• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Snow Biome Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legacy

Survivor
Reaction score
Looks awesome, but remember...in the books, the snowy arena was the one that failed the worst. Everyone just froze to death in individual shelters.
I don't think we could incorporate "freezing" to death in a realistic way, unless we accelerate the drain of the hunger games. But this is Minecraft Survival Games, not the actual Hunger Games. We are just making it similar, not an exact duplicate from the books/movies ^^

Felix Griffin

Tribute
Reaction score
Sorry, that was just meant to be a joke. In the first book, they say that there will definitely be wood to make a bow from--the GMs always provided wood, since one year everyone just froze to death with nothing to make a fire from. In Minecraft that wouldn't apply, unless Notch is adding yet another way of dying to the game.

ArchetypeAmnesia

Survivor
Reaction score
Oh god yes , Quick suggestion- Add some Structure whether big or small but the land scape is simply Outstanding! great Job!

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
Oh god yes , Quick suggestion- Add some Structure whether big or small but the land scape is simply Outstanding! great Job!
Thanks! I have added a few more structures, but i don't want to give everything away :)

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
Heres one more photo for everyone. Inside the updated mountain.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One more thing about the map is that you generally want some cover when running from spawn. Or else, someone could follow you forever because they'd always be able to see you. Will your map have plenty of cover at the spawn to eliminate that? It seems like a wide open space would make it too easy to see someone really far away. But still, as i said, a great map

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
One more thing about the map is that you generally want some cover when running from spawn. Or else, someone could follow you forever because they'd always be able to see you. Will your map have plenty of cover at the spawn to eliminate that? It seems like a wide open space would make it too easy to see someone really far away. But still, as i said, a great map

Very good observation. There will definitely be less riskier routes to travel that have more cover, but taking those routes may make it more difficult to find chests.

Krawanan

Spectator
Reaction score
It looks nice, but the spheres made with world edit are a little to recognizable, i would smoothen that out a bit more.

ROGY

Tribute
Reaction score
It looks nice, but the spheres made with world edit are a little to recognizable, i would smoothen that out a bit more.
I am glad you mentioned this. I could not tell because I have already futzed with it quite a bit. I will continue to tweak them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci