• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

The solution to the 'gg' problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
This is literally the most unintelligent thread I have ever come across.... If some one says "gg" or "rekt" there is no point in banning the word... just prove to yourself that you have no penguins... lots and lots of penguins to give and move on with your life... If you find a two man team hard then learn new strategies as there are so many.. Fishing poll, bow, flint, tnt, and if you don't have any of those tools then you should get "rekt" if I have tools I can single handily take out 3 mans..
Your name is flappy bird, people have killed themselves over you. How do you not understand this topic.

YoshiYamiYori

Experienced
Reaction score
I refer you to my earlier posts on another similar thread, where I specifically explained the scientific probability of the manner from the viewpoint of the provoked. The probability of the average person overcoming the urge to respond to the provoker mentally, physically, or verbally, is too improbable to impose it as the solution to this dilemma, one that affects n0t only the individuals, but the business and it's ability to accumulate a good cash flow as a whole.

To shove this clearly hot topic away as being the fault and problem of only the individuals, you're merely leaving the cycle that statistics show will only continue to run it's course, which from a business standpoint isn't a good thing. As you are a member of the staff, I would expect you would understand this. There is a reason acts of harassment and inappropriate behavior are frowned upon and stopped as much as possible by the staff team; to keep players happy and playing, or in other words, to keep the business coming, all things these actions attack.

Not everyone is in that percentage of people who can tolerate this stuff, and you cannot expect everyone to be. That's far too ambitious a request. An individual can also certainly ease the problem of susceptibility for themselves, but it's scientifically impossible to be immune to mental reaction to a "get rekt" when you are in a position of a well recognized or skillful player, which many players are, or if you think you're these things, which many more people do. The better solution would really just be to stop the act of players provoking each other, which while also quite ambitious, is a lot easier to get close to than relying on everyone to individually fight human instinct.

From the individual standpoint, you make a point, everyone should try to avoid being too upset over this stuff. That doesn't make it an unintelligent topic to discuss, though, as the potential downsides to ignoring it can lead to financial disadvantages for the business (though negligible in comparison to other factors) and unhappy individuals, who, in my personal opinion, shouldn't be looked down upon just because they have problems with things you don't.
I remember this guy! Always filled with his "intelligent" overlooks :p

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
I refer you to my earlier posts on another similar thread, where I specifically explained the scientific probability of the manner from the viewpoint of the provoked. The probability of the average person overcoming the urge to respond to the provoker mentally, physically, or verbally, is too improbable to impose it as the solution to this dilemma, one that affects n0t only the individuals, but the business and it's ability to accumulate a good cash flow as a whole.

To shove this clearly hot topic away as being the fault and problem of only the individuals, you're merely leaving the cycle that statistics show will only continue to run it's course, which from a business standpoint isn't a good thing. As you are a member of the staff, I would expect you would understand this. There is a reason acts of harassment and inappropriate behavior are frowned upon and stopped as much as possible by the staff team; to keep players happy and playing, or in other words, to keep the business coming, all things these actions attack.

Not everyone is in that percentage of people who can tolerate this stuff, and you cannot expect everyone to be. That's far too ambitious a request. An individual can also certainly ease the problem of susceptibility for themselves, but it's scientifically impossible to be immune to mental reaction to a "get rekt" when you are in a position of a well recognized or skillful player, which many players are, or if you think you're these things, which many more people do. The better solution would really just be to stop the act of players provoking each other, which while also quite ambitious, is a lot easier to get close to than relying on everyone to individually fight human instinct.

From the individual standpoint, you make a point, everyone should try to avoid being too upset over this stuff. That doesn't make it an unintelligent topic to discuss, though, as the potential downsides to ignoring it can lead to financial disadvantages for the business (though negligible in comparison to other factors) and unhappy individuals, who, in my personal opinion, shouldn't be looked down upon just because they have problems with things you don't.

Edit: Certainly, these statements aren't cited in what I've wrote, and it hurts my argument significantly. If you're willing to do some research to check the authenticity of these arguments, though, you're free to. I'll admit, I couldn't be bothered to go scouring the internet for the sources on all these right now, it's the middle of a school day and I have an actual paper I should be writing.
I disagree.
I am fairly well recognized and possess proficient skills, yet I have learned to ignore.

TheChimera644

Diamond
Reaction score
This is literally the most unintelligent thread I have ever come across.... If some one says "gg" or "rekt" there is no point in banning the word... just prove to yourself that you have no penguins... lots and lots of penguins to give and move on with your life... If you find a two man team hard then learn new strategies as there are so many.. Fishing poll, bow, flint, tnt, and if you don't have any of those tools then you should get "rekt" if I have tools I can single handily take out 3 mans..
LMAO fishing pole and tnt lol

iHax0rsMC

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree and don't yes it can be insulting but however it could be nice I think GF is more like it

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a round table panel discussion going on this topic, which really surprises me in how impactful it is to many. I might pick out a few people from both sides whose posts have been particularly insightful.
Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci