• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

USA Presidential elections

GOFORGOLDCROZ

Diamond
Reaction score
Either Justin Trudeau, Stephan Harper, Thomas Mulcair, or Elizabeth May.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
Deez Nuts is an actual third-party candidate, so I will vote for him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deez_Nuts_(politician)

But seriously, I think it's a bit of a problem when presidency in the U.S. is literally becoming a joke. There's Deez Nuts running, there's Donald Trump, who literally is getting votes because he's popular and rich, and then there's the whole Kanye West for president in 2020 thing. I really hope Trump doesn't win just so that it doesn't just inspire random really rich people to think they can run for president too like it's no big deal.

Tristag

Spectator
Reaction score
Regarding Trump, I personally like many things he presents. He seems to really have a grasp on powerful and intriguing speaking but from what I've seen he only promises to enforce harsh immigration laws and cut back on taxes. Unfortunately these two things contradict each other.

You know who else had fiery speeches and extreme nationalistic tendencies? Well, he was German (technically Austrian) ruled in the 30s and 40s, and ended up not being such a nice guy.

In no way am I comparing Trump to one of the most horrific people to walk the earth, I'm just saying that he may be a bit too nationalistic and slightly inexperienced. I don't see what he'd bring to the table, but then again o really haven't done much research.
I honestly get what you were trying to say, I won't fault you for it but the same could be said for any candidate. Obama is a good speaker too. I think Trump would bring honesty and action. No more beating around the bush type of thing. Also, I don't think he will be chaotic. He's not stupid, he didn't become a billionaire by luck (yes I'm aware he had an inheritance) but even then, you need special qualities to turn that million into billions. I think behind closed doors he knows how to handle business and the way he is presenting himself is more to get people talking bout him. Which I admit is working.

Deez Nuts is an actual third-party candidate, so I will vote for him. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deez_Nuts_(politician)

But seriously, I think it's a bit of a problem when presidency in the U.S. is literally becoming a joke. There's Deez Nuts running, there's Donald Trump, who literally is getting votes because he's popular and rich, and then there's the whole Kanye West for president in 2020 thing. I really hope Trump doesn't win just so that it doesn't just inspire random really rich people to think they can run for president too like it's no big deal.
He's not getting votes because he's popular and rich, he's getting votes because he's actually addressing issues that weren't even on the mainstream platform until now. If anything he's pushed to overton window which is a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
He's not getting votes because he's popular and rich, he's getting votes because he's actually addressing issues that weren't even on the mainstream platform until now. If anything he's pushed to overton window which is a good thing.
Well the fact that he's popular is certainly playing some part in the votes he's getting. He has almost no experience at all in politics as far as I've heard. But I'm not really one to know everything about politics, so we'll see what happens. I'd rather not have it be a toss-up whether our next president is good or terrible, which is what is happening with Trump so far.

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
I definitely respect some of the things Trump does/wants to tackle (the illegal immigrant issue), as well as that he doesn't try to sugar coat/make everything politically correct (like ceroria not even saying hitler...gotta call you out)

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
I honestly get what you were trying to say, I won't fault you for it but the same could be said for any candidate. Obama is a good speaker too. I think Trump would bring honesty and action. No more beating around the bush type of thing. Also, I don't think he will be chaotic. He's not stupid, he didn't become a billionaire by luck (yes I'm aware he had an inheritance) but even then, you need special qualities to turn that million into billions. I think behind closed doors he knows how to handle business and the way he is presenting himself is more to get people talking bout him. Which I admit is working.

Merged your posts for you. Remember not to double post in the future :thumbsup: (y)

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
Before I state my opions on the matter, I would like to remind everyone to not let this turn into a flame war. Earlier there were a bit of issues, but they seemed to have died down for the most part, which is good. If I or another staff member sees that conflicting opinions get haywire once more, the thread will be locked.

Anyway, now I voice who I believe are pomising candidates.

Ben Carson - I believe that his work as a world renowned neurosurgen gives him a great perspective on life. It is interesting to see someone of the PoC community that is such a strong conservative. During the first debate night hosted by Fox last month, he got a chance to voice a few matters. He stated that during his time as a neurosurgen, he was able to realize that what truly defines a person is their brain. Not their skin color, or necessarily where they came from, which carries into his immigration polocies. This also is highlighed into his opinions on abortion. He has worked on infants within their mother's wombs and strongly believes and has made study on the fact that these are living creatures. Carson is also an advocate of reviving and honing the sapped potential of the education system. He recognizes the problems it has and is determined to fix it. You are talking about a man that was raised in the dirt poor of Detroit, but was able to become the most successful doctor in American history. That's not most successful African American doctor; most successful doctor. Carson was referred to as weak and lacking of energy a few hours ago by Donald Trump. Trump, however, has been mistaken. Carson's approach to the political campaign is not low in energy. Instead, Dr. Carson employs a passive and direct behavior. He knows how people want issues handled. Trump wants to take a sharp approach, but it's a double edged sword. Carson's easy going attitude and honesty shows how a responsible leader needs to handle the country.

Carly Fiorina - While I believe Ben Carson has a higher chance of being elected, Carly Fiorina is with no doubt in my mind, a very promising opponent in the league of the GOP. Fiorina recently spoke on the matters of the Iran Deal and other foreign policies. She firmly stands by the fact that the Iran Deal needs to be scrapped. It gives too much power to an already growing in power country. She supports our ties with Isreal and hopes to grow them. She wants to see more connections with Egypt. She stated that China is our future adversary. As a former head of the CIA, Carly Fiorina is a mentally strong individual that understands the secruity risks of our country. Consider her at the stance of Commander in Chief; the title the President posses that we often seem to forget. In an economical stand point, Carly Fiorina was once the CEO of Hewlet Packerd (HP); the company commonly know for computer appliances. During her time there, she handled sales in over 170 different countries. This proves her qualifications and tactics as a delegate to foreign areas. This also ensures her financial break through of the company and as a business woman. She was, however, fired as the CEO from the board of directors as she challeneged the status quo. This is a pattern seen among successful people much like Steve Jobs (Apple), Sallie Krawcheck (Sanford C. Bernstein & Co.), Mark Cuban (Dallas Mavericks & Shark Tank), and several other financial war lords that knew how to be successful. Many individuals are hoping for our next leader of this country to be a female. The leading democratic nomination at this point would be Hillary Clinton, as she is a female. While she does fall under this catergory, would you want your leader to be someone like Hillary Clinton? Is it wise to pick someone just because they fit this one category, or someone who is actually skilled to run our country. We have seen issues surrounding Clinton in the past few months. Were she in office during the time that her email server scandel was taking place, she most likely would have been impeached just as her husband was in the 90's and as Nixon was during his day. Why would we take a chance on someone we cannot fully trust. Carly Fiorina is a much more suited candidate for the role is you are looking for a strong woman to take control of this country.

EDIT - Another great reason that both of these candidates would be great individuals to run our president is because they are not adept to the political schemes. They are not polluted with the sharp mouth and political correctness that we see every day by our surrounding politicians. Many would consider politicians to be courupt and do anything to ensure their place in office, however these two individuals are actual qualifiers that understand the problems facing our country and have legitimate means and ways to fix them without falling into the political trap of false promises and a catchy slogan.

Last edited:

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
One thing I don't like though about any of the candidates is being against abortion.

It's a woman's choice to have her baby aborted; no one forced her to.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci