• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Science cannot prove everything, and if you haven't realized that yet, I kinda feel bad because you believe that humans know everything and we are always right about "science".
Lmao. Of course science can't "prove" everything. That's the beauty of science.

Hm lets see...
The bible
Predictions: A crap ton
Fulfilled: Maybe two or three max, and most were self fulfilling

Science
Predictions: A crap ton
Fulfilled: Pretty much everything, it also has an error correcting mechanism unlike your book.

The bible: Predicts God
Science: Does not

Here watch I can prove to 99.999% (extends infinitely) that your God doesn't exist.

1. The number of possible imagined things is infinitely greater than the number of actual, measurable things. (There are only x amount of things, but x+infinity imagined, unmeasurable non manifested things)

2. If God exists he is 99.999...%(infinitely extended) measurable because that's what 99.99999999999999999999999999999999999...% of things are.

3. God is not measurable, and before you claim he is you should go publish a paper about it in a peer reviewed scientific journal, you'll be world famous.

4. God has a 99.9999999999999999999999999999999...% chance of not existing.

By the way astronomy kills everything geocentric about any religion.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The problem that I have is, how do you know the god you believe in is truly the right god? What happens if you die and suddenly you are greeted with the Olympic gods, or the Hindu gods? Then you'd know that you lived your entire life in a lie. There are thousands of religions in the world and each of them could be true. The only reason you believe Christianity is the true religion is because your family taught you that, had you lived in an Arab country or in India, you'd believe differently. So I'd like to know that.
That's a solid point. If I were, say for example, greeted by the Olympic Gods I'd spend a solid 15 minutes dying of ironic laughter, then probably be sad after being sentenced to the underworld for not sacrificing a lamb or whatever.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yes

I'd rather believe in God and find out he doesn't exist than not believe and find out he does.
That is known as Pascal's wager and is faulty. As you become more specific in your God you basically are saying you have a 1/4000 chance of getting to heaven and a 3999/4000 chance of going to hell (There are 4000 religions in the world). But as you get more general you have to realize that if God doesn't care about their belief system he needs another way to weigh them. If person 1 is an atheist but spends his whole life helping the poor, while person 2 is a theist and spends his whole life raping people, who do you think is going to go to heaven?

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Give me non-equivalent evidence of creationism.

Any argument/evidence where it would be
1. Where the concordance of data is non replicable by any other process
2. Something where I can't replace the word God with "unicorns"

Azorces

Diacorv2

Tribute
Reaction score
Everyone has different beliefs in which or what god(s) they follow. I am actually a Muslim. I'm not the what you can call 'Religious' but I still do believe in god. I get a lot of hate for being Muslim, like being called a terrorist, and getting thrown remarks like 'ALLAHU AKBAR' as soon as people see me, most of it comes from the clan community. I really don't give that attention, but sometimes it just pisses me off to the point where it just gets really frustrating. Shame that MCGamer can't ban people over filtered words of racism, and can't ban people over Skype related things with MCGamer. But overall I respect all religions and beliefs all around the world as much as I respect my religion. I also hope that people would do the same and stop being racist towards me and saying things like 'Kebab' 'Allahu Akbar' and so much more.
>Why you don't tell people you're a muslim

i am (id really mind racist remarks, lay them on me) , but only because my parents force it on me.

i don't think god is real, but whatever my mom makes me do it cause she is an idiot

powdski

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe in God. The thing you have to think about is why would they make all the structures and the bible and gospel if they didn't believe there was a God.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I believe in God. The thing you have to think about is why would they make all the structures and the bible and gospel if they didn't believe there was a God.
Maybe because they didn't understand?

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Lol. I'm pretty sure they did it for a reason
They were uneducated sand people who didnt know anything about the world around them. The only they they could understand thing is by observing things with the naked eye. I dont doubt their honesty in thinking there is a God but they were wrong. Today we understand the things they didnt know back then. Religion is getting smaller and smaller with every new advancement in science. The God of the gaps. With modern science we can pretty much conclude there is no God. There are many other relgions that have a holy book just like the bible. Your holy book isnt special or different. Sorry to break it to you, its only an old book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci