• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The Downfall of MCSG?

Josh

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes people suck up. However if you look at the last few trials that have been hired throughout time, please try and list the ones that they suck up to. A lot of things we as staff don't understand is that, if you are sucking up then the Sr. Staff will notice it. That's why certain people have not gotten when the whole community thought they deserve it.

Anyways, I'd like to put it out there that people do have goals, but want to achieve them in some way. I'll admit it, a goal of mine is to get Sr. Mod. However, besides showing the fact that I am possibly qualified for it, I want to just be myself and show them my true self and show that I'm not fake, and I'm not trying to do anything to get the position over others. I feel like what you say in your post is extremely right, but a few things are missing things.

Also just know, if you feel like someone is extremely sucking up or making a competition about something, just report it to Sr. Staff or just put it in the most recent activity checks like we talked about in the last Mod Meeting.

Love ya Rish :)
Ok Andreas, where did he say current or past sr mods kissed up? He said current mods, and if you're going to sit here and tell me 70% of the current mods dont kiss up and tryhard, but are also the type to delete innocent post and get annoyed if you poke them for help, you've turned into one of those "everything is good dont worry"

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
I think SG as a whole is dying.

UHC is just the better gametype.

BenjiBaeb

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I love MCGamer don't get me wrong, this community was one place I felt useful and welcomed.

But ever since my demotion in December 2014 I have felt like a Community outcast, the second BattleGrounds came out everyone suggested 1v1's and not but a month ago I made a thread suggesting it again, which you can find here, this is one of the main reasons players swapped to Badlion and it makes me actually quite sad.

Coding a 1v1 plugin can take 20 minutes, I've seen it done. MCGamer is supposed to have an "amazing" development team that codes "amazing" things, but I don't understand why you cant take 20 minutes out of your schedule to make something that the community has wanted for so long? - It would definitely solve some of the player count issues, and it's definitely worth the time it would take to code, focus on what the community wants, not what we don't need.

NOTE: This is my OPINION and it's not to start a flame war or mass demonstration!

Stephanie

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
One thing that I think should happen: when everyone sees a new gamemode getting popular they want to play it, and most servers will try to replicate that game mode and do their own twists (i.e skywars) but I find MCGamer/MCSG whatever you want to call it, doesn't try to do that. Which is a shame tbh. They tried with UHC Worlds but they were a year and a half too late in my honest opinion. I

I know the Devs are busy people but if other netowrks/servers can put out game modes when there is an interest in it, why can't our here do it?

Reaction score
Literally, everyone involved should start taking this server seriously. This isn't playtime people, this is a competitive industry. How do you think MinePlex and Hypixel did it? They worked, they advertised, THEY GAVE THEIR SERVERS THE ATTENTION IT DESERVED. This server has potential, but we're not using it to our advantage.

Wake up Chad. Do something.

Reaction score
Yes people suck up. However if you look at the last few trials that have been hired throughout time, please try and list the ones that they suck up to. A lot of things we as staff don't understand is that, if you are sucking up then the Sr. Staff will notice it. That's why certain people have not gotten when the whole community thought they deserve it.

Anyways, I'd like to put it out there that people do have goals, but want to achieve them in some way. I'll admit it, a goal of mine is to get Sr. Mod. However, besides showing the fact that I am possibly qualified for it, I want to just be myself and show them my true self and show that I'm not fake, and I'm not trying to do anything to get the position over others. I feel like what you say in your post is extremely right, but a few things are missing things.

Also just know, if you feel like someone is extremely sucking up or making a competition about something, just report it to Sr. Staff or just put it in the most recent activity checks like we talked about in the last Mod Meeting.

Love ya Rish :)
As much as I would like to, there is no rule against sucking up. It wouldn't matter if I reported them or not, because there is no rule against it. Also, it's not just the new mods, there are a still a few of the older mods that still suck up to sr.staff, but since there is no rule against it, I'm not going to report anyone/call names. (I actually do know who does it it's not like I don't)

I'm not going to say a lot on the people who suck up don't get/get sr.mod because I'm not a member of the sr.staff so I have no clue how it works, so I can't really make any judgments without any solid facts. :p

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm hating on the server, I just realized that so much has changed for the lateral(imo), and a lot of people, in fact almost everyone feels that way. I'm really trying hard to help the community. :)

However it's not just the staff team. A lot of the players couldn't care less about who was in the staff team. According to a lot of our interviews, people think MCSG is bland, boring, and is trying to be one of those "family fun" servers.(If you know what I mean)

My suggestion?

Add 1v1's 2v2's etc. Look at MCSG's most popular gamemodes. BattleGrounds and SG. People clearly want to play PvP related things. I mean why else is MCSG known as the hardest server to win SG on. It's supposed to be a pretty hardcore server. If we have a bunch of PvP related gamemodes that somewhat represent vanilla pvp, then people won't go to other servers like badlion to practice it. I honestly think that this would start bringing our player count back.

btw ily2 m9 Giggity69Goo

Reaction score
This seems like a thread that going to get y'all demoted, be careful... :/
Demoted? I honestly care for the community, if I get demoted I won't be happy, but hey at least in my heart I know I made what I feel/learned clear(basically I'd get demoted for doing this) In my opinion the community is far more important than a rank. :)

I've already talked to a few sr.staff members about this, I can't get demoted for voicing my opinion. I'm also not trying to start a mass demonstration against the staff team, I'm pointing out a lot of issues that a lot of the older members in the staff team see. :p

I appreciate your concern, and I know I should try to be cautious of what I say, but this situation is really sort of reaching an extreme where people are starting to make these threads. :p

UnderSeaGirl

Diamond
Reaction score
I met amazing people here and I am thankful for that.. but for me MCSG is just not the same.
The EU community is pretty much dead.. unless you speak turkish.. and I feel like all "MCGamer" is doing is making wrong decisions, where it's possible to make them.
And who can't see that.. sorry I can't understand you xD
Badlion almost always has more people on.. and that for a good reason in my opinion c:
Oh well..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci