• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

What has happened to MCSG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
As a member of a number of the involved communities (TeamVareide Web Admin, Hive Moderator, FyreGames Admin), I need to make some stuff clear for you:
This is very well said, there isn't a need for communities to bash one another here or on any other thread. The issues between "the hive" and "mcsg" isn't between them at all. The issues are between the owners and that's where it should stay. The communities shouldn't turn against one another or be biased towards one another in any way. Think twice before you post a foolish comment on another community bashing them or putting them down because you've no right to and you're probably wrong as well.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
whats this got to do with anything!
This has everything to do with "what has happened to mcsg". Communities don't thrive by tearing one another down, they do it by building each other up. One good example is the Hive, they were two communities that came together to help build on one another and it's working for them. MCSG didn't choose to be a part of their "meta-community" but that's not a reason for our communities to fight or argue. We should respect one another and be more friendly instead of turning people away. That's a major issue right now is that our community is putting everyone down which in turn makes people not want to stay. We as a community should work on being more positive and inviting, that is what will keep us going in the future.

Sammoko

Survivor
Reaction score
Just waiting for a MOD to lock this with no reasoning, because that never happens EVER right?

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
There wont be a moderator locking this thread unless someone give them reason to do so. I will agree some things haven't been handled so well in the past in regards to locking threads but when it does happen there is a reason whether or not it's clearly defined to the public isn't the issue. This thread shouldn't be locked at the current rate but if it does turn into a flame war, or people posting meaningless and pointless demeaning comments like yours it will be locked.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
No it will not be locked because it's a place for the community to express their opinions and ideas assuming they're valid and constructive, Sammoko.

Antster360

District 13
Reaction score
This is very well said, there isn't a need for communities to bash one another here or on any other thread. The issues between "the hive" and "mcsg" isn't between them at all. The issues are between the owners and that's where it should stay. The communities shouldn't turn against one another or be biased towards one another in any way. Think twice before you post a foolish comment on another community bashing them or putting them down because you've no right to and you're probably wrong as well.
There wont be a moderator locking this thread unless someone give them reason to do so. I will agree some things haven't been handled so well in the past in regards to locking threads but when it does happen there is a reason whether or not it's clearly defined to the public isn't the issue. This thread shouldn't be locked at the current rate but if it does turn into a flame war, or people posting meaningless and pointless demeaning comments like yours it will be locked.
Both True.

R

ratsknalc

I definitely wanna hear chads view on this. As a member of the forums rather than just the owner. ChadTheDJ should be responding to this. It will be very unprofessional if he doesnt reply
I think everyone would like to hear Chad's view, on this and other things. Him not willing to respond to anything has led to a lot of things getting out of hand, including the whole drama between Hive/MCSG. There is only so much we can do when the only people we can talk to are MCSG senior mods that then get raged at for talking to us.

He probably hasn't even noticed this thread yet ;).

ohheyitscarly

Diamond
Reaction score
Thing is, Hive is still in development. Plus, it also doesn't specialize in only survival games, and at the moment it is only EU based. They're getting US servers very soon, and when they do so more people from our community will migrate to theirs. What I believe to be the issue is that the dedicated forum users and the legitimate players are shifting over. If they get AU based servers, and that are actually in Australia unlike MCSG's horrible Asian based servers, than the bulk of the AU players (which are quite a few) will move over there. Even the Hive US servers might serve as a better alternative over MCSG AU servers for us AU people. MCSG may be more dedicated to Survival Games than Hive, but I don't think that will matter when Hive has better quality (and less laggy) Survival games servers to play on over MCSG.
I completely understand what you're saying. Of course, there are arguments on both sides. Everything has flaws. At this point, its up to personal preference.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Try reading the post I quoted, and then my post again. It's really not that hard to understand.
all I'm saying is that the original post for this topic had nothing to do with that
Just waiting for a MOD to lock this with no reasoning, because that never happens EVER right?
NOOO never will anyone ever lock this.
If this turns into another flame war I'm leaving. But I doubt this one will. This ones different :3
Both True.
can you elaborate further antster...I wouldn't mind hearing your view on all this.
I think everyone would like to hear Chad's view, on this and other things. Him not willing to respond to anything has led to a lot of things getting out of hand, including the whole drama between Hive/MCSG. There is only so much we can do when the only people we can talk to are MCSG senior mods that then get raged at for talking to us.

He probably hasn't even noticed this thread yet ;).
Yeah ikr, could a snr mod/mod try and get him to give his views
hes the freakin owner and he cant come on and tell us whats going on.
Also, your comment on senior mods is actually a bit true. Everytime I contact a senior mod I seem to be straight up rejected. :(

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Arguing/discussing this publicly won't do much. Play what you want. Simple.

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Arguing/discussing this publicly won't do much. Play what you want. Simple.
I don't think people would really waste their time posting this if they didn't want to play here. They brought it up in hopes that something will improve so they have better reason to stay and play here. It's worth discussing because it helps dispel rumors and allows the community to come to more of a common ground. People will play where they want obviously and I agree with that but I also agree the community could use improvement, and that starts with discussing issues and possible solutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci