• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Downfall of MCSG?

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
MCGamer Staff ban people way too easily. If they unbanned people for abuse and gave them mutes (adding more offenses), Permanent Mutes for dDos threats and Innappropriate Links and let people bypass the filter, it would have 3/4 of it's community back.

So many people have been banned from the servers. It is getting close to more players being banned, than players that have actually played.

Admitting to hacking? That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard ever. If a Platinum Donor says "I hack" as a joke in chat, they get banned, although they have spent $100's on this server. MCGamer is dead, sorry to say it.
We aren't here to talk about the rules. most of the rules are perfectly fine. D'dos threat should always remain an instant perm ban because that is a threat towards someone's security In real life. People are muted for bypassing filter and inappropriate links in the first place. It's honestly really rare to get banned for abuse and usually those who are banned for abuse are really abusive people (surprise surprise). I do agree that Au is not as popular as it used to be and I would agree with your point of Sr Staff being more lenient for people that have been perm banned over a year because people do change, but if we are talking specifically about AU, that region is incredibly abusive and honestly some players just ask to get banned of the servers by the way they are acting.

Back on topic I agree that MCGamer is slowly losing popularity, but many people are jumping on the band wagon because two people failed their admin trials. Whatever happens life continues on and so does MCGamer. They were great staff members no doubt, but there are plenty of capable people that are as good of staff members as the ones we have just lost.

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Back on topic I agree that MCGamer is slowly losing popularity, but many people are jumping on the band wagon because two people failed their admin trials. Whatever happens life continues on and so does MCGamer. They were great staff members no doubt, but there are plenty of capable people that are as good of staff members as the ones we have just lost.
Don't completely agree with that but im going to leave it there as this is not the time or place.

Reaction score
NOTE: This is not meant to go against MCGamer in anyway, nor this is a mass demonstration.

I agree that MCSG is going downhill. For the past couple weeks, a crew of moderators and I have been moving people down conducting surveys about why MCSG is going down hill. Some members of my crew include (_Pyrrhic Ceroria Anadarko Jojo, and a few others.) We've done a lot of surveys, conducted a lot of opinions ideas, made reports and passed them on to senior staff. A lot of the problems in here were included in our report.

When I came back to the staff team I noticed almost all of these problems, and I did a bit of asking and it turns out these problems have been here for quite a while. After conducting the interviews I realized that almost all of the moderators felt this way. The reason why these problems weren't lifted up before? Simple as this. The mods don't want to talk to sr.mods. In fact community members in GENERAL don't want to report community issues to sr.staff. Why? Reputation.

Trust me, there has been a HUGE attitude change in the staff team in general. As soon as a sr.mod joins, a ton(Even more than before) kissing up, a huge shift in attitude, and behavior. Moderators are fighting over who gets to ban who now. And it's not more than just not properly working or "mistakes." It's the attitude that really upsets me. As soon as I joined the staff team, I felt like I just entered a race for Sr.Mod. Really, almost all the new mods or a lot of them are try-harding for sr.mod. And I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels like this. There are a lot of great staff members that have resigned for this very reason. People just want sr.mod so badly, that they suck up to them SO MUCH, that they don't even want to raise up clear issues within the staff team or server itself, just because they don't want their "reputation to be damaged."

As a person who knew the staff team back then and now, things aren't the same, and it isn't the natural change that occurs with any server, this is a toxic change.

By the way, none of this is my opinion, this is solid evidence. I've done so much research, experiments and a lot of different things to come through this basis. I didn't want to really make a thread about this, but I honestly feel like it is time I open up about this.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard about evolution. What happens when a species doesn't evolve to a changing environment? It perishes. We need to evolve, and hopefully we can do it. Once again, I'm not against MCGamer at all, I'm trying to support it anyway that I can. But I feel like I need to make my research and opinion public. We all need to support each other through this as a team, not compete with each other for a rank. So let's get a grip and bring the glory of this server back.

KelsieBree

Reaction score
NOTE: This is not meant to go against MCGamer in anyway, nor this is a mass demonstration.
This also applies to my own post:

I agree that a lot of things can be done to improve, what they are exactly, I will not say here because that is something to be shared with the Sr. Staff and administration. I will admit that I don't agree with a lot of things here lately, and I have had my doubts, but as long as the community is here I plan to fight for it.

When I first joined, the server was getting a near constant 4,000 - 6,000 players. That has halved in only a year. Obviously, something went wrong somewhere. Along with the player count, a lot of the great things I loved about the community left as well, although I've managed to find other things I love about it.

J

District 13
Reaction score
Disregarding gamemodes, this is what MCSG needs to do. The staff team is organized and active, but the moderators are a bit "power hungry." I can only see a few moderators actually moderating mainly because they would like to keep the server safe and a fun place for everyone, the majority of mods now seem to be try-harding for Sr. Mod. Another thing is recruit Turkish Translators. You have Turkish Mods, why not translate the donation page into Turkish so Turkish players could actually donate like Shelby mentioned.

Adding onto one more things, the remove of Neph and Vanessa. I am sure that we can all agree that they accomplished many things in a matter of 2 months, they're busy with irl stuff as both of them are focusing on school too, yet they were still able to work regardless. They accomplished many feats during their time here as well as being one of the most popular choices of promoting. Removing Neph and Vanessa not only demoralized the community but as well as the staff team. Neph implemented many new ideas such as the MCGamer Feature Suggestions Section on the forums and Vanessa creating and approving multiple events here as a staff member.

This server is dying. Open your eyes Administrative Team, multiple moderators, ex-staff members, even an ex-admin, has claimed that the way this server is going, it will eventually run out and lose.

I'm sorry if I seem rude, but I need to get this out quickly, to the staff team so that they can fix their mistakes before it's too late.

Jdennis

Platinum
Reaction score
I mean they have community discussions (not that often anymore) However a lot of topics get raised there and no of which have been implemented , just because they got 4,000 players on before they feel they are fine , yes 2,000 is a very good number but you have lost half your players due to losing interest in what's on the server not to mention that these 2,000 people leaving are going to badlion etc and over the space of a year you have gone from a top server to an average server , Hive just makes MCGamer look silly now.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Disregarding gamemodes, this is what MCSG needs to do. The staff team is organized and active, but the moderators are a bit "power hungry." I can only see a few moderators actually moderating mainly because they would like to keep the server safe and a fun place for everyone, the majority of mods now seem to be try-harding for Sr. Mod. Another thing is recruit Turkish Translators. You have Turkish Mods, why not translate the donation page into Turkish so Turkish players could actually donate like Shelby mentioned.

Adding onto one more things, the remove of Neph and Vanessa. I am sure that we can all agree that they accomplished many things in a matter of 2 months, they're busy with irl stuff as both of them are focusing on school too, yet they were still able to work regardless. They accomplished many feats during their time here as well as being one of the most popular choices of promoting. Removing Neph and Vanessa not only demoralized the community but as well as the staff team. Neph implemented many new ideas such as the MCGamer Feature Suggestions Section on the forums and Vanessa creating and approving multiple events here as a staff member.

This server is dying. Open your eyes Administrative Team, multiple moderators, ex-staff members, even an ex-admin, has claimed that the way this server is going, it will eventually run out and lose.

I'm sorry if I seem rude, but I need to get this out quickly, to the staff team so that they can fix their mistakes before it's too late.
I know what you meant, but try to be careful with that wording. Neph and Vanessa weren't "removed". Neph failed his trial, and Van didn't want to continue without him even though she passed.

I still miss them both ;-;

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Just know that many people who play on MCGamer play on Badlion too. Most of the Badlion community and players consist of people who play on other networks and just go there to practice their PvP skills to go use them elsewhere. I'm not saying that they have nobody who goes there and dedicates their time to that server, but a lot of the people play elsewhere and go there to just practice. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
People just want sr.mod so badly, that they suck up to them SO MUCH, that they don't even want to raise up clear issues within the staff team or server itself, just because they don't want their "reputation to be damaged."
Yes people suck up. However if you look at the last few trials that have been hired throughout time, please try and list the ones that they suck up to. A lot of things we as staff don't understand is that, if you are sucking up then the Sr. Staff will notice it. That's why certain people have not gotten when the whole community thought they deserve it.

Anyways, I'd like to put it out there that people do have goals, but want to achieve them in some way. I'll admit it, a goal of mine is to get Sr. Mod. However, besides showing the fact that I am possibly qualified for it, I want to just be myself and show them my true self and show that I'm not fake, and I'm not trying to do anything to get the position over others. I feel like what you say in your post is extremely right, but a few things are missing things.

Also just know, if you feel like someone is extremely sucking up or making a competition about something, just report it to Sr. Staff or just put it in the most recent activity checks like we talked about in the last Mod Meeting.

Love ya Rish :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci