• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

TeamFellowship - Middle Earth (A LOTR MAP!!!!)

Are you excited about this map?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Finbarr

Spectator
Reaction score
Hi I am FinbarrGaledeep. I love what your doing and would love to be a part of this.
Heres my application.

Minecraft username: FinbarrGaledeep.
Experience: I have played minecraft for about 4 years.
Strengths: I am pretty good with redstone. And i can build large structures fairly quickly and still include a moderate amount of detail.
Position: Builder
Availability: about 30 minutes to 2 hours a day. On fridays i can play for hours and hours.

Thanks everybody. I love your ideas. This looks awesome. I wish you all the luck in the world. I would love to be a part of this.
Thank you for your time

Respectfully, Finbarr

cubemylife

Experienced
Reaction score
If you can pull this off, you sir, get as many cookies as you like.
I love it <3

Finbarr

Spectator
Reaction score
I came up with an idea for the trailer.

( angled shot ) See steve walking along a stone path with fences on either side. on either side of the path you see hobbit holes. See hobbits working in the fields. (zoom out and pan so that you get a wide shot of hobbiton and some of the mountains beyond. in the forground have a hobbit chimney with smoke coming out.) ( Now go to a front shot of steve. He walks toward the camera. zoom in toward his face. See that there is a gold ring on a chain hanging from his neck.

Cut

Black background. intense LOTR music. Firey letters rush into camera view.
Letters ( Travel the land of middle earth )

Shot of steve riding a horse toward Orthanc like gandalf in the fellowship.
Shot of steve climbing the mordor mountains like frodo and sam.
Shot of steve riding on a horse over a hill and looking out across a field at Minas Tirith.
Shot of steve standing before the Eye of Sauron in an impressive wideshot.

CUT

Black background Firey letters zoom into the cameras view.
Letters ( Fight Powerful foes )

Shot of steve facing down the balrog on the bridge of Khazad Dum.
Shot of steve fighting the witch king like Eowin.
Shot of steve fighting the cave troll.
Shot of steve fighting Shelob.
Shot of steve cutting the ring from Saurons hand

CUT

Black background firey letters zoom into camera view.
Letters ( Finish the quest )

Shot of steve on the brink of mount doom. he holds the ring over the chasm and drops it.
Follow the ring down in a side shot. As you go down the backround fades into black. All that remains in the screen is the ring which stops spinning and holds still. Out of the blackness appears the words ( The Lord of The Rings )
the ring forms the O in Lord. Then beneath those words appears The server.

That is my idea for the trailer let me know what you think.

jackcone

Spectator
Reaction score
I came up with an idea for the trailer.

( angled shot ) See steve walking along a stone path with fences on either side. on either side of the path you see hobbit holes. See hobbits working in the fields. (zoom out and pan so that you get a wide shot of hobbiton and some of the mountains beyond. in the forground have a hobbit chimney with smoke coming out.) ( Now go to a front shot of steve. He walks toward the camera. zoom in toward his face. See that there is a gold ring on a chain hanging from his neck.

Cut

Black background. intense LOTR music. Firey letters rush into camera view.
Letters ( Travel the land of middle earth )

Shot of steve riding a horse toward Orthanc like gandalf in the fellowship.
Shot of steve climbing the mordor mountains like frodo and sam.
Shot of steve riding on a horse over a hill and looking out across a field at Minas Tirith.
Shot of steve standing before the Eye of Sauron in an impressive wideshot.

CUT

Black background Firey letters zoom into the cameras view.
Letters ( Fight Powerful foes )

Shot of steve facing down the balrog on the bridge of Khazad Dum.
Shot of steve fighting the witch king like Eowin.
Shot of steve fighting the cave troll.
Shot of steve fighting Shelob.
Shot of steve cutting the ring from Saurons hand

CUT

Black background firey letters zoom into camera view.
Letters ( Finish the quest )

Shot of steve on the brink of mount doom. he holds the ring over the chasm and drops it.
Follow the ring down in a side shot. As you go down the backround fades into black. All that remains in the screen is the ring which stops spinning and holds still. Out of the blackness appears the words ( The Lord of The Rings )
the ring forms the O in Lord. Then beneath those words appears The server.

That is my idea for the trailer let me know what you think.
I love the idea! sounds pretty good, how are you going to do this? (Is there a good program you use?)

Finbarr

Spectator
Reaction score
Well i use a program called blender. It is a digital key frame animation and 3d modelling program. I am fairly new to it. I think that i might try to get a rough version useing stop motion. ( just to see what the clip looks like ) Then I will use the stop motion clip as a reference.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
I have run into some technical difficulties.
#1- I made the map WAY too large! (1500x1500)
#2- There is a TON of extra space.
This will set me back by at least 3 days. Unfortunately, building won't begin today. Sorry!:oops:

ChalkAvenue

Spectator
Reaction score
Strength: Interior decorating and home design, thought it'd be useful in hobbit holes
Experience: I've helped wih a few custom maps sometimes, but this is only the second time designing an sg map, but I think I'm pretty good.
Times available: Depends on timing: sometimes on weekdays, and I'm available for basically the whole days on weekends.
Mc username: charlespk105

L

Lululioness

IGN (and Skype, if wanted)- Lululioness. Will give you my skype over PM if accepted ;)
Position- Builder
Age- SecRet :3
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking- I have worked on a quarter quell map, and I'm working on one atm but no one seems to be on the server anymore.
Building Strengths- MEDIEVAL STYLE :)
Times Available- Whenever I'm on?
Other Comments- NUP

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Strength: Interior decorating and home design, thought it'd be useful in hobbit holes
Experience: I've helped wih a few custom maps sometimes, but this is only the second time designing an sg map, but I think I'm pretty good.
Times available: Depends on timing: sometimes on weekdays, and I'm available for basically the whole days on weekends.
Mc username: charlespk105
Yes!
IGN (and Skype, if wanted)- Lululioness. Will give you my skype over PM if accepted ;)
Position- Builder
Age- SecRet :3
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking- I have worked on a quarter quell map, and I'm working on one atm but no one seems to be on the server anymore.
Building Strengths- MEDIEVAL STYLE :)
Times Available- Whenever I'm on?
Other Comments- NUP
Nope! You need your age! No secrets...

JK! You are in, too!!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Guys, exciting news!

Either tonight or tomorrow, I will be opening the server for building! I will pm all of you the ip, so be on the look out!:D

BenyThatsMEE

Spectator
Reaction score
ING:beny22
POSITION:builder and redstoner
Prior Experiences with Mapmaking: I Made a few maps for the project ares servers
Building Strengths: Im good at houses and creative things and also good (fair) with WORLD EDIT
Times Available: Ill be available probably 2-3 hours a-day
Other Comments: I LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS AND IM REALY LOOKING FORWARD TO HELPING Also what is the ip??:):):):)
My email is [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci