• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elisha

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The old voting system was my favorite. Now i feel neutral about the new voting system.

Neodude

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly, the only thing I would change right about now is the current Lobby. The old one was switched out a while ago, and now this one just seems kinda...old. A newer lobby to jump around in and explore might make the five minute wait a little more enjoyable.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Honestly, the only thing I would change right about now is the current Lobby. The old one was switched out a while ago, and now this one just seems kinda...old. A newer lobby to jump around in and explore might make the five minute wait a little more enjoyable.
Being worked on now.

Edog

Platinum
Reaction score
I would take the age-limit off of the moderator requirements because being young doesn't mean that the person is mature.

subtato

District 13
Reaction score
I would take the age-limit off of the moderator requirements because being young doesn't mean that the person is mature.
Only problem I see with that is that with the older you are, usually the wiser you are. To be honest, it's kind of like getting a job. Let's say there are two candidates for a job, and only one can be hired because of a budget. One is 17, and the other is 30. Both are equally qualified, but the 30 year old would probably likely be chosen based on their age and more experience.
I personally agree with the age limit on the moderator requirements, that way the community has a standard level of maturity. I'd rather see the community ran by 18+ rather than all 13 - 18 year olds.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it, I don't mean to sound harsh towards any age group.

einar288

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the new voting system has failed it's most important task. To ensure that there is greater map variety. One of the voting alternatives are, in my experience, 90% of the time survival games 4. That is compleatly pointless. Please make every map just as common.

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I, am a veteran, who has played for the 6-7 months MCSG has been out.
Now, I am agreeing with MCJackson. MCSG was really fun in the days before SG3. Now, it seems like a chore to play. More hackers mean less fun. Even more less fun when people accuse you of hacking because of your score, or they suck at MCSG!
We need more moderators to patrol these servers, each getting a server to control. Maybe, if you are younger than 15, you have to speak to the mod team on TeamSpeak, to make sure you are mature enough to become a mod.

Go back to the old voting system.........................PLEASE! Only change that if the map was played last round, you can't vote for it. That will stop the " Breeze Island" problem.

I also think that anyone who has a score over 2500 should get regular checks by the mods, to make sure those players aren't hacking. Most people over that amount do, but some don't and get acussed of hacking anyway.

Finally: Thankyous to the WHOLE [not including corrupt mods] Staff Team, and donators. Without you lot, we wouldn't be here complaining to you to fix our problems! :D

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lately the games haven't been as interesting as they used to be. I remember being in a 24 player server and the games would last 60 minutes. Mainly because it would end up being a team of 2 vs. one single player. And it wouldn't go directly to deathmatch because it required 2 tributes remaining for the game to go to deathmatch. Me, being the single player a lot of the time, would have to stalk them a bit more and wait for one to make the foolish move of moving into a cave or wandering away from his partner to go get a chest.

Another thing that made the games interesting was when mobs played a big role in how the game played out. Players who weren't well equipped used to have to hide in trees or buildings at night to wait out for the monsters to go away when the sun rose in the morning. Now a days there are hardly any mobs because their spawn rates have been dramatically decreased. I know that the mobs weren't real popular with the majority but I liked having long games. They weren't fun to watch but they were a blast if you where the player, in game, running around, hoping that a creeper doesn't blow you up, or that a player will jump at you.

To me, a lot of the old adventure feel has gone away because of some of these things. When I was new to this when these servers first came out, it was awesome to be in game and to have your heart racing because you just made it into the top 5! That was quite challenging because you would have to fend off mobs and had to be watching your back at every second.

I miss the old days. It's not that I don't like what we have now, it is completely fine with me, but it just isn't as fun as it used to be.

One thing I would change about mcsg is bringing it back to how it was before sg3 was released.
In a poll "Keep mobs" won with nearly hundred polls more... And they deleted them :(

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I Love These Servers! Something to improve the game play value. More Servers! Their too much fun and fill up so fast.
Something that kinda bugged me recently though was Voting for which new maps to add and then adding them all anyways. I mean what was the point of voting anyways? Besides that Adding all the maps anyways was a good play on your part. You can now monitor which maps are most voted for and "skim the fat" so to speak.
I'm also super happy you removed The Overgrown map. Man that map sucked! Hopefully Karmunrah follows Overgrown very soon cause running up that giant pyramid to get back to mid just suuuuuuuucks. Also the chest distribution on the map is awwwwful.
Anyways Great work thus far guys. Love the Admin's don't know why everyones so uptight about how harsh they are on potential hackers. In Fact i feel you should be harder on them with perma bans on reports with conclusive proof instead of just week long bans.
It's very annoying to get so many wins and points never having used a single mod to find out players you see in the top points of the leaderboards are using mods like notice and never being able to prove it. (had a few skype convos and heard the admissions myself.) no conclusive proof though.
Hope you guys find more moderators soon! Would love to join the ranks myself some time we're i ever so lucky to be asked about my qualifications.
Anyways Cheers, Good luck, and thanks for the opportunity to vent :)
Kharmunrah is really good, it should NOT follow Overgrown, you know that overgrown has comen back? And it arent that long up to the corn. I totally disagree with that.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I also think that anyone who has a score over 2500 should get regular checks by the mods, to make sure those players aren't hacking. Most people over that amount do, but some don't and get acussed of hacking anyway.
Everyone over 2500? Just bounty the points away! What with everyone that has won like 50-70+ times?

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
I think there should be more forum achievements and necroposting should be bannable >:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci