• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezra John

Spectator
Reaction score
1: I really like SG map 1. It's much more natural and survival-like kind of game.

2: I would stroll around the arena, looking for chest for both the map. I would only take 2 items from the chest at the center and get out of there.

3: More hidden chest and a few more chest in the center. More food and weapon should be placed in chest. I would also like more hidden areas.

4: Add mods if possible. :)

Jade11

Spectator
Reaction score
1: my favorite map is the the Forest/Island, because I lag less on it, but i think the city is a funner and more difficult map to play.\

2: (First off a little hit to the new people reading these. DON'T GO IN THE MID IT"S A DEATHTRAP.) My best tactic on the City map is to just RUN! because I lag to bad on it. all thou if I get away I find some land marks that I remember and find chest around them. on the Forest/Island I remember a certain tree (large one) near the spawn. After I find that tree then I find all the chests leading away from the spawn.

3: I don't think it needs much of a change, but one time my friend was running and fell into a spider web trap hole and well it was two blocks deep and he just sat there tell a creeper got him and I have fallen into a hole that you couldn't get out of and that was really upsetting. (In other words please fix some of the traps so that there not certain death or where your just sitting around dyeing of starvation.)

4: I would like it if the chest that are just out in the open had alittle bit better gear in it and that is not IMPOSSIBLE to find food. :p

Zaach329

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
My favorite map is the original map. It has the classic Minecraft survival look plus it is an easier terrain to find chests and other tributes.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
I usually follow the rule given the Hunger Games movie and head for cover. Then I just loot chests from there on out. I usually like to lure other tributes to high places then knock them off.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
There should be just a few more crafting benches (mostly on the original map). On the second map there should be more loot in tall buildings and all the buildings should be accessible. I would also like on the second map for some more lighting in dark buildings because dying from hostile mobs every time you enter a building is no fun for you or the spectators watching.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Well server wise it would be nice if you could place leaf blocks and vines and also mine ores only (it is survival after all). Plus there are certain chests that are inaccessible without placing a block(s). Which just makes for a waste of a chest.
Map wise there should be traps and safe houses. Traps to trick your opponents to end up in. Safe houses to hide yourself in (possibly filled with loot or just a hideout for noobs).

Attachments

CrazyGabe

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that these questions are directed to the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers or our custom plugin! Anything feature requests relating to MCSG needs to be posted here. This is not a scam and sad that I had to add this but here is him linking this thread from his twitter.

I want an urban map and a rural map(forests,islands etc.) and a mine(players spawn randomly in a mine underground)

The last and most important,PLEASE REMOVE THE HOSTILE MOBS!they ruin the game!

giotigoni

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that these questions are directed to the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers or our custom plugin! Anything feature requests relating to MCSG needs to be posted here. This is not a scam and sad that I had to add this but here is him linking this thread from his twitter.
1) I prefer Map 1 because you can get lost quicker & the chest are hidden in a way, that you just may walk pass by them.

2) Map 1: Go north. And either search for big trees, because they may contain a chest or just find as many chests as possible & stay away from places, many people might go.
Map 2: Stay in the open, because in many buildings there are mobs & the last thing is to get killed by a mob.

3) Not as many chests in the cornucopia of map 1, but more chests than map 2 in the cornucopia. Maybe the maps should be a bit smaller.

4) Maybe traps or something like that.

Sorry if you had a hard time reading that with my mistakes, 'cause my english isn't perfect.

51wano

Spectator
Reaction score
1.I prefer the 1st map because i think that with the second map it goes on forever because everyone hides in the houses.

2.I usually get some stuff at the cornucopia then book it to high ground, then i hunt for people.

3.for the second map i would have put less buildings but i really like the first map

4.I think if you die in the top 5 then there should be chests at a sponsor room where there are wood swords and food to give to the remaining tributes.

Antzyx

Spectator
Reaction score

I really like map 1 because it's easier to play and shorter than map 2 owing to its huge (but beautiful) buildings.

Map 1 : My best tactic is to go to the boat first, and then go back to the middle until the night.

You should use chests discovered by pistons instead of dispensers : they don't work half of the time of the servers.

Why not add an automatic screenshot taken from the winner when he kills the last tribute ?

Kedric

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1, I feel that it's a bit more like the real Hunger Games

I don't get anything, I just run away and find stuff in the hidden chests

Bigger traps, that would be great!
The feast, and mutts.

-Kedric

Exision13

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? Map 2. It seems to me like it has much more to do and has more chests (or at least more that I know of). It also seems like it had more help and thought put into it.

Play with a friend I can talk to easily or play with my older sister. we first find a place to meet up at. she goes there and defends herself while I go to the cornucopia to get stuff. Then we meet up in the place that we chose and go search for chests to get better chances to win. Also when we see a person, unlike most people here, we don't charge at them and get our heads chopped off. We run run away so we live longer.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)? The big floating thing with a huge tree on it actually be climbable from the vines (at the half slabs we can't climb anymore)

Well, I was thinking that for the third map maybe have it like the 75th hunger games where it was like, cornucopia is on one small island surrounded by water that you have to swim through and the rest is the jungle. It would be awesome to have a map like the 75th HG :3 kthnxbai

zcwing

Spectator
Reaction score
Sup Vareide

My user name is zcwing and I have been thoroughly impressed by with maps so far, and now that the website is back online I can give you some comments and suggestions about the map. First and foremost I would like to say that the first time I played survival games I couldn't stop. The entire idea of it all adds a whole new genre to Minecraft.

-My favorite map in terms of gameplay is map number 1 because the items seem a lot more fair. In the cornucopia of map number two there is so much stuff, diamonds, iron armor, ect. In my mind this makes the gameplay unfair because it is basically whoever gets the first sword is the winner. But in map number one I think the chests are more equal and it comes down to who can find the most chests. Yet this brings up another issue: chests. Chests are a great way to store things. But is the only way you can get to chests is to find them? In map one there were a few puzzles, as in map 2. But I think some strategic puzzles (Like having three buildings that are exactly the same, all with levers inside of them. Then when all three levers are pulled a chest with a diamond sword appears?) would make the gameplay more fun.

(If what I said above didn't make sense...)

To summarize what I said above I have made a list of pros and cons of the two maps.

Pros
Map 1
  • Puzzles (Yay!)
  • Dense forests, lots of traps at the beginning
  • Chests are fair
  • Chests are easy to find
Map 2
  • Awesome buildings!
  • Diamonds
  • Looks amazing
Both
  • Amazingly fun to play
Cons
Map 1

• Looks boring
  • huge oceans
  • Places like the boat: too many chests in one place!
  • Too easy for people to hide in the ocean
Map 2
  • Everything good is in the cornucopia
  • Chests are hard to find
  • Too easy for people to hide in the buildings
Both
  • Hard to find people
  • Cakes don't work!

I usually try to find chests with food and weapons. At first I skip the cornucopia and try to find as many chests as possible and try to kill as many people as possible.

I have never played the vanilla version of SG.

More puzzles! Make chests more strategic! Its sooooo boring just to find them

Enchanting tables?

If you found this post helpful (As I hope it did) It would be an honor to work on survival games 3. I hope this post helped you in some way. I may be a noob at survival games but I am not a noob at building. I would love to help you all work on survival games three.

Thank you for your time.

Jesse Garcia

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Map 2. I honestly think it is much more interesting to run around and explore all of the highly detailed buildings, and it is much harder to get lost.

2. On map 2, I like to run straight for the cornucopia, then the power plant. I know where all of the chests are there, and there are quite a lot of chests there to loot :D
On map 1, I usually just run for the cornucopia, then go where ever. I haven't played on that one very much.

3. I would like to see the same idea as SG2, where it is themed, and I would also love to see the deadly traps from SG1 in there as well. I also like the puzzles, and the tiny parkour courses that give you some nice items :D.

4. A system for bringing people closer together. I was playing on a server called "Hungercraft" a few days ago, and they have something where every time someone dies, players get pushed in closer and closer by an invisible force field. Also, I would like to see some anti - auto looting plugins, some anti - xray plugins, and if possible, some anti - chestfinder plugins. These are all game-breaking cheats, that should really be fixed.

Glad to help out, and I am really looking forward to SG3! :D

Jsal

Spectator
Reaction score
Map 1 is cool cause its wild and in the movie the're there. Run for the hills. gather ssupplies and attack. Maybe like presure plate lava traps around emty chest to kill and more abandon building with mob spawners for a challange with a good reward.(no creepers they blow spawners)
Maybe add to the plugin(if you can) the abilty to destroy 1 block of your choice other than leafs and mushys(which can already be destroyed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci