• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Your opinion on permanent mutes.

DE5T1NY

Platinum
Reaction score
And you don't even admit to your mistakes. That's low.

If you wish to act like a kid and be stubborness like this go ahead, but please keep away from the forums.
No, you just didnt read what I said properly

Reaction score
Well you firstly have to get 3 warnings, so it's pretty logical.
Also, what's the reason to even talk? Sometimes yea, for clans or teaming up with other people, but most of the time it's stuff like "gg" "gf" and that. Tbh, there's not even a reason to talk if you're not organizing a clan war or something like that.

When I disputed my perm mute, I was told that perm mute's weren't removed. If that's the case what's the point of disputing them? People change and it's pretty stupid that if you can't control your outrage you are then punished forever. If someone is gonna repeat offend after being unmuted I understand, but if they can make an honest and legitimate appeal they should at least have a chance. Being muted has taught me not to abuse the rights of speech on other servers, and I legitimately believe that if I were to be unmuted I wouldn't repeat offend but this isn't my dispute, it's just a rant.
MCSG clearly don't understand the fact that people change. In the future please input relevant information as it's the staffs job to correct people not the community member's. Doing what you did is called "Mini-Modding" as I'm sure you're already aware. I'm not having a go at you, the community should just reply relevant information and not correct people 24/7. /rant
Community members/non staff members are supposed to input relevant information.
Wow, you must be really mature and well informed...
And I'm pretty sure Molotov read what you said, but I'm not sure if you heard what he said.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
When I disputed my perm mute, I was told that perm mute's weren't removed. If that's the casewhat's the point of disputing them? People change and it's pretty stupid that if you can't control your outrage you are then punished forever. If someone is gonna repeat offend after being unmuted I understand, but if they can make an honest and legitimate appeal they should at least have a chance.
...you said there is no reason to dispute your mute, as it won't be removed anyway...

You aren't supposed to write a dispute unless the ban was unfair or after a long time because of the forgiveness policy....

So yes, if this isn't the case it's pointless to dispute....

I was simply pointing out that it is indeed pointless to dispute your mute as you were saying....

Is this really that hard to understand...?

Creepah

Career
Reaction score
I personally think the system at the moment works. If a user re-offends multiple times they're obviously not deserving of the privilege to chat. If they have truly changed their ways they're welcome to dispute the mute and could be unmuted if the senior staff find them worthy of the forgiveness policy.

Though I do think clearer guidelines on what the forgiveness policy means and involves might be a good idea.

Reaction score
I think the problem is in the things that constitute an 'offence'. Allow me to paint you a picture bros:

Yung pvper jonnysurvives is playing some MCSG when to his horror he sees a player leap forward several blocks while chasing another player, them seemingly have a seizure while dealing the final blow. This player is a dreaded pvp hacker, and the situation is exacerbated when a second tribute happens upon the fray and reveals himself to be teamed with the pvp hacker. Upon checking the players' stats, yung jonnysurvives finds the second player to have an astonishing 40 out of 48 games won!

Several minutes of obnoxious secondary use and chokepointing later (all the time being harassed by the team with taunts such as "come fight noob"), our hero jonnysurvives vanquishes the despicable boosting team and, to spite them, writes "EASY BOOSTER BOIIIZZZ" in chat. A MOD SPECTATING THE ROUND IN GAMEMASTER THEN MUTES HIM PERMANENTLY FOR FRICKING 'FILTER BYPASS'.

If you can't deal with someone insulting your skill, you shouldn't be playing the game, end of story.

Gyr_0

Spectator
Reaction score
This is my personal opinion;

If you are silly enough to waste all four chances that you are kindly given by the Staff of MCGamer, when you do receive the permanent mute, it shouldn't come as a surprise. The 'chances' you are given are specifically designed to allow the user punish to admit to their wrong doing and change their ways. When people do not realise they are breaking the same rule four times in a row, you deserve the mute.

Saying that, I feel there should be a forgiveness policy for the permanent mute, we can all admit that with time, comes maturity. One year a user could be 13 and so immature that he receives the permanent mute punishment and the following year he realises what he was doing and admits to his wrong-doing. I personally think they should allow a strike to be taken of their account following a ban dispute that has been posted at least 8 months after receiving the punishment; permanent mute [Following ban dispute] it takes them back to only committing 3 rule-breaks. As time goes on the minimum months required to post for another 'strike-removal' will go down by 2 months.

Although that idea was off the top of my head, I feel it could work. This is my opinion, and cheers for the thread!

Gyr_0.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
but mcsg staff take things way to serious tho
So should we sit around all day and do nothing? We have to take every situation and report seriously around here or nothing would be done.

Aczent

Experienced
Reaction score
perfect example right here
All I'm saying is that people get a bit too hypocritical when they complain when we do nothing, but then complain when we take things "too seriously" in other words, doing our jobs.

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All I'm saying is that people get a bit too hypocritical when they complain when we do nothing, but then complain when we take things "too seriously" in other words, doing our jobs.
Then why in the world do you get punished for a joke between your friends on the clan thread if you don't take things too seriously?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci