999

Spectator
Reaction score
My favorite map is no. 2, because it allows you to go up and down more by climbing buildings. No 1 is okay, but it feels a bit flat.

For number 1, I rush the Cornucopia, grab as many items as I can for the middle and outer rings, and flee. I then race to the chests near the end of the map and avoid conflict, slowly working my way in as I gain strength.

On number two, I flee because I tend to get stuck in the middle of the corn and slayed. I follow a special route and get loaded with stuff, then go to a secret hiding place and wait until I am TPed to the corn for the final deathmatch.

Reduce the number of small holes that people just get stuck in. You are stranded there until you either rage quit or a creeper falls on your head.

Perhaps a very different setting, such as a vast ocean with only small islands dotted about, or an open desert where one relies on their surroundings for camouflage

A sponsor system, but it would have to be fair and not easy to abuse.

Emeralds at the corn so you can trade with villagers for stuff.

darthcampo

Spectator
Reaction score
My Favorite Map is Map 2 because the amp is just more fun to look at and also there are strategic places for shelter and Sneak attacks.

My tactic is staying hidden untill the last two or three and then wait untill the perfect time to strike.

Make it so monsters cannot spawn in the games.

A huge building, with twists and turns. Or a place with huge mountains and huge caves.

Migeme

Spectator
Reaction score
Ok. Im gonna go outright and say it. Give us a Nether arena.
That's all.

monkyingaround

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 2. I'm not really sure exactly why, I just like it :p It feels like there is a lot more interesting things to explore right off the bat, whereas in Map 1 you have to get lucky or have a set route to find anything interesting.
2. I have the same tactic on both maps. I'll run from the cornucopia instead of go for it, as it gives me a head start on most people and I can get to the well-known chests first. Often I can hit atleast 2 well-known chest areas and be decently armed before anyone else, but when I go for the Corn I often just end up with a stick. Then I go on my "route", not really a route because I stink at navigation and end up blundering around like an idiot. I usually end up in the general area of the chest I'm trying to find, though.
3. Maybe some more traps or puzzles, and more chests at the end of them. Sometimes I'll spend 5 minutes just to figure out a puzzle, only to solve it and find that there is only a single chest filled with lousy items.
4. I can't think of anything right now.

2by2ark

Spectator
Reaction score
Difficult to decide. I liked the first better for a long time until I realized that there's no place to hide (if you play like me). The second map has more places to go because it was built horizontally AND vertically, but the amount of mobs in any one building always beats me in a fight. Gameplay favorite is the first one.

Charge Cornicopia, grab whatever (don't die), leave in whichever direction is least crowded, and find a place that I know there's chests in/at (I'm usually fortunate enough to be in aplace that I know ;) )
More traps. Say, fire dispensers like the book! Or arrow shooters... Maybe a mob-spawner in a popular hidy-hole like the boat.
I saw sponsors suggested and was like "YES". Literally. But, not money ADDED with points, money INSTEAD of points, or perhaps use pre-existing points as money... However best. But it's a good idea. I think the whole chest refilling thing strays from realism a little, (though I guess it is a fiction book, and you can't make it exactly the same.) I think the whole game would be more fair if you added more items to the chests in the center, and then didn't refill them. It's an unfair advantage to whoever gets the first sword. And that's exactly how it plays out: 1 sword + 1 player = 1 winner. Unless there's a team that finds a sword or two somewhere.....

TheKiwiKing

Spectator
Reaction score

I prefer the second SG map; I really love the post-apocalyptic look. The amount of chests everywhere allows for a faster game, as the players get access to armor and weapons to slay the less fortunate ones.

I've hardly played on the original map; again, I prefer the second map. I typically wind up going through the neighborhood of houses, where I take a quick look in each house for chests (I usually forget which house has the chests). I then go into the woods/church area across the river and nab the three chests in that area. After that, I usually get killed. I guess it's not the best strategy...

First of all, the city map is way to large. Even with 48 players, the skyscrapers and subways make it extremely difficult to find other players, let alone the several chunks-wide of space. Second, the starting area has too many chests, which cause players to hover around it, waiting to hog all the treasures whenever the chests are refilled. Games often take too long because either players can't find each other, or the noobs hide away from the experienced players cherry-picking at the center. Solutions I can think of at the moment are to have pistons hide the chests in the starting area, only allowing the outside harder-to-find chests to be refilled. The size of the maps cannot be changed easily, so it's best to keep in mind the size of the new map.

As far as the maps go, perhaps some floating islands could add more dimensions to the map. A smaller, yet higher map with several floors that could be easily accessed would be a lot more enjoyable than running on the ground floor for the majority of SG. More work with redstone, such as traps, could be glitchy online, but would cause the game to be more of a survival, having to live against both the other players and even the playing field itself.

ZomBry

Survivor
Reaction score
Map 1, cause it has a survival feeling and that it's not as laggy.

Map 1, I Just basically rush the corn, grab it all, run south... go on my chest route.

Map2, Don't have one as i have never won, too laggy and too confusing.

Add more redstone traps and More 1x2 holes filled with lava.

Maybe a monthly hunger games in which the player who have improved the most, EX: 0 point to 950 points.
Participate in a hunger game round with 47 other people for a month of donor status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci