• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The God Debate v2

Do you believe in God?

• Yes

Votes: 58 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 60 50.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
When I think of why I believe what I do, and then think "well, why don't I deny God and see this 'truth' others are seeing" I think back to my personal experiences and life and realize that I wouldn't want to live any other way.

My friends, the entire world is controversial and full of things there is no way we'll ever know in our lifetimes. I have had many moments in my life where I have simply given up and tried to live a different way but it just felt weird and it didn't feel fitting.

I'm not one of the people who just regurgitates Bible verses and is utterly ignorant to the truths and facts of life, but I do for a fact believe in God. Why? Because nobody actually knows what the hell is going on. We have some very solid scientific theories and religions, but until we die, there is no way to for sure know. Therefore I'd rather live my life with assurance and hope that if there is a God out there (whom I believe in) that will grant those who believe in Him this eternal life. I'm not lying to myself, you're crazy to think that, I'm simply living in a positive and moral way following this Great God, compared to living every second of my life in this bleak mindset thinking that wen it's over it's over. Wouldn't you at least want to open the door for yourself? The ways of God have been around for the longest time, the very structure of the world we live in is based off of the teachings of the Bible. It's hard to deny something that is so prevalent in the roots of our lives, whether it is obvious or not.
The problem that I have is, how do you know the god you believe in is truly the right god? What happens if you die and suddenly you are greeted with the Olympic gods, or the Hindu gods? Then you'd know that you lived your entire life in a lie. There are thousands of religions in the world and each of them could be true. The only reason you believe Christianity is the true religion is because your family taught you that, had you lived in an Arab country or in India, you'd believe differently. So I'd like to know that.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Yes

I'd rather believe in God and find out he doesn't exist than not believe and find out he does.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Yes

I'd rather believe in God and find out he doesn't exist than not believe and find out he does.
What is the point? What if you are believing in the wrong God or religion and still go to hell? There are many many Gods and regions out there. Why did you choose that one?

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
What is the point? What if you are believing in the wrong God or religion and still go to hell? There are many many Gods and regions out there. Why did you choose that one?
Rather have a 1 in a million chance than a 0. I'm technically catholic because of my family even though a) I don't believe in many of the things it teaches (i.e being against homosexuality, divorce) and b) I've explored other faiths such as Buddhism and Hinduism. After going to probably 15 different churches in my area, one thing I realized is that most of them have the same basic principles. As long as you live a good life and help instead of harm, I believe that you will go to whatever form of heaven exists. I don't think that Gandhi is in hell because he wasn't christian or MLK is in hell because he wasn't a Hindu. I don't believe in a god for a specific religion. I just believe that there is some sort of god and as long as you try and live the best life possible, you won't be punished for being a certain religion.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Rather have a 1 in a million chance than a 0. I'm technically catholic because of my family even though a) I don't believe in many of the things it teaches (i.e being against homosexuality, divorce) and b) I've explored other faiths such as Buddhism and Hinduism. After going to probably 15 different churches in my area, one thing I realized is that most of them have the same basic principles. As long as you live a good life and help instead of harm, I believe that you will go to whatever form of heaven exists. I don't think that Gandhi is in hell because he wasn't christian or MLK is in hell because he wasn't a Hindu. I don't believe in a god for a specific religion. I just believe that there is some sort of god and as long as you try and live the best life possible, you won't be punished for being a certain religion.
The bible says if you don't accept Jesus you will burn in hell for eternity. So if you choose a different religion you will go to hell according to christianity. So don't make stuff up,go learn about your religion. God isn't real and all religions are man made. Don't fool yourself, think about it. You don't need a religion to live.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
The bible says if you don't accept Jesus you will burn in hell for eternity. So if you choose a different religion you will go to hell according to christianity. So don't make stuff up,go learn about your religion. God isn't real and all religions are man made. Don't fool yourself, think about it. You don't need a religion to live.
I know about my religion, and I have an opinion on it. Yeah, Mark 16:16 says that, but even the pope doesn't take the bible literally, those times are a little behind us buddy. And no, I don't need a religion but it's nice to believe and think about.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
I know about my religion, and I have an opinion on it. Yeah, Mark 16:16 says that, but even the pope doesn't take the bible literally, those times are a little behind us buddy.
LOL no. Who cares about the pope, he is just come weird old dude. You cant jut change what a religion says. It say you will burn in hell if you are a different religion.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
LOL no. Who cares about the pope, he is just come weird old dude. You cant jut change what a religion says. It say you will burn in hell if you are a different religion.
Ok, guess I'll see you there then.

Chiller4

District 13
Reaction score
Id rather be in hell with all the atheists than be in heaven with all the religious people. See you there too because of the likeliness you chose the wrong religion.
Last I'm posting on this, but just took the first face I saw and did some research. I'll believe in my god, and you'll stay atheist or agnostic or whatever you choose to be, and I respect that choice. I'm just glad to know there's someone here who cares about something more than "hax0rz" and teams killing them.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
But there is proof of evolution and the big bang that shows that God didn't create the earth. Should we believe all things that are made up and have no evidence for?
Science cannot prove everything, and if you haven't realized that yet, I kinda feel bad because you believe that humans know everything and we are always right about "science".

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Science cannot prove everything, and if you haven't realized that yet, I kinda feel bad because you believe that humans know everything and we are always right about "science".
Sure, come on this thread and start accusing me of things I didn't say. You clearly haven't been paying attention to anything I have said on these 51 pages of debate. Where did I say humans know everything and we are always right about science? Please find a quote of me saying that. Go ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci