• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The one thing I would change about MCSG is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudezzzzz

Spectator
Reaction score
in my opinion i would like to change the hunger games back to the way it was. Only had the 3 original maps and the old voting system too.

Reaction score
Oh, so I guess I have to post my ideas.

The lobby - Five minutes is to long, in my opinion. You say it's to go to the toilet, get a snack, etc. But the majority of users just want to play the game. Instead of changing the time down, I believe these two ideas 'might' work.

1) Vote to start the game, after 12 people come on the server in addition to being able to vote, and skip that we are allowed to use a command with a name like, /start or /v start. (Can't think of a good name) :p

2) When the server hits 24 players it auto starts, this idea has upsides/downsides, but I think it'd work.

Game time - Now, when the game starts it takes a minute of waiting, wasn't 5 minutes lobby time enough? Nah, let's up it to 6 minutes. I'd prefer that to be 30/15 seconds, as it's not like we're going to get up and get a snack in a one minute time limit.

Now, something that could help these servers, so so so so much.

An anti-spam program, jeez. The servers really needs one!

I mean, I come on and I see small spammers saying /v 1 /v1 /v1 /v1, etc. Not so annoying but still it rapes my eyes. Then we have the matter of the people who jump on their skiddy Nodus client and spam "OMG U NOOBS R SO GAY LOLOLOL" 10000 times. Yeah, pretty annoying? If MCSG coded an anti-spam plugin it could go along the lines of this.

Saying the same thing, more than 10x per minute = kick from server.

After three kicks it goes up to a ban, temporary for a week.

Three more kicks and it's permanent, easy.

I'm sure MCSG could code a plugin like this, or we could just find one randomly which kicks/bans spammers. This could also decrease hackers, as if they spam with a client, then they will most likely hack as well. And it'l also decrease mods work, so more time to play! Yay!

Now, if I said fix the fall damage on AU servers would I be brutally murdered? (If it's been fixed already, I apologize)

Now just something that Chad could work on. It seems the AU servers aren't taken care of, they don't have many mods. And they're always way behind with updates. (Example: Terwan's spawn glitch has been fixed on US servers for god knows how long, yet on AU servers it's still the same old 'block glitch to get out and make everyone think you use Nodus) You do an amazing job already Chad, but it's just something that annoys me.

Now if I could have one wish, I'd wish for the community to understand spelling and grammar, but a man can only dream.

Thanks for reading this all, I'm sure it might be hard to put in place but I think it could benefit the community! And if you just skipped to the end, shame on you.
But then, the whole point of donating would be ruined:(

Alex Troy

Tribute
Reaction score
the MCSG servers are perfect except maybe have the server pick and not hav the ppl vote on the maps and stop making maps thier are to many now i cant memerize them all

Zeppy

Tribute
Reaction score
The age exclusion for the moderator application is fundamental- they have no reason to remove it, otherwise children will essentially ruin the server. Like or not, children have no place in positions of power. The 16 age requirement MIGHT be a little too high though, they could potentially change it to 15, however I don't think it should go any lower (this is from a 16 year old's perspective.)

They definitely need to start LOOKING at the mod apps, which they do not, in any way, do. Although I applied prematurely, I wrote a rather good application, and was expecting a reply.. It's been about a month- none yet. Either change whomever's job it is to review those applications, or make an announcement that you aren't taking them any longer. At the moment, it's simply wrong to let potentially great mods wait perpetually for an unbidden answer.

Tironas11

Diamond
Reaction score
The age exclusion for the moderator application is fundamental- they have no reason to remove it, otherwise children will essentially ruin the server. Like or not, children have no place in positions of power. The 16 age requirement MIGHT be a little too high though, they could potentially change it to 15, however I don't think it should go any lower (this is from a 16 year old's perspective.)

They definitely need to start LOOKING at the mod apps, which they do not, in any way, do. Although I applied prematurely, I wrote a rather good application, and was expecting a reply.. It's been about a month- none yet. Either change whomever's job it is to review those applications, or make an announcement that you aren't taking them any longer. At the moment, it's simply wrong to let potentially great mods wait perpetually for an unbidden answer.
I can see where you're coming from, and yeah, they really need to start looking at the mod apps. I was quite sure my application was judged only by my age alone. It made me feel uncomfortable seeing as there was an exception to those who had an impressive application, so I was either given the inference that my application wasn't good enough or he based my application solely on age.

As for the time, Bic reviews about 10 a day. Sounds somewhat fast, but with the mass influx of people sending in applications, it's hard for them to keep track of them all. I think they need to hire a reviewing team, not just Bic having to do it all. (The assumption that Bic reads them all was quoted from another Moderator, so if that's wrong, please correct me.) You'll just have to be patient...

Samuel Smith

Spectator
Reaction score
I don't like how you've changed voting, maybe you could just divide maps into groups, then choose a random group of maps for players to vote on in the lobby.

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The new anti-spam could use some work. My friend got banned for an hour for saying ":(".

Andrew284

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that Mushroom Soup should do instant health and would be more easy to find. Adding this will make pvp last longer and more enjoyable.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that Mushroom Soup should do instant health and would be more easy to find. Adding this will make pvp last longer and more enjoyable.
Instant health? I don't think so. This would mean that someone could just craft a ton of mushroom stew and become invincible.

MrDanninja117

Spectator
Reaction score
So I wanted to start a forum post on something you would like to change about our community. My question is, what is the one thing you would change about MCSG and why? Yes, it's a risky post as lots of positive and negative things will be discussed but I want to hear your opinions. As a community that cares about it's playerbase, we want to hear from you. So please keep it clean, well spoken, and truthful, what would you change about MCSG?
So I wanted to start a forum post on something you would like to change about our community. My question is, what is the one thing you would change about MCSG and why? Yes, it's a risky post as lots of positive and negative things will be discussed but I want to hear your opinions. As a community that cares about it's playerbase, we want to hear from you. So please keep it clean, well spoken, and truthful, what would you change about MCSG?
I hate that i am always kicked due to those donors even tho it is supposed to be a perk, i am always the unlucky one who gets kicked. So i would get rid of that if your late then you cant get in. Make it fair

JokersMaze

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
^(to the person above)
I think the point is to make you join faster. It is indeed fair that if you are last, you are the first to get kicked by the donors. I realize there are issues such as internet connection speed, but that may also affect your gameplay as a tribute. Really, if you have bad internet, you shouldn't be playing SG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci