• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Downfall of MCSG?

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Coding a 1v1 plugin is very easy to do and won't take much time at all. I know that the developers have a lot on their plate (especially since there are only two left and Rusty's pretty much part time now), but it should be relatively easy to create and it's really not like we have much to lose. I'll write a bit more once I have access to Internet on my laptop.

Reaction score
Coding a 1v1 plugin is very easy to do and won't take much time at all. I know that the developers have a lot on their plate (especially since there are only two left and Rusty's pretty much part time now), but it should be relatively easy to create and it's really not like we have much to lose. I'll write a bit more once I have access to Internet on my laptop.
There's two? What about Devin, Gideon, Rusty, DV_Raiton, and others?

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
MCGamer's downfall…MCSG's downfall…SG's downfall…Minecraft's downfall…

The funny thing is, these are all connected.

To start investigating why something isn't going as planned, you need to find the root of the problem, to find that, we must start on a big scale: time.

In essence, Minecraft has run a long long course, and surprisingly, it's holding it's own…somewhat. The influx of players seems to be balancing the old players leaving due to boredom and moving interests. But the new players have a plastic cover to them that seems to be the only thing everyone else sees: stereotypes, that this game is a block game for five year olds.

What does this have to do in this situation?

Well, the fact is is that these stereotypes have been ingrained into everyone, and they were created by the community, we have dug a grave for ourselves by representing ourselves as immature and slow, something that isn't us and shouldn't be, this is why change comes slowly and why MCGamer's 'strict'.

SG's downfall is more of the same, but UHC on Badlion, say, has more modern foundation to go on. People want to practice PVP and so they go onto the 1v1 servers they have, they experience the survival there, and if they want a break they can go there, but UHC is an attracter.

MCGamer on the other hand? It has none of this foundation build-up of gamemodes that provides variety instead of quantity, which is what we have, this is what keeps players playing, and what gets players to play. When I say unoriginality, this is what I mean.

And financially, MCGamer isn't making the smartest moves thinking in the long term, there are so many factors that I'm not even going to list, but it's all choice from here, no 'letting things play out' to save the servers.

Reaction score
MCGamer's downfall…MCSG's downfall…SG's downfall…Minecraft's downfall…

The funny thing is, these are all connected.

To start investigating why something isn't going as planned, you need to find the root of the problem, to find that, we must start on a big scale: time.

In essence, Minecraft has run a long long course, and surprisingly, it's holding it's own…somewhat. The influx of players seems to be balancing the old players leaving due to boredom and moving interests. But the new players have a plastic cover to them that seems to be the only thing everyone else sees: stereotypes, that this game is a block game for five year olds.

What does this have to do in this situation?

Well, the fact is is that these stereotypes have been ingrained into everyone, and they were created by the community, we have dug a grave for ourselves by representing ourselves as immature and slow, something that isn't us and shouldn't be, this is why change comes slowly and why MCGamer's 'strict'.

SG's downfall is more of the same, but UHC on Badlion, say, has more modern foundation to go on. People want to practice PVP and so they go onto the 1v1 servers they have, they experience the survival there, and if they want a break they can go there, but UHC is an attracter.

MCGamer on the other hand? It has none of this foundation build-up of gamemodes that provides variety instead of quantity, which is what we have, this is what keeps players playing, and what gets players to play. When I say unoriginality, this is what I mean.

And financially, MCGamer isn't making the smartest moves thinking in the long term, there are so many factors that I'm not even going to list, but it's all choice from here, no 'letting things play out' to save the servers.
Good point!

Shelby

District 13
Reaction score
There's two? What about Devin, Gideon, Rusty, DV_Raiton, and others?
Gideon and DV_Raiton are the same person. What he means is Devin and Gideon are the only plugin developers working full time. Justin and Subversion have the back end stuff. Rusty is on call.

itstomy

Diamond
Reaction score
I think "In my opinion" MCGamer should drop all other gamemodes and make it like the v1 days, I know i enjoyed it more and other people enjoyed it better. Maybe keep 1 or 2 gamemodes but i think they should be dropped. Other topic in mind it more "Moderators" In my opinion MCGamer have gained so much for Moderators, which i good but it's not all the best if there not on everyday, Not all people can be on everyday but i think they should add a rank or something in mind for a certain amount of Moderators should focus on the hacks and other other Moderators focus on other situations. Now this is my opinion and maybe some of this could help. Thanks

Reaction score
Gideon and DV_Raiton are the same person. What he means is Devin and Gideon are the only plugin developers working full time. Justin and Subversion have the back end stuff. Rusty is on call.
Ahh I see!
I think "In my opinion" MCGamer should drop all other gamemodes and make it like the v1 days, I know i enjoyed it more and other people enjoyed it better. Maybe keep 1 or 2 gamemodes but i think they should be dropped. Other topic in mind it more "Moderators" In my opinion MCGamer have gained so much for Moderators, which i good but it's not all the best if there not on everyday, Not all people can be on everyday but i think they should add a rank or something in mind for a certain amount of Moderators should focus on the hacks and other other Moderators focus on other situations. Now this is my opinion and maybe some of this could help. Thanks
if they drop the game types, it might just make MCSG more infamous than it is now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci