• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Questions for you guys about Survival Games 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)?
While Map 2 certainly looks more impressive, Map 1 is my favorite in terms of gameplay because everyone actually stands a good chance at winning, even if you choose to go it alone. The chests are all easily accessible, and in Map 2 it just doesn't seem like going up into the buildings is actually worth it compared to sticking to the ground level.

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)?
Map 1: I completely avoid the center and the ship, instead heading for some of the underwater structures. From there I move about the outskirt-islands and collect some good gear, then by the time the chests refill I head back to either the ship or the chest. Usually get overwhelmed by teams at that point, but I manage to score a few good kills.
Map 2: I try to rush the Cornucopia then rush towards the small houses. Usually I have a stone/iron sword at that point from the corn so I use that to take down some players and get the gear I need.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?
In map 2, at least, I would like to see more chests in the buildings and fewer near the ground level - forcing players to actually have to enter the buildings with the monsters and such evens out the game a little bit and makes it more about survival again.

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why?
Natural traps, both of the redstone and monster variety. The puzzles were always very intriguing, but it would be neat to see some actual redstone traps. Not to mention perhaps having some that help escape from other players - points were stepping on a pressure plate closes the path right behind you or something like that.

zukodark

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
1. The 2nd map because there it is more than one good places than spawn! (The factory, the houses, church not that good and my secret place!

On the first I try to get to the shipwreck but for the most get killed by people with speed hack, but on the 2nd I run to spawn then get my 6 secret chests!

3. The first should get more places with alot of chests, the two tower areas are great, but it are only 2-3 chests there... And thy are often taken! That or remove most of the chests on shipwreck! On the 2nd maybe make it possible to find diamonds out of spawn!

[Warning: 4 removed]

nonolongo

Spectator
Reaction score
1.I Like the first map because the chests are easier to get to and I just like the place not having any huge buildings.
2.I go to the cornucopia first (Middle) to grab some stuff.Then I run away.I try to look for chests and avoid people until I'm prepared.This is a very good tactic because I made it to the top 2!
3.I think that nothing should be removed or changed.
4.I would like it if you had maybe a small map so that the games can be fast paced.
Hope you read this :)
-Nonolongo

OwnsMinecraftGames

Spectator
Reaction score
1.I like map 2, because its a city based map with lots of places to hide.
2.Map 1: Go to cornucopia and then RUN! Map 2: Go to cornucopia then go to the boner house and hide.
3.Map 1: A little smaller, then you don´t have to spend years finding each other. Maybe you can make a mix of the two maps! That would be awesome!
4. Traps and more chests.

ntfdfc

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Vareide and I am the creator of the Survival Games maps. Me and my awesome builders over at my server are currently working on Survivial Games 3.

Our goals with map number 3 is to make it both fun to play and make it very good looking. When we make these maps, we put a lot of work and thought in to how to make the map as balanced and fun to play. And we need your help to make sure they are as good as they can be!

So I have some questions for you guys, and if you have time I would love hear your thoughts.

3. Is there something you would like to be changed in the vanilla version of SG (on the map itself , not these servers)?

And by the way, my channel is running for King of the web! We are right now at 2. place and we would love your support by voting for us. It's completely free and you can vote 10 times a day.

http://kingofweb.com/users/vareide

ChadTheDJ: Please keep in mind that these questions are directed for the Survival Games MAPS, not our servers or our custom plugin! Anything feature requests relating to MCSG needs to be posted here. This is not a scam and sad that I had to add this but here is him linking this thread from his twitter.
1. My favorite map is the first one because it is the map I have played the most. Also, the items are well balanced.

2. First Map: On the first map I run to the right of the gamemakers building (Don't know what to call it) and leg it to the pirate cove and then I am usually set up unless someone else beats me there. (Which has happened everytime I do it)
Second Map: I basically just run for my life and look for chests.

3. I would add more crafting tables and actually put things in the furnaces so that the tributes can either cook or find things that they can use.

4. In the server Refills of the chests at certain intervals would be good and also some pursuit breakers that that can save your life if you are totally unequiped and out matched by running through and stopping them from chasing you.

pauliepaul1

Spectator
Reaction score
Answer to question 4: Could you add teams rooms or spawns? Me and my friend are always playing together :)!

Topsu

Spectator
Reaction score
1. What is your favorite map and why (in terms of gameplay)? The old one

2. What is your best tactic when you play (on both of the maps)? I run same route every time, if I get stone sword I have super high changes to win

4. Is there something you would like to be added to SG, and why? Spectator noclip. :)

Rg418

Spectator
Reaction score
Hunger Games 1 because of many reasons. The Placement of chests and The area size has limited places to hide compared to Hunger Games II. The best part is that the First Map doesn't have a Diamond Sword because they are too powerful.
To run into the cornucopia and go around looking for chests evading enemies until fully equipped.
The first server could be changed for the better if the cornucopia was similar to the one in Hunger Games II.
If there was a Happy Medium between buildings and outside, like a mix between both maps in order to reduce conflict between people who dislike the First or Second Map.

Toraqi

Tribute
Reaction score
The old map, becuase for some reason I always survive longer and get more kills.
Rush for chests that I know, and then look for people.
Make spawncamping a little more difficult, becuase the spawncampers almost always win
Make a few more places like the pirate ship and pink house, so it is more balanced in terms of chests.

qwets

Spectator
Reaction score

Both are, but I like map 1 more

map 1: Go to the north till I see those 2 ruins, enter the big one, grab the 2 chests, kill the people that are comeing down, jump in to the water, grab the chest behind me, go to the corner of the cliff, grab that chest again and then return to the spawn and grab all the chests, kill everybody you see.

map2: Go to the village, grab al the chests that i can get, survive till the sun goes down, return to the spawn andgrab all the chests, kill everybody you see.

map 1 smaller.

meh.

By the way, I've got 2 questions,
1. I have 2 ideas for maps, could I tell them to you and then can I help to building them?

2. at map 1 at the spawn there is a spawn, is there any way to get it?

those were the two questions, I hope you react. :)

HartmannHunter22

Spectator
Reaction score
1. My favortie map is the first one honestly...more players have a better chance to win because u cant get iron armor, and there are alot more open cests letting the newbies have a better chance than if they where playing on the second map.
2.My best tactic is go to the cornucopia, go on my strings of chests in the map. Go back to corn first night. Kill everybody.
3.Only leather armor, so everyone can get leather not iron.
4. ENDER PEARLS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci